2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

4 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Congrats to Jack Morris & Alan Trammell on their Hall of Fame selections !  A well-deserved honor for both.  

Trammell & Whitaker played a long time, and it's easy to forget how good they were for the 1st 10 years of their career.

Jack Morris had 175 complete games.  He won more games and pitched more innings than anyone in the 80's, and his playoff and World Series performances were top-notch.  I remember his early days of being Mt. Morris, and yelling at Sparky when he came to the mound..."What the hell are you doing out here ?" :lol:   

I can't believe it took this long for Jack Morris! 😮

Anybody see Rafael Palmiero trying to weasel his way back into baseball? Claiming he can still play at 53! Ha..what a delusional fool. It's only so he can extend his Hall of Fame eligibility. 

6 hours ago, Strider said:

I can't believe it took this long for Jack Morris! 😮

Anybody see Rafael Palmiero trying to weasel his way back into baseball? Claiming he can still play at 53! Ha..what a delusional fool. It's only so he can extend his Hall of Fame eligibility. 

I think he's hoping that if he can extend his eligibility, people will forget about PEDs...  good luck there.

And I agree about Morris - and Trammel.  Glad they finally got in!

10 hours ago, Strider said:

With an assist from Derek Jeter of the Marlins.

That filthy bastard should be hung on the streets of South Beach.  I used to like him. Now he has created a farm team for he stinking thieving bastard Yankees.  Now they will try and unload the ex Red Sox outfielder Jacoby.   Then come after the O's for Machado

On 12/12/2017 at 7:40 PM, Walter said:

He is forever part of The Empire after all....  No matter who is paying him (less😉).  

He is supposed to put the Marlins first.  Is he?  As for all this Machado talk, its pretty bad when a small market team like mine is forced to deal a guy like this?  If that happens.  I think Duquette is going to see if he can get two good starters without trading him first.  If not, the White Sox are now in the lead.  But it appears if they do not get quite enough that the White Sox could then trade him to the Yankees for more as suggested by a CBS writer. I say no way.  If the White Sox pull the trigger its going to cost them big and they are wiser to keep him given all the young talent they have.  I am picking them to win the Central, I will say that right now.  Or at least get a WC.  I just hate the thought of the O's trading Machado

Archived