2016-17 NFL PLAYOFF CONTEST

Strider

Well Tomlin, the Steelers coach has already upped the game.  He has called New England a bunch of assholes.  I cant believe he did this.  Why would you give them reason for hatred?   They will be up for the game.  Worry not.  I find the AFC game too hard to pick.   If Houston can put up a fight, I love Pittsburgh with the points.  But for the W?  Tough game.  I LOVE THE FALCONS.     They have the best offense, and Green Bay has a banged up secondary with some starters out.  What do you think Matt Ryan will do this time that he already did when they beat them the last time and it meant something?

Atlanta  (the over and under is 60-biggest I have seen in pro in years)

Pittsburgh    (losing Gronkowski too much to overcome vs a quality team)

Falcons to win it all.  Matt Ryan the MVP in regular season and SB

Just now, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well Tomlin, the Steelers coach has already upped the game.  He has called New England a bunch of assholes.  I cant believe he did this.  Why would you give them reason for hatred?   They will be up for the game.  Worry not.  I find the AFC game too hard to pick.   If Houston can put up a fight, I love Pittsburgh with the points.  But for the W?  Tough game.  I LOVE THE FALCONS.     They have the best offense, and Green Bay has a banged up secondary with some starters out.  What do you think Matt Ryan will do this time that he already did when they beat them the last time and it meant something?

Atlanta  (the over and under is 60-biggest I have seen in pro in years)

Pittsburgh    (losing Gronkowski too much to overcome vs a quality team)

Falcons to win it all.  Matt Ryan the MVP in regular season and SB

Rick, you nincompoop. :P

What Tomlin said was meant only for his team to hear. It was said in the locker room when all the players were supposed to be in a group huddle. Only asshole Antonio Brown was too busy preening on his cellphone for his Facebook and his phone picked up Coach Tomlin's remarks in the background.

Stupid millennials. Put your goddamn phones and twitters and tinders and facebooks and live blogs and gameboys away. I hope the Steelers fine his stupid ass a big hunk of money and dismantle his FB account.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Rick, you nincompoop. :P

What Tomlin said was meant only for his team to hear. It was said in the locker room when all the players were supposed to be in a group huddle. Only asshole Antonio Brown was too busy preening on his cellphone for his Facebook and his phone picked up Coach Tomlin's remarks in the background.

Stupid millennials. Put your goddamn phones and twitters and tinders and facebooks and live blogs and gameboys away. I hope the Steelers fine his stupid ass a big hunk of money and dismantle his FB account.

The horse is out of the fucking barn Strider.  It matters now who let him out.  Belechick spread the word no doubt among his players like a flame crossing the  dry California fields that burnt wildly.  You cant put out the fire in a few minutes.  Can the Steelers back him up on the field?  We will see.  Game on.  And in Atlanta there is no more jinx or demons to sleigh The Falcons beat them before and will beat them again.  This time more soundly.

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The horse is out of the fucking barn Strider.  It matters now who let him out.  Belechick spread the word no doubt among his players like a flame crossing the  dry California fields that burnt wildly.  You cant put out the fire in a few minutes.  Can the Steelers back him up on the field?  We will see.  Game on.  And in Atlanta there is no more jinx or demons to sleigh The Falcons beat them before and will beat them again.  This time more soundly.

Honestly Rick.  Do you really think the Patriots need bulletin board material to get up for a game?  The Patriots??  Brady and Belichick??   They don't care.  They're professionals to the utmost.

Atlanta & New England

Thing is, both Pittsburgh and Green Bay have proven they can win on the road in front of a hostile crowd, and both have a quarterback capable of getting the job done.  If I was a professional bettor, I wouldn't touch either of these games.  That's what squares are for.

11 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Atlanta & New England

Thing is, both Pittsburgh and Green Bay have proven they can win on the road in front of a hostile crowd, and both have a quarterback capable of getting the job done.  If I was a professional bettor, I wouldn't touch either of these games.  That's what squares are for.

Oh I am touching Atlanta.  They beat them before.  Green Bay has a banged up secondary.  Matt Ryan is the real deal. Atlanta  has more of a D than Green Bay.  Why do  you think the spread is 5?  People like your will think Green Bay is a cinch.  Atlanta will shred them.  Rogers made mistakes vs Dallas.  But a rookie QB was not enough.  Ryan will be.  Julio Jones will be. The AFC game.  I am in total agreement with you

Dak had nothing to do with that loss.  A once in a lifetime catch by Jared Cook, who usually drops wide open passes as I have witnessed many times before, and a defense that couldn't muster up any kind of pass rush.  That's what lost that game for Dallas.  Dak really impressed me driving them back from 18 down.  I was already set on him before, but now there is no way to go back to Romo.  Hopefully he can be trade bait.

