football

craigled

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I sure cleaned up with my picks on the World Cup friendly match's topped off with the "gift" of Mexico minus a half vs Iceland.  How in the devil does anyone think Iceland can hang with Mexico?  3-0.  I am going to take a light shot on Mexico vs Germany in the opener in June

Ummm...Iceland is a very good team. They knocked England out of the Euro Championship 2 years ago and got all the way to the quarterfinals in that tournament. I agree that Mexico will probably win, but no way 3-0. This Mexico team is not one of their especially strong ones.

On 3/25/2018 at 11:09 PM, ForEvermore said:

Ummm...Iceland is a very good team. They knocked England out of the Euro Championship 2 years ago and got all the way to the quarterfinals in that tournament. I agree that Mexico will probably win, but no way 3-0. This Mexico team is not one of their especially strong ones.

Sorry.  3-0.  Bring on Germany.  England were robbed blind in that game vs Italy as I watched from my hospital bed.  Bullshit penalty shot awarded with 3 minutes left.  What an acting job by the guinea diver.  Never was touched.  Are they blind?

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Sorry.  3-0.  Bring on Germany.  England were robbed blind in that game vs Italy as I watched from my hospital bed.  Bullshit penalty shot awarded with 3 minutes left.  What an acting job by the guinea diver.  Never was touched.  Are they blind?

That is a very good result for Mexico - they must have improved greatly since last summer and/or Iceland had a poor game.  (Obviously, I didn't see it.)

I hope you feel better soon.

2 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

That is a very good result for Mexico - they must have improved greatly since last summer and/or Iceland had a poor game.  (Obviously, I didn't see it.)

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks.  I believe Germany are overated.  Mexico is underated.  Spain did a number on Argentina.  I guess once again Argentina are over rated also

8 hours ago, Strider said:

Eat it, Man City! 

d6fnv5-2.thumb.jpeg.d6f4d82a6f61f156f7b10fd9de250198.jpeg

Great night at Anfield last night, the road to big ears is on (big ears, the nick name of the trophy Liverpool are aiming for, the one they have already won FIVE times.

City though should not be under estimated, anything can happen next Tuesday at the (usually) Emptyhad. Bring it on. 

One sour note though, the disappointing behaviour of a tiny minority of "fans" attacking the City team bus, lets hope these morons are identified, fined and banned for life.

Anyway, come on Liverpool....

Edited by JTM

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Great night at Anfield last night, the road to big ears is on (big ears, the nick name of the trophy Liverpool are aiming for, the one they have already won FIVE times.

City though should not be under estimated, anything can happen next Tuesday at the (usually) Emptyhad. Bring it on. 

One sour note though, the disappointing behaviour of a tiny minority of "fans" attacking the City team bus, lets hope these morons are identified, fined and banned for life.

Did the bus retain it's hub caps? ;)

1 hour ago, JTM said:

We have to be careful. If they get an early goal it’s game on

36 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

We have to be careful. If they get an early goal it’s game on

True, but if Liverpool score one goal City will have to score five, tough climb for Citeh, (a four nil win) but you never know..

44 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Did the bus retain it's hub caps? ;)

Of course not :)

42 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

We'll never hear the last of it.

Don't be too smug boys - City won't play badly twice. 

I worked with a guy who supported UTD, after UTD had won something like twelve league titles he said they would soon overtake Liverpool's record, I laughed so when they did he laughed also, just a little bit louder.. 

Yes CP, you are right, Citeh will be all out to get the 4-0 they need..

On 4/5/2018 at 7:37 AM, chillumpuffer said:

We'll never hear the last of it.

Don't be too smug boys - City won't play badly twice. 

Dont forget the World Cup pool pal.  The fields and groups are set.  Germany vs Mexico is one first match that is very intriguing to me.  I believe Mexico could beat them

22 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Yes.  I cannot see them beating MC.  No way.

Well beating them for a third time is a big ask, tonight's the night so we shall see. Come on Liverpool (or as you statesiders say "Go Liverpool"

4 hours ago, JTM said:

Well beating them for a third time is a big ask, tonight's the night so we shall see. Come on Liverpool (or as you statesiders say "Go Liverpool"

Should be a classic. Alas I won't be watching as both teams are usually "out of focus" on my telly;)

Oh yes, there is the goal Liverpool needed, City now need to score Four more goals to win this match as it stands. With half an hour to go it’s not going to happen.

Edited by JTM

5 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Congrats to Liverpool. Great second half. 

And Barca's out, that's even better - Grazie Roma!!!!!  Fantastic game, great tweet!!!

Bye bye Messi! 

When do we find out The Red's semifinal opponent? I can't seem to find the draw.