2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

35 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Dont check the St Louis score.  It will ruin your night

It did not ruin my night but you are correct.  The Cardinals are off to a not so good start, however I am not to concerned at this time. 

6 hours ago, ebk said:

Good.  I hope it ruins his smug night.

Well said, ebk.  

Have you forgettin when I said that I hoped that you were safe (and I meant it) when your city of Baltimore was rioting and up in flames?  If you don't remember I can always remind you and the rest of the forum.  I can repost what I said from that year.

If you have the audacity to call me out, (on a post that was not even directed towards you), I can reciprocate.  

I have no ill will with you but I can be just as ruthless.  

Confidant I may be, but smug I am not.  Your call.

Please reply.

Andrew Romine hits an unlikely grand slam for the Tigers and his reward is a league drug test immediately after the game.  The Red Sox were so beaten up by the flu that the Detroit press refused to enter their clubhouse, and the Twins wouldn't enter for the next series until it was completely sterilized.  Miggy has one hit to his name in 8 games, yet the Tigers are still off to a 6-2 start.   You have to like the Red Sox' rotation once Price returns, and I'll bet in the end that Porcello has a better year than Sale or Price.  The Twins are improved, but there's still lots of holes on their roster.  It may be early, but a weekend series with the Indians is just as important now as in September.  It sure is nice having these afternoon games on tv early in the season.          

14 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Andrew Romine hits an unlikely grand slam for the Tigers and his reward is a league drug test immediately after the game.  The Red Sox were so beaten up by the flu that the Detroit press refused to enter their clubhouse, and the Twins wouldn't enter for the next series until it was completely sterilized.  Miggy has one hit to his name in 8 games, yet the Tigers are still off to a 6-2 start.   You have to like the Red Sox' rotation once Price returns, and I'll bet in the end that Porcello has a better year than Sale or Price.  The Twins are improved, but there's still lots of holes on their roster.  It may be early, but a weekend series with the Indians is just as important now as in September.  It sure is nice having these afternoon games on tv early in the season.          

The Indians did a number on you guys last year.  We shall see how it goes.  I am inclined to take Cleveland tomorrow.  But thanks for beating Boston.  Do not be so fast to jump on their bandwagon.  We will have a say in this I assure you.  

Yo King.  I am a Cardinals fan this coming weekend big time  I cannot believe they are underdogs with Wacha tomorrow just because Tanaka is pitching.  I am taking St Louis. Have you guys ever faced Tanaka?  Good luck.  

21 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Yo King.  I am a Cardinals fan this coming weekend big time  I cannot believe they are underdogs with Wacha tomorrow just because Tanaka is pitching.  I am taking St Louis. Have you guys ever faced Tanaka?  Good luck.  

Thanks.  I don't know if the Cardinals have ever faced him.  I do know that a long beloved Saint Louis Cardinal, Matt Holliday, is now a New York Yankee.  If the Cardinals can sweep the Yankees, they would be an even 6-6.  For yours, mine and the Cardinals sake, lets hope that that does happen. 

12 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Thanks.  I don't know if the Cardinals have ever faced him.  I do know that a long beloved Saint Louis Cardinal, Matt Holliday, is now a New York Yankee.  If the Cardinals can sweep the Yankees, they would be an even 6-6.  For yours, mine and the Cardinals sake, lets hope that that does happen. 

I agree totally.  Holiday is one of their best players.  The Atlanta Braves open their new park tonight vs the Padres.  Suntrust Park I think.  Quite a park

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I agree totally.  Holiday is one of their best players.  The Atlanta Braves open their new park tonight vs the Padres.  Suntrust Park I think.  Quite a park

A totally unnecessary park, paid for by taxpayer dollars to line the rich guys' pockets.  All it will bring is traffic.  What a boondoggle.  I have 4 more ballparks to visit and I'll have been to all the parks in use since I started watching baseball in person in the 70s.  I'll never go to this park. 

3 hours ago, ebk said:

A totally unnecessary park, paid for by taxpayer dollars to line the rich guys' pockets.  All it will bring is traffic.  What a boondoggle.  I have 4 more ballparks to visit and I'll have been to all the parks in use since I started watching baseball in person in the 70s.  I'll never go to this park. 

