2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

55 minutes ago, Walter said:

Caught the last two innings last night. Good for you and your dodgers!  

Not really my Dodgers. But most of my friends and family are Dodger fans, I like National League baseball more than American League (hate the DH), and I've lived in Los Angeles far longer than I lived in Orange County.

But if the Astros win, I'll be happy for the city of Houston and a couple friends I have there.

Dodgers have been to nine World Series since moving to L.A. This will be the first Game 7 played at Dodger Stadium.

29 minutes ago, Walter said:

This game is about over already....  I know it’s really not, but they need a pitching change - like right now!

I was mad when I heard that Darvish got the start.  Shelled and known by them by his days in Texas. Kershaw started game one off 4 days rest.   This game is not over.  The Dodgers need 2 or 3 by the 6th.  If Clayton keeps them clean, they can do it.

11 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Where is Rick and his predictions that the Los Angeles Dodgers are the 2017 team of Destiny?  Remember, a No comment is more incriminating than a comment.

I put the blame right on Roberts shoulders.  How the hell does he not start Kershaw?  He killed them before the first pitch. Maybe they fire him and hire Girardi?  I don't know but I fire him.  Kershaw has to start that game.  Darvish I never liked.  Not in Texas or here.  Fucking killed them early.  Houston does not have quality pitching and their bullpen sucks.  The Dodgers in some ways choked.  They lost a game they had in their back picket (game 5), another fucking mess by Roberts.  Lets see where the chips fall in the off season free agency and manager changes before we make any big predictions.  Only one I can say is a rematch is certainly possible.  The Indians are dangerous.  If my boys can somehow go out and get two quality starters we could be dangerous too  But its months away from knowing any lineups for 2018.  Go BILLs.  And Go Rams and Blues also.

A local sports radio guy believes a trade that makes sense to him is Machado for Stanton.  It might be the only guy I would not be kicking and screaming if we did trade him.   Not sure how old Stanton is but he would hit 55 HRs in Baltimore.

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I put the blame right on Roberts shoulders.  How the hell does he not start Kershaw?  He killed them before the first pitch.

I didn't get that either. A bonehead move for sure. Kershaw was too little, too late.

Congratulations to the city of Houston! It makes for a better story that the Astros won. I lost a bet to a Houston friend that I don't mind paying off.

I just couldn't post the night of the game. It basically would have been:

Fuck fuck fuck Dave Roberts fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck Yu Darvish fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck Cory Seager fuck fuck fuck fuck Dave Roberts...

The Dodgers played great for six games. I didn't recognize the team that showed up for Game 7. This loss will hang around Dave Roberts neck like an albatross. You don't start Yu Darvish when you have Alex Wood available on normal rest and Clayton Kershaw on short rest. You certainly don't bring Yu back in the second inning when it was obvious that Yu had nothing in the first inning. Yu pitched scared this entire World Series. And you certainly don't have Yu pitch to the Astros hottest hitter, George Springer, after Yu has put more men on base in the second inning. So many brain-farts by Dave Roberts this World Series.

Oh well...wait 'til next year. It'll be interesting who gets Joe Girardi. Dodgers? Angels? Baltimore?

Goodbye baseball. See ya' next year.

On 11/4/2017 at 3:43 AM, redrum said:

TO LIVE & DIE IN L.A..jpg

You sure that is not San Fran?  They will not catch the Dodgers in a year given how much the Dodgers won that division by.  I am wondering if Roberts will survive this?  Would he have gotten the axe already?   I guess its hard to fire a manager that won so many games and lost such a tough game as game 5.  Game 5 really decided the series and so too his dumb ass decision to start Darvish who no doubt has played his last game as a Dodger

8 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You sure that is not San Fran?  They will not catch the Dodgers in a year given how much the Dodgers won that division by.  I am wondering if Roberts will survive this?  Would he have gotten the axe already?   I guess its hard to fire a manager that won so many games and lost such a tough game as game 5.  Game 5 really decided the series and so too his dumb ass decision to start Darvish who no doubt has played his last game as a Dodger

It's L.A. That old pointed building on the left and all the palm trees. Not many palm trees in SF except on Dolores St.

20 hours ago, redrum said:

It's L.A. That old pointed building on the left and all the palm trees. Not many palm trees in SF except on Dolores St.

Yes  I was not being serious.  I know damn well what it  is.  And I  know damn well the Giants will not beat the Dodgers next year.  Not unless major free agency deals fall in their favor.  I am going to wait until after the holidays when the real FA action picks up.  See what Duquette does? Well this is the last I am thinking of baseball for a while.  My football teams finally have hope.  Bills and Rams

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Yes  I was not being serious.  I know damn well what it  is.  And I  know damn well the Giants will not beat the Dodgers next year.  Not unless major free agency deals fall in their favor.  I am going to wait until after the holidays when the real FA action picks up.  See what Duquette does? Well this is the last I am thinking of baseball for a while.  My football teams finally have hope.  Bills and Rams

SF teams are in a parallel universe.

GO RAMS!!!

Goddamn Raider receivers had more drops last night than my cellphone going through the Los Feliz hills. Cooper and Crabtree were an embarrassment. Raiders should have won that game by 17 points at least.

Then, after that game we watched the Seahawks vs. Taters game on the Tivo. Only ebk could be happy with that result. Brenda Walsh should have been fired on the spot missing all those field goals. Plug ugly game all-around...one of the worst I have seen Seattle play in the Pete Carroll era. No running game. Pathetic offensive line. Their one play on offense is Russell Wilson running for his life.

On 11/6/2017 at 12:31 PM, Strider said:

You hate the Dodgers yet root for the Lambs? What's the deal?

Only because I want them to win the division over the Seahawks. Otherwise, I'm a confirmed Ram hater too. :lol:

On 11/8/2017 at 3:33 PM, redrum said:

Only because I want them to win the division over the Seahawks. Otherwise, I'm a confirmed Ram hater too. :lol:

Well they are good.  Big game coming up at Minnesota.  They also get New Orleans and Philly soon.  They win one or two of those and then they will get some respect.  The win in Dallas was an impressive one early on.  They have not just been winning, they are kicking ass.  Its sad to see Houston sitting in last when you know they are the best team in that lousy division, and losing their QB Watson did them in.  Jacksonville and that asshole Marone, worst 6-3 team I have ever seen.  Now they get Cleveland.  I am picking the Browns to win their first game

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to Jack Morris & Alan Trammell on their Hall of Fame selections !  A well-deserved honor for both.  

Trammell & Whitaker played a long time, and it's easy to forget how good they were for the 1st 10 years of their career.

Jack Morris had 175 complete games.  He won more games and pitched more innings than anyone in the 80's, and his playoff and World Series performances were top-notch.  I remember his early days of being Mt. Morris, and yelling at Sparky when he came to the mound..."What the hell are you doing out here ?" :lol:   

Archived