New Australian member_Dane1968

Dane1968

Hello all,

Long time reader, thought I would sign up and participate. To be blunt I rarely actively participate in forums as they can degenerate into a wanking match but we all seem a civilized lot here, so why not. Yes I can be blunt but it is always the truth as I see it, I don't see the value in elevating the truth, as that is only fooling yourself.

Obviously I dig Zeppelin. I am 48 years old now, but that number seems to keep changing so that will have to do presently. Was a semi professional musician, of no note, enjoy drums, guitar and bass. Can't sing a note for shit. Write a few songs now and then. We shall see how it goes...

I say a lot of stuff in fun and humor but text does not always translate well at times.

I will state straight off, why do people keep demanding for Jimmy to keep performing? After 40 plus years he's probably over it, as reasonably would any person be in any profession. He is not our property, he is not our puppet. Leave the guy alone and enjoy what he has provided. He is under no obligation to do anything except what he wants to, when and how he wants it to be.

Thanks all.

17 hours ago, Dane1968 said:

Hello all,

Long time reader, thought I would sign up and participate. To be blunt I rarely actively participate in forums as they can degenerate into a wanking match but we all seem a civilized lot here, so why not. Yes I can be blunt but it is always the truth as I see it, I don't see the value in elevating the truth, as that is only fooling yourself.

Obviously I dig Zeppelin. I am 48 years old now, but that number seems to keep changing so that will have to do presently. Was a semi professional musician, of no note, enjoy drums, guitar and bass. Can't sing a note for shit. Write a few songs now and then. We shall see how it goes...

I say a lot of stuff in fun and humor but text does not always translate well at times.

I will state straight off, why do people keep demanding for Jimmy to keep performing? After 40 plus years he's probably over it, as reasonably would any person be in any profession. He is not our property, he is not our puppet. Leave the guy alone and enjoy what he has provided. He is under no obligation to do anything except what he wants to, when and how he wants it to be.

Thanks all.

G'day from Perth mate. And welcome 

• 2 weeks later...

The thing I like most about Australia is the easy going, 'we are all friends here', atmosphere. Especially to foreign travelers. We like to extend welcoming open arms to everybody.

To Aussie "Slave to Zep" : that's a sexy avatar photo you have.  Evster looks kind of ok, rocking in his 90's cut-off jeans with the double neck.

The thing I like least about Australia is the horrendous lazy accent, lack of speaking ability, and the bogans, and there are many that hang around like a plague. For the international traveler, a 'bogan' is what we call, in your language; home grown white trash, uneducated, unsophisticated, redneck, hillbilly chev scum; that is, people that do not have the ability to speak properly, have no teeth,  and see no reason why they should. --  Here is a reason: you are a minority world wide embarrassment that tarnishes our whole country's reputation, and you should fuck off and die. Then again every country has them, I suppose.

Bogans are the crap that gets stuck on your shoe sole, where it is easier to just throw away the shoe than clean it off. Then again, there are some sophisticated Australians that have university educations and don't want to fuck the first thing they see that moves. There are some.

Bogans only have the limited mental capacity to say "Straya", which they think, in their peanut brains,  translates to what should be said as  "Au-stra-li-a."

Here is a tip for the Aussie bogans: finish one word before you say the next word, finish one sentence before you start the next sentence. Intelligent people may then have an understanding of what you are trying to mumble. I think you know where I now stand - no I'm not stuck up, but I like to elevate rather than lower my standards sometimes, but not all times. Sometimes I go low.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Sydney, NSW. I had the pleasure of seeing Led Zeppelin perform live in 1972. I am a singer, guitarist, play a little harmonica and keyboards. My band plays both original and covers, mostly 60's and 70's although we are not limited to those eras.

Where are you located?

• 3 weeks later...

My internet has been down, or rather, I couldn't afford the bill.

In Melbourne. No I don't like any football, rugby, not much sport as all as I am hopeless at it. Maybe cricket. I used to film football games as a job, so I have seen far too many games that I don't ever want to see another.

Don't mind the bogans, really - good for a laugh. I rocked a pretty mean mullet in the 80's, along with every one else. Never went as far as the Billy-Ray Cyrus though. Aussie's have an odd way of complimenting each other by way of trading insults. Goes over well in person but not in text. :unsure:

I don't get much time to post.

Go to work, come home, cook food, wash dishes, do laundry, and have maybe two hours till I have to sleep and repeat. Some people call that life. I don't but it is what it is. Whoever invented money needs a good 'talking' to...

Dane

• 3 months later...

Archived