Who is smug now?  Me or you?  I wished you good tidings when your city was on Fire a couple of years ago.  The city of Baltimore.  I think that you have to think of what you post before you actually post a "smug" comment. 

I could care less of what you think of Me, but I am an honest and one of the easiest going and nicest person that you (or anyone) could ever meet. 

You, on the other hand, seem to be the exact opposite of a nice and kind person.  Wicked and Evil comes to mind.  Think on that  you Baltimorian. 

Again, I  do not expect a reply from you, but I would  welcome one.  Again your call.  

JUST remember a No COMMENT Iis more than a incriminating  comment.

9 hours ago, ebk said:

Now now Esther, is that really necessary to beat up on this proud franchise that happens to be my second favorite team along with the Dodgers.  Its there, its done, so just go!!!!!!  LOl.  How about our boys?  First place.  I am a bit nervous with this guy starting today but no less than when that sack of shit Jiminez starts.  He has to go.  I do not know what else Buck needs to see?

As for you King, good start last night and then the damn punk ass Yankees tied it in the bottom of the first after a beauty by Carpenter that I watched live on TV.  Carpenter is some player.  I hope they beat Sabathia.  I think they will.  The Cardinals are smart and will not be fooled by that bullshit the old man throws around the corners.  They can slap those into the outfield for hits I am hoping.  Lets hope they win today.  They almost pulled it out last night.  And against Chapman.  Once you get him deep in his pitch count he is a harmless bumble

11 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Who is smug now?  Me or you?  I wished you good tidings when your city was on Fire a couple of years ago.  The city of Baltimore.  I think that you have to think of what you post before you actually post a "smug" comment. 

I could care less of what you think of Me, but I am an honest and one of the easiest going and nicest person that you (or anyone) could ever meet. 

You, on the other hand, seem to be the exact opposite of a nice and kind person.  Wicked and Evil comes to mind.  Think on that  you Baltimorian. 

Again, I  do not expect a reply from you, but I would  welcome one.  Again your call.  

Oh my god - thank you!  I was wondering why no one liked me.  And now I know it's because I'm Wicked and Evil - and a Baltimoron!!!  Whew...  It's really good to have insight into what's going on in my life.

What a nice, easy going guy you are!!!!!!  And so thoughtful!!!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, kingzoso said:

What in tarnation are you droning on about? How was ebk's post "smug"? "Wicked and evil"? Simply because ebk believes there are more important matters to use taxpayers' money for than building rich owners new playpens to get even more filthy rich?

By the way...we know you've seen "The Song Remains the Same" a thousand times. We get it. But stop with that stupid quote. Enough is enough.

This kid Asher pitching great so far.  Good to see.  Maybe he can keep Jimnez from ever taking the mound again?  The Cardinals are not helping.  But they were robbed in the corner on a surprising good play by , oh whats his name for the Yankees?  He looks like Wimpy.  and Sabaathia needs some new pajamas. 

Cardinals defense is horrible right now.  Errorrs in the infield and by Molina

Buck Showalter sometimes just is baffling to me.  Why in the hell does he leave Tyler Wilson in when he has Brad Brach warmed up?  After all the work to tie it. We get the best start of the year from Asher who pitched out of his mind.  We do not reward him with any runs.  One pitch and HR walk off because Tyler Wilson needs a long bus ride to Norfolk.  Fucker

The Cardinals suck cock.  Infield is a joke and so is Molina. 

9 hours ago, Strider said:

What in tarnation are you droning on about? How was ebk's post "smug"? "Wicked and evil"? Simply because ebk believes there are more important matters to use taxpayers' money for than building rich owners new playpens to get even more filthy rich?

By the way...we know you've seen "The Song Remains the Same" a thousand times. We get it. But stop with that stupid quote. Enough is enough.

:bravo: 

What a bizarre statement by him...and that's saying something!  

10 hours ago, ebk said:

Oh my god - thank you!  I was wondering why no one liked me.  And now I know it's because I'm Wicked and Evil - and a Baltimoron!!!  Whew...  It's really good to have insight into what's going on in my life.

What a nice, easy going guy you are!!!!!!  And so thoughtful!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE wicked and evil!  My favorite combo!  You're the best, ebk!  ?

I agree about Atlanta, billionaires getting welfare.

Archived