Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
craigled

football

I'll be watching Wimbledon Championship Sunday, not the World Cup.

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Correct. I would have chosen Welbeck or Rashford

You are brutal.  Anyway, there is a saying in Buffalo, NY that will stand in time and infamy forever.  Its only two words.  "WIDE RIGHT".  IT refers to Scott Norwood's famous missed Field Goal that would have given the Buffalo Bills the Super Bowl championship.  Huge in American football.  From 47 yards out, vs the NY Giants in Tampa, Florida, Super Bowl XXV (25), back in 1991, he broke the hearts of many fans, myself included.  The Bills are still the only team to go to 4 straight Super Bowls, and as good as they were to get to 4 in a row, somehow they managed to lose all 4.  WIDE RIGHT could be famous in England too.  Lingard.  Wide right. He should have buried that shot and made it 2-0 England.  Instead we have this stupid third place game.   The closest humiliation the NFL ever had to that was the champion playing the college all stars way way back.  Last time was in 1967 when Green Bay played them.  Out of sheer curiosity and boredom and knowing I will not see England play at this level again for 4 years, God willing, I might tune in?  And Jamie Vardy could have done much more than "cut the oranges" as you say.  

Can one of our fellow Brits tell me if this Leicester City vs Manchester United match is the start of a new season?  And the weekend games?  If so, why don't one of you start a new thread?  Like a 2018 season thread?

15 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Can one of our fellow Brits tell me if this Leicester City vs Manchester United match is the start of a new season?  And the weekend games?  If so, why don't one of you start a new thread?  Like a 2018 season thread?

Yes, Rick. Man Utd v Leicester is the opening game of the 2018/19 Premiership Season . I don’t think we really need a 2018 season thread this Football thread will do just fine for me.

23 hours ago, JTM said:

Yes, Rick. Man Utd v Leicester is the opening game of the 2018/19 Premiership Season . I don’t think we really need a 2018 season thread this Football thread will do just fine for me.

Oh come on.  What a kill joy!

Now you Brits need to get this right.

The lingo

Match = Game

Nil = zero

Squad = Roster

Football = Soccer.

That is today's lesson!!!      Go Leicester City

Fucking Everton/Pickford.  Could not hang on to the 2-1 lead even though they had 10 men.  Pricks.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

42 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Go Leicester City

Go Wolverhampton! Nice to see them back in the EPL. Nice draw vs Everton 2-2. Planty must be happy about that!

50 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The lingo

Match = Game

Nil = zero

Squad = Roster

Football = Soccer.

You're lecturing Brits on football terminology, Rick? That'll go over like a lead balloon. 😜

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The lingo

Match = Game

Nil = zero

Squad = Roster

Football = Soccer.

Fucking Everton/Pickford.  Could not hang on to the 2-1 lead even though they had 10 men.  Pricks.

Here is my lesson for  you Defence is one word not like your two word Dee fence, same goes for offence, one word not two like your off ence.😉

Yours

The Kill Joy 😜.

19 hours ago, JTM said:

Here is my lesson for  you Defence is one word not like your two word Dee fence, same goes for offence, one word not two like your off ence.😉

Yours

The Kill Joy 😜.

Where are you coming up with this incorrect nonsense?

Man City about to cash out for me on a 3 team parlay!!  Love the premier league

Edited by LedZeppfan1977