football

craigled

17 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

This weekend - Ottawa Fury FC vs St Louis - looking forward to this one

I did not realize Ottawa had an MLS team?  No, I looked it up. You are in the same league the Rochester Rhino's are in.  Our team that was supposed to join the MLS.  They certainly could have outdrawn any team in this league or the MLS.  They have Buffalo to the West and Syracuse to the East also.  Since they did not I do not follow.  i saw them play the Chicago Fire years ago.  When they first came in they were very good.  Rochester used to have a team called the Lancers that played Pele's Cosmos for the then biggest championship in US soccer.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

2 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

We have defeated MLS teams - in fact when we were in the NASL we were known as the top 2 in a questionable loss to the Cosmos 

Well so have the Rhino's and I saw them beat the Fire one night back when the Fire were good.  Not sure how good they are now.  I follow only the Premier League  I am disgusted with the liars here.  They tell us we are going to the MLS and they build  new stadium for soccer only, and they remain in the league you guys are in.

Well thank goodness we have some premier league action back this weekend.  My picks are the Everton and Tottenham game over 2 1/2 goals.  MU-1, and may take Southampton once.  Also like the Leicester City and Chelsea game over.  I may take a stab with LC at plus a half.  The Vegas odds love that game to be a draw.  I have never seen a draw at minus odds.  This is favored to be a draw, respect for Leicester City I would say.  I wonder if CP will finally break through?  Likely not and not with my money.   Might be a good chance of a draw of Everton and Tottenham.  Both of these teams can score. I like Tottenham.  But Vardy plays for Leicester City  

8 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well thank goodness we have some premier league action back this weekend.  My picks are the Everton and Tottenham game over 2 1/2 goals.  MU-1, and may take Southampton once.  Also like the Leicester City and Chelsea game over.  I may take a stab with LC at plus a half.  The Vegas odds love that game to be a draw.  I have never seen a draw at minus odds.  This is favored to be a draw, respect for Leicester City I would say.  I wonder if CP will finally break through?  Likely not and not with my money.   Might be a good chance of a draw of Everton and Tottenham.  Both of these teams can score. I like Tottenham.  But Vardy plays for Leicester City  

Rick. I don't understand a word you are saying ! What is 2 1/2 goals? MU -1? Draw minus odds and will I finally break through?

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Rick. I don't understand a word you are saying ! What is 2 1/2 goals? MU -1? Draw minus odds and will I finally break through?

I Googled "Vegas Odds" all things now explained (in a fashion), I also thought Rick was wondering if you would come through, then I realised he was talking about Crystal Palace..

15 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

2 1/2 is the over and under number.  I believe Everton and Tottenham will be over 2 1/2.  We will see.  MU is Manchester United for Gods sake.  -1 means if you bet them you must lay a goal.

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

2 1/2 is the over and under number.  I believe Everton and Tottenham will be over 2 1/2.  We will see.  MU is Manchester United for Gods sake.  -1 means if you bet them you must lay a goal.

:wall:. MU is Manchester United ??? Do you not think I don't know that? It's my home city for fucks sake ! 

17 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

:wall:. MU is Manchester United ??? Do you not think I don't know that? It's my home city for fucks sake ! 

Well you said you did not understand a thing I said.  So I guess I did not interpret you correctly.  Anyway, your team is the team to beat.  I think they are better than City even though the pre season rankings rated City just slightly higher.  Everton and Tottenham are the kind of teams America would like. They score goals.  They do not put you to sleep. Nor does Leicester City.  When I first followed the premier league I kind of took to Chelsea but now I think I am a Leicester City fan.  Since I do not live in England  I can not relate them to the area's they represent so not sure who the 'good guys" or the "bad guys" are?    For lack of a better term.  I am guessing that Manchester United have always been the biggest name in British soccer.  They are mentioned in movies often and are kind of like the Yankees of British soccer in a way.  I hope they are not the thieves the Yankees are?  IE, they rob other teams of players that were developed there and just wave their money and steal them.  Now that their commander and thief has passed on, RIP, maybe they will be more decent, but I will not hold my breath.  I am kind of surprised MU is only favored by a half a goal this weekend over Leicester City?  Vegas is giving LC respect.  I am pulling for the upset

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:57 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Everton and Tottenham are the kind of teams America would like. They score goals.  They do not put you to sleep.

Spoken like a man who has never seen an Everton game in his life.

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Well I have and I am not surprised that Tottenham won but I am surprised they shut them out.  MU and MC are on a collision course it would seem.  I do not know if anyone is in their class?  MC did a number on Liverpool.  

20 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well I have and I am not surprised that Tottenham won but I am surprised they shut them out.  MU and MC are on a collision course it would seem.  I do not know if anyone is in their class?  MC did a number on Liverpool.  

It's four games into the season, I would give it until December before we start looking at who is going to win the league, Man Utd started at a canter last season & finished 6th.

9 hours ago, Mook said:

It's four games into the season, I would give it until December before we start looking at who is going to win the league, Man Utd started at a canter last season & finished 6th.

Man City is the favorite slightly over MU.  I personally think it MU is more consistent but i will hope LC surprises again.  Maybe Tottenham has a shot?  

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Man City is the favorite slightly over MU.  I personally think it MU is more consistent but i will hope LC surprises again.  Maybe Tottenham has a shot?  

Can't see Spurs winning the league & Leicester are more likely to get relegated.

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Leicester will never rise to the heady heights of the other year and Man U will win the league. City got 5 over a pretty poor team and they were down to 10 men. 

9 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Leicester will never rise to the heady heights of the other year and Man U will win the league. City got 5 over a pretty poor team and they were down to 10 men. 

Such a poor team that Man Utd haven't beaten them in their last four attempts & managed to finish seven points behind them in May?

23 hours ago, Mook said:

Ha! I just spat out my coffee. Everton! Jesus Christ. I'm from the red half of the city. As Shankley said "if Everton were playing in my garden I'd draw the blinds"

25 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Can't wait for the return at anfield 

44 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

That was last season - we are far better a team this season. 

Yes, the 2-2 draw with Stoke was frightening stuff, I hear Real Madrid are thinking of pulling out of the Champions League after seeing that.