2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

On 9/21/2017 at 4:01 PM, Strider said:

Bonds 73 or Maris 61...which season hr mark do you recognize? Should Bonds & Co. have an asterisk or should their numbers be totally expunged and removed from the record books?

Maris 61.  Straight up did it, in the face of death threats and media scrutiny.  And his head didn't literally grow like 10 sizes in a handful of years...

With the Indians sweeping the Angels, that's all she wrote for the Halos season. Message sent: Even if the Angels squeak into a Wild Card spot, they have no chance of beating anyone. It's "wait 'til next year" again...or wait until Scioscia is fired.

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Nothing like day baseball and Verlander on the mound. Makes it hard to root for someone, come October. Houston, Boston, Cleveland--all would be nice in the World Series against the Dodgers or the Cubs....

Still believe its Dodgers and Cleveland.  But now I say its a toss up

So the Saint Louis Cardinals have officially been eliminated from the 2017 Post Season.  It made me sad for a minute or two but I am not dissatisfied with the Team.  All of our favorite teams do not always make it the Playoffs.  I just happen to be a fan of a team that always has very high expectations and rarely dissapoints their fans.  This happen to be such a year. 

I am now rooting for the Houston Astros or the Cleveland Indians to win the AmericanLeague Championship.  As for the National League, I am hoping that the Arizona Diamondbacks win the National League Championship.  

10 hours ago, kingzoso said:

So the Saint Louis Cardinals have officially been eliminated from the 2017 Post Season.  It made me sad for a minute or two but I am not dissatisfied with the Team.  All of our favorite teams do not always make it the Playoffs.  I just happen to be a fan of a team that always has very high expectations and rarely dissapoints their fans.  This happen to be such a year. 

I am now rooting for the Houston Astros or the Cleveland Indians to win the AmericanLeague Championship.  As for the National League, I am hoping that the Arizona Diamondbacks win the National League Championship.  

Yes a bad ending for my team as well.  They are going after 2-3 pitchers and the thinking is they go all in for next year with this lineup, and try and keep Manny Machado.  I hope that thinking does not change.  Showalter and Duquette are in their last year of their contracts as well so all hell could break loose if we do not get a couple of quality pitchers and win.  I am thinking a team like the Mets might do business with us?  I am cheering for the Dodgers all the way.  I always liked the Dodgers.  I do believe Cleveland will play the Dodgers in the series but the NL seems to have more mystery with the recent slump the Dodgers went through.  Some people think Arizona could win.  I am going to say Dodgers and Indians.  Go Dodgers!

6 hours ago, redrum said:

At least SF won't lose a hundred games. 3 NL West teams in the playoffs. Pretty cool (except for L.A.)

Thanks for that win Red.  That leaves my Tigers with the worst record in baseball.  If you're gonna suck, it might as well be big time.  Congrats to the Rockies !

Tigers pulling carnival crap with Romine playing 9 positions yesterday.  Seriously, after playing baseball your whole life, how many players couldn't pull off playing each position for an inning ?  And they did it on the road.  How silly.

7 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Thanks for that win Red.  That leaves my Tigers with the worst record in baseball.  If you're gonna suck, it might as well be big time.  Congrats to the Rockies !

Tigers pulling carnival crap with Romine playing 9 positions yesterday.  Seriously, after playing baseball your whole life, how many players couldn't pull off playing each position for an inning ?  And they did it on the road.  How silly.

A sad year for bay area sports, except for the Warriors.

So wow... the Os finish last.  Well, there's always next year.  Or something.

Went to the Nats game today because I needed to be at a baseball game today.  We left at the end of the 7th... after 3 and a half hours.  I think we had almost finished dinner by the time the game was actually over.  Sigh...............................

17 hours ago, redrum said:

The agony is over for SF.

Or just beginning?  My O's have made it clear they will go all in next year if they can get two good starters with this lineup.  I know they must release Jiminez, Miley and the only two starters to keep are Gausman and Bundy.  I think Castro might get a shot as a 5th man starter.  I am fine with that.  The team just flat out quit playing for Buck the last two weeks.  Maybe their way of sticking the middle finger up at Duquette for wasting a year with a lineup like this one.  Its better than what they had in 99.  I know Hardy is going to be traded.  And he is a very good pick up.  

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Playoffs tonight--not much to say, aside from most of us wanting to see the Yanks go down, likely (sorry, Walter)...  

:P

Amen.  And I took aa very light parlay on the Twins and Arizona.  Hell, one game?  Santana is good.  Hoping the Dodgers win it.

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Playoffs tonight--not much to say, aside from most of us wanting to see the Yanks go down, likely (sorry, Walter)...  

:P

You know me.... ;):P 

Go Yankees!!!

Archived