Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
craigled

football

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Strider said:

Alas, the ugly side of England winning. Of course, I know chillumpuffer and JTM are too intelligent and classy to be among these yobs.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/38595407/england-fans-damage-ambulance-set-record-for-emergency-calls

 

 

 

I could feel my blood boiling when I saw this on The BBC news page, there is absolutely no need for this sort of mindless moronic behaviour. 

Should England reach the final I shall be watching from the comfort of my living room. My worst nightmare would be to be in a crowd of obnoxious drunks spraying beer around every time England get the ball, so I'll be staying away from outdoor big screen events. I don't drink so it'll be  a few fat ones for me feet up on the sofa..

Edited by JTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The timing sucks for the semifinals. 11am means I'll be at work and will have to watch the replay or highlights after work.

At least when the match was 7am PST I could watch it before going to work. The Cup Final is on Sunday so if England makes it that far, I'll be able to watch it at the local English pub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018 at 11:24 PM, Strider said:

Alas, the ugly side of England winning. Of course, I know chillumpuffer and JTM are too intelligent and classy to be among these yobs.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/38595407/england-fans-damage-ambulance-set-record-for-emergency-calls

 

 

 

See the word "Alcohol" crops up as a cause for the problems. Never do you read that crowds of people high on cannabis caused widespread damage. We will be at home with a bowl of chilli and like JTM, a nice fat one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Mick Jagger sighting.  He is in stands for this game.  No doubt waiting for England tomorrow.  Surprised he is taking in both.  In press box of the Belgium and France game.  

Dirty, filthy stinking French!!! Sucked out.  Outplayed.  Belgium robbed blind by goaltender.  Then the bastards delay the game with mickey mouse shit.  

The media seem to think France is the big favorite.  I am not buying it.  England needs to take care of business tomorrow and then quiet the rest of the media and show them.  France was the winner due to their goalie who made some spectacular saves and the biggest in the first half on one that was going in for sure and a diving two handed gem.  I believe Belgium carried the play for most of the day. They did not get a crucial call that the announcers conceded was a penalty.  They had another great shot stopped on a set piece and France can thank their goalie.   Belgium's goalie played very well too but had no chance on the winning goal.  Lets go England!!!!!  A very good and young English team, and can they beat France? I say yes.  But first things first. I believe they must beat Croatia up high on headers.  Croatia is supposed to be pretty beat up from the last game?  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shit I'm getting nervous. 4 hrs to kick off. Edge of the seat stuff. Lord knows how the players are feeling. At least I can have a few glasses of red and a joint whilst watching the game.

Come on lads one more push and we can taste it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Shit I'm getting nervous. 4 hrs to kick off. Edge of the seat stuff. Lord knows how the players are feeling. At least I can have a few glasses of red and a joint whilst watching the game.

Come on lads one more push and we can taste it.

I have a feeling Sterling will score.   His control of the play is important even if he does not get the goals.  But they have to use their height advantage to hopefully hammer in some headers.  3-1  England

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walker is a sack of pure shit.  Killed England .  Bastard.  Why didn't the coach see the damage he was doing and pull his sorry ass?  And I would have put Jamie Vardy in far earlier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the fuck happened to England in the second half? It's like they forgot everything about football. They couldn't possess, they couldn't pass, they couldn't defend, they couldn't shoot. The Croatian goalkeeper was the loneliest man out there...he could have knitted a tea-cozy.

England's lucky it wasn't 3-1 Croatia, as many times as England's defenders failed to clear the ball properly and give Croatia goal chances and Pickford a heart attack. 

Of course, they assigned a ref who had a history of tossing England players to the match, and he was blind to much of Croatia's tactics. That the flopping and dirty play gets rewarded sullies the whole competition. Mendovic (or whatever his name is...the Ivan Lendl-looking fellow who scored the game-winner) spent much of the last 10 minutes acting like he couldn't walk, refusing the English players' offer to help him up, and generally acting like a baby. The second the match is over he is running down the pitch and launching into a belly-slide. Yeah sure, your poor legs. :rolleyes:

How can anyone take a championship seriously when antics like these determine the results. What happened to sporting honour and fair play?

If that was my dad, I would be embarrassed and shamed that he could only win by such histrionics and fakery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are my two major complaints about the sport, Strider... flopping and refs who obviously have an axe to grind or are on the take.  I really don’t care about the finale at this point. England’s goalie was easily their mvp yesterday. So many opportunities for Croatia to score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Strider said:

What the fuck happened to England in the second half? It's like they forgot everything about football. They couldn't possess, they couldn't pass, they couldn't defend, they couldn't shoot. The Croatian goalkeeper was the loneliest man out there...he could have knitted a tea-cozy.

England's lucky it wasn't 3-1 Croatia, as many times as England's defenders failed to clear the ball properly and give Croatia goal chances and Pickford a heart attack. 

Of course, they assigned a ref who had a history of tossing England players to the match, and he was blind to much of Croatia's tactics. That the flopping and dirty play gets rewarded sullies the whole competition. Mendovic (or whatever his name is...the Ivan Lendl-looking fellow who scored the game-winner) spent much of the last 10 minutes acting like he couldn't walk, refusing the English players' offer to help him up, and generally acting like a baby. The second the match is over he is running down the pitch and launching into a belly-slide. Yeah sure, your poor legs. :rolleyes:

How can anyone take a championship seriously when antics like these determine the results. What happened to sporting honour and fair play?

If that was my dad, I would be embarrassed and shamed that he could only win by such histrionics and fakery.

