2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

It's the 40th anniversary of the memorable 1977 World Series. I can still hear the chants of "Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!" reverberating around Yankee Stadium.

7b39323026c5ca7751a391e482c2725a.jpg.c9d980b8d9d486e21c20aab583ba1879.jpg

So, a rematch between the Dodgers and Yankees would be sweet. But I would really love a matchup that has never happened before in the World Series: Dodgers vs. Boston.

The Diamondbacks owned the Dodgers this year so I think the Dodgers would prefer the Rockies to win tomorrow.

If hitters can't lay off Verlander's high fastball, you're playing right into his hands.  He rarely throws it for a strike.  Was kind of chuckling when the announcers were worried about his 90 pitch count.  Going 120-130 pitches isn't unusual for him if needed.  If they consistently limited him to a 100, he could pitch every 4 days.  That umpire was showing no consistency at all to either pitcher.  Sale obviously isn't himself yet, but what a wicked curve ball. 

I like Jim Kaat.  He's as quirky in life as the pitches he threw.  No one fielded the mound better than that guy.

It's a 4 game baseball marathon today.  I smell a 3rd inning baseball nap somewhere along the line.  :) 

Well, that wasn't so bad--the Nats continuing their October tradition of gagging. Couldn't happen to a nicer team...  :D

I zoned out after Kluber got rocked early in the game, but the Injuns apparently rallied after a marathon. Nats lose, Yankees lose, woot...

:party:

Archived