15 hours ago, Walter said:

Dak had nothing to do with that loss.  A once in a lifetime catch by Jared Cook, who usually drops wide open passes as I have witnessed many times before, and a defense that couldn't muster up any kind of pass rush.  That's what lost that game for Dallas.  Dak really impressed me driving them back from 18 down.  I was already set on him before, but now there is no way to go back to Romo.  Hopefully he can be trade bait.

Well I won't lie, I would like to see the Bills go for him but likely they will want too much for him and he is old as QB's go.  Dak was good but he was rattled a bit as it was his first game of that magnitude.  Ryan will not be intimidated by Green Bay at all.  And they did beat them in a very big game down there not that long ago.  Dallas should be very happy with their season.  But likely they expected far more after achieving such a record.  Who wouldn't.  I did not think Green Bay would win.  I knew they could win.  But i did not think they would be able to stop the Dallas running game.  Maybe Dallas should have ran more but when they fell so far behind, it makes it tough and you have to have incredible patience to run the ball when you are down 18 points.  Jason is not that guy.  I do like your coach very much.  Nobody ever dreamed he would wind up being the guy when he was put in as an interim coach but he did more than expected and was able to pull it off.  He has proved himself as a very good coach.  It must have been very very difficult to leave Romo on the bench.  Gut wrenching.  I am sure he is more than just a player to him.  He is no doubt a friend and to have him lose his starting job to an injury really s tough.  No I can't blame Dak.   Rogers is a bitch to stop.  Atlanta likely cannot stop him but i do believe they can outscore them.  And they have guys that can get to him. Brady must be sick of hearing how great Rogers is?  I mean, Mr Golden boy has been replaced in the spotlight.  So he will have a fire under him.  But i think the Steelers can make their lives miserable on the other side of the ball.  I do not think they can stop Bell.  We shall see.

Anyone would be rattled in their first playoff game starting at qb and being a rookie no less.  That stupid penalty by Brice Butler, entering the huddle (even though there wasn't a huddle formed and he standing behind another teammate) is a major cause of what put them behind early - IMO.  Cost them 15 yards, instead of 2nd and 5 - it became 2nd and 20, they end up punting, go down 18 with another touchdown and the uphill climb begins.  It sucks to lose to a team when you clearly are better than them and had em on the ropes, if Cook doesn't make the catch of his lifetime and converts the 3rd and long.  Oh well....

I think the Atlanta running game can take them all the way, in spite of Ryan - who normally chokes in the playoffs.  They are the team I'm rooting for at least.  Can't stand the other 3....

On 1/19/2017 at 2:10 PM, Walter said:

Anyone would be rattled in their first playoff game starting at qb and being a rookie no less.  That stupid penalty by Brice Butler, entering the huddle (even though there wasn't a huddle formed and he standing behind another teammate) is a major cause of what put them behind early - IMO.  Cost them 15 yards, instead of 2nd and 5 - it became 2nd and 20, they end up punting, go down 18 with another touchdown and the uphill climb begins.  It sucks to lose to a team when you clearly are better than them and had em on the ropes, if Cook doesn't make the catch of his lifetime and converts the 3rd and long.  Oh well....

I think the Atlanta running game can take them all the way, in spite of Ryan - who normally chokes in the playoffs.  They are the team I'm rooting for at least.  Can't stand the other 3....

I am with you there.  I want Atlanta also.  I would say Green Bay are not as good as Dallas position for position either.  Only Rogers experience and hot streak did it.   I though the Lions and Stafford should have beaten them but they always have shit coaching and that can do you in as well.  WE know that better than anyone.  Rex Ryan came in here and ruined our defense.   I believe Atlanta will get it done.  Beating the AFC champion will be a taller order than beating Green Bay and I believe Pittsburgh will be waiting for them. 

Paul's lead disappeared. Now there is a three-way tie for first place.

In addition to your pick for which team will win the Super Bowl, for tie-breaking purposes please give the total number of points you think will be scored.

The first tie-breaker will be who picks the Super Bowl winner. The second tie-breaker will be the points.

Playoff Standings

1. Mrs. W: 8-2

1. paul carruthers: 8-2

1. Walter: 8-2

2. ebk: 7-3

2. in_the_evening: 7-3

2. Strider: 7-3

2. zepscoda: 7-3

3. Bong-Man: 6-4

3. jabe: 6-4

3. Junior: 6-4

4. craigled: 5-5