Agree.  But I tell you Lingard is the one that had the game on his foot in the first half.  A chance to go up 2-0 and he miss's.  Then Walker proceeded to kill them on both goals.  He was horrible in the second half.  But all the faking is correct and the refs just as guilty for not putting a stop to it.  To me Croatia and France are both dirty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walter said:

Those are my two major complaints about the sport, Strider... flopping and refs who obviously have an axe to grind or are on the take.  I really don’t care about the finale at this point. England’s goalie was easily their mvp yesterday. So many opportunities for Croatia to score.

I agree, I do not care one rats ass about the final.  I wonder if England or Belgium even care to play this third place game?  Can you imagine that in the NFL? I mean, you just lost the AFC title game lets say, and you have to go out and play the loser of the NFC title game?  Wow.  Talk about a bunch of players that will not care!!!  But it might be the equivalent of skate and shoot in an NHL all star game?  Will they tackle?  I have a bet that Kane will win that golden boot and I think he has it locked up now?  I do not agree with you about Pickford being the star and Croatia having so many chances.  What about Englands chances that did not go in?  Like Kane right in front of the goal and tried to pass over to Lingard?  That sack of shit Lingard who had the ball that would have made it 2-0.  He missed.  Could have put it in the left side easily.  1-0 is never a safe lead.  Why did they seem to think it was?  They had several chances to go up 2-0 but to me none better than Lingard's.  And then the defender,  Walker proceeded to stick it up our ass's.  Walker was horrible.  I just knew he was going to give them the tying goal.  He would have been better to take the penalty on the second goal and at least give Pickford a fighing chance?  England had the taller guys and did not take advantage.  McGuire missed his chance to bury one too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I agree, I do not care one rats ass about the final.  I wonder if England or Belgium even care to play this third place game?  Can you imagine that in the NFL? I mean, you just lost the AFC title game lets say, and you have to go out and play the loser of the NFC title game?  Wow.  Talk about a bunch of players that will not care!!!  But it might be the equivalent of skate and shoot in an NHL all star game?  Will they tackle?  I have a bet that Kane will win that golden boot and I think he has it locked up now?  I do not agree with you about Pickford being the star and Croatia having so many chances.  What about Englands chances that did not go in?  Like Kane right in front of the goal and tried to pass over to Lingard?  That sack of shit Lingard who had the ball that would have made it 2-0.  He missed.  Could have put it in the left side easily.  1-0 is never a safe lead.  Why did they seem to think it was?  They had several chances to go up 2-0 but to me none better than Lingard's.  And then the defender,  Walker proceeded to stick it up our ass's.  Walker was horrible.  I just knew he was going to give them the tying goal.  He would have been better to take the penalty on the second goal and at least give Pickford a fighing chance?  England had the taller guys and did not take advantage.  McGuire missed his chance to bury one too.

Look at the stats Rick, Croatia double them on shots and over tripled them with shots on target...

90DBB010-DCE9-481D-993A-FBFFB48315FF.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Walter said:

Look at the stats Rick, Croatia double them on shots and over tripled them with shots on target...

90DBB010-DCE9-481D-993A-FBFFB48315FF.png

I think they thought the 1-0 lead would hold up like it did for France and Belgium was far more dangerous then Croatia. They should have put them away when Lingard had the shot at the top of the box and nobody was in his way.  Kane just missed also.  They were not as good as they had been the entire tournament and I do not have a clue why.  I wish they had put Vardy in far earlier.  That guy is a killer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I think they thought the 1-0 lead would hold up like it did for France and Belgium was far more dangerous then Croatia. They should have put them away when Lingard had the shot at the top of the box and nobody was in his way.  Kane just missed also.  They were not as good as they had been the entire tournament and I do not have a clue why.  I wish they had put Vardy in far earlier.  That guy is a killer.

If Vardy is as good as you think he is he would have been in the starting line up every game. He obviously didn't fit in with manager (coach) Southgate's plan. I think he might shine in the 3rd/4th place play off, good chance he'll get a start in that game, the obligatory game nobody wants to play in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTM said:

If Vardy is as good as you think he is he would have been in the starting line up every game. He obviously didn't fit in with manager (coach) Southgate's plan. I think he might shine in the 3rd/4th place play off, good chance he'll get a start in that game, the obligatory game nobody wants to play in.

....... or watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

....... or watch

If it was on The BBC I might have taken a look, but it's on itv. As I have a outright hatred of commercial TV I will not be watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JTM said:

If it was on The BBC I might have taken a look, but it's on itv. As I have a outright hatred of commercial TV I will not be watching.

Neither will I. Clive Tyldesley and Glenn Hoddle !! Fuck that. I'll be on the golf course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Neither will I. Clive Tyldesley and Glenn Hoddle !! Fuck that. I'll be on the golf course

It has been tough having to watch live commercial TV this WC (we usually record advert TV to watch later). If I ever have to watch another Ray Winstone Fred Bet "Gerrrrmbalin'' advert again I'll put a brick through the TV (metaphorically of course)… Enjoy your afternoon on the Green(s).

Edited by JTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JTM said:

If Vardy is as good as you think he is he would have been in the starting line up every game. He obviously didn't fit in with manager (coach) Southgate's plan. I think he might shine in the 3rd/4th place play off, good chance he'll get a start in that game, the obligatory game nobody wants to play in.

Does not mean that the coach was correct to leave him out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

....... or watch

England never should have lost that game.  i do blame the coach to a degree for not recognizing the poor play of Walker and pulling his sorry ass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Does not mean that the coach was correct to leave him out.

Correct. I would have chosen Welbeck or Rashford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×