Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
DavidCooper

Jimmy Page's Mom

Jimmy Page's mom "Patricia" I believe is her name, has never been revealed to me through photos. I've seen as many others have, Jimmy's dad. If anyone has photos of Patricia Page, this would be of great joy to me. Thank You!............DavidCooper

David Cooper returns. I wondered what happened to you. Anyway, none come to mind at the moment. 

I may be mistaken but I think there's a photo of her in the recent book - the three lives of jimmy page. im pretty sure I saw on recently and that was the last thing I looked at. assuming this is the case, its the only one I've ever seen

I checked the three lives....book and I was mistaken, there isn't a picture of jimmy's mother in it. maybe craigled can pass a link to one?

Edited by jsj
spelling errors

I was being a smartie pants. I thought there would be loads about online. I am sure she has been in a Zep book that i borrowed from the Library a while back.

Can't imagine Page using the Americanism "mom",  Mummy or Mother, maybe Mum but never ever mom..

6 hours ago, JTM said:

Can't imagine Page using the Americanism "mom",  Mummy or Mother, maybe Mum but never ever mom..

Of course depending on her disposition it could also be Old Battle Axe, Eva Braun, or Soul Sucker as well. Everyone in my family used to refer to my grandmother as Eva Braun because she was such a hard ass. Ironically, the real Eva Braun was much younger than my granny and according to those who knew her, a very fun and funny person. I think a better comparison would have been Countess Bathory myself.

Sorry, it's a mother-in-law thing.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Of course depending on her disposition it could also be Old Battle Axe, Eva Braun, or Soul Sucker as well. Everyone in my family used to refer to my grandmother as Eva Braun because she was such a hard ass. Ironically, the real Eva Braun was much younger than my granny and according to those who knew her, a very fun and funny person. I think a better comparison would have been Countess Bathory myself.

Sorry, it's a mother-in-law thing.

Such disparaging terms would be a gross characterization of Jimmy's mother. She always encouraged him to pursue his interest in music, allowing him to use the living room when they lived on Miles Road in Epsom and, along with his father, agreeing to let teenage Jimmy tour with Neil Christian and The Crusaders. 

Edited by SteveAJones

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Such disparaging terms would be a gross characterization of Jimmy's mother. She always encouraged him to pursue his interest in music, allowing him to use the living room when they lived on Miles Road in Epsom and, along with his father, agreeing to let teenage Jimmy tour with Neil Christian and The Crusaders. 

Just joking Steve, the post was actually directed toward my maternal grandmother, The Scourge of Slovenia. Old Ironface was so cold blooded and hardcore that she had the Chicago PD scared shitless. 4'10" of piss and vinegar that one. Believe it or not she even told Al Capone to go fuck himself to his face when he was at the height of his powers in Cicero, called him a balloon-head too. Even the Mob would not screw with her because they thought she was a witch or some stupid old world shit. Even though she was Slovenian she was fluent in something like 10 or 11 languages as her family owned a famous (at the time) restaurant and hotel in Catez ob Savi, Slovenia. My grandmother used to swear at the wise guys in Italian and Sicilian and threaten them with curses. Al Capone's second, Frank Nitti even said, according to family lore, that no one would fuck with her and nothing could kill her because Heaven would not take her and Hell was afraid she would take over.

Anyway, back to Jimmy's mum. She was obviously a very sweet and supportive woman. I assume Jimmy does not talk about her to protect his family privacy. Nothing wrong with that.

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Anyway, back to Jimmy's mum. She was obviously a very sweet and supportive woman. I assume Jimmy does not talk about her to protect his family privacy. Nothing wrong with that.

Undoubtedly. On one occasion when I was in Epsom I observed there was a Page Motors not far from the home Jimmy grew up in on Miles Road. I wanted to stop in to inquire if there was some connection to Jimmy or his parents, but did not out of respect for their privacy.

http://epsomandewellhistoryexplorer.org.uk/PageFamily.html  

10 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Undoubtedly. On one occasion when I was in Epsom I observed there was a Page Motors not far from the home Jimmy grew up in on Miles Road. I wanted to stop in to inquire if there was some connection to Jimmy or his parents, but did not out of respect for their privacy.

http://epsomandewellhistoryexplorer.org.uk/PageFamily.html  

I read somewhere on a "Epsom local history" type site that there's no connection between Page motors and JP's family. (Even if there was it'd be ironic, given Jimmy doesn't drive).

4 hours ago, 76229 said:

I read somewhere on a "Epsom local history" type site that there's no connection between Page motors and JP's family. (Even if there was it'd be ironic, given Jimmy doesn't drive).

Agreed there does not seem to be.