The Beatles thread

Can't say I've heard of them and no, not my thing but I do like Harry Nillson. His record "Nilson Shmillson" is great!

I did a little Stars on 45 research. I was pretty accurate on the timeframe. This drek was all over the place back then and especially in the pseudo disco's I ventured into.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stars_on_45

Oh, "Son of Shmillson" is a fabulous follow-up to the LP you mentioned.

Edited by JethroTull

I did a little Stars on 45 research. I was pretty accurate on the timeframe. This drek was all over the place back then and especially in the pseudo disco's I ventured into.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stars_on_45

Oh, "Son of Shmillson" is a fabulous follow-up to the LP you mentioned.

Cool - I will check that album out as the one I have is the only stuff I've heard from him.

"pussycats" is the album nilsson did with john lennon.....it was not his best. there is "pandemonium shadow show" from 1966 where harry did a cover of the beatles "you can't do that" and also managed to include 20 something other beatles songs in the backup vocals on that recording. legend has it that derek taylor came across this album (and song) and took a box of copies back to england for the beatles and they all became nilsson fans...

So yeah, what's everybody else think?

I also like Beatles, and their songs like Let It Be, Helter Skelter etc. Only? most of Beatles songs have simple meaning.... This Band may add to"Indie Rock" cause these guys were kings of POP-rock! Anyway, IMHO :huh:

"pussycats" is the album nilsson did with john lennon.....it was not his best. there is "pandemonium shadow show" from 1966 where harry did a cover of the beatles "you can't do that" and also managed to include 20 something other beatles songs in the backup vocals on that recording. legend has it that derek taylor came across this album (and song) and took a box of copies back to england for the beatles and they all became nilsson fans...

This is funny, i had never heard of this until this morning when i heard this song: "Mucho Mungo/Mt. Elga" (John Lennon, Harry Nilsson) on Breakfast with the Beatles (local station hosted by Beatles Freak! Andre Gardner). John produced the record, and played on the aforementioned song. This album was from 1974. Bob Dylan also played on a song.

Huh - didn't know that!

Harry upset a lot of people when he released Son of Schmillson. I think it's a great collection with an all-star cast of musicians (George Harrysong as he's called). The potty humor and four letter words were not appreciated by some of the fans he gained through Nilsson Schmillson. Your're Breaking My Heart, you're tearing it apart, so fuck you.....

Edited by JethroTull

• 1 month later...
I named my son Logan Jude. