Alpha & Omega 7CD Box - Magic Bus

rstarless

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has this 7CD box as i wanted to know what source is used for the Oakland 24th show. Doesn't seem to be any reviews anywhere on this.  Is it "source 1" for the main tape as per the original Vinyl and i think IQ used the same tape for the 2CD "Push ! Push!"

Cheers

RS

This title is great IMO. The 23rd Oakland is a three source mix and it uses the oldest aka 1st aud tape as bsic source and two other sources for missing parts in the root tape. The quality is better than IQ. The 24th is the same. The quality is much better than IQ and others. The 1st aud tape is well balanced, free of clipping and mixes between all 3 sources are done in a very fashionable way sometimes it's hard to determine which source is used (I am reffering to the oldest source and the source used on "The Last Ever Show in the States" by Missing Link if my memory tells the true LOL). Ohh, do not forget the Gonzaga. They did a great job and utilized a much better (more natural) transfer for the show. EV version is one of a hell shit when compared with this new one. The very start of Train Kept A Rollin' as well as the very end of Pat's Delight is completed by a different transfer, which isn't as bright as main source but it looks like the basic tape is shorter.

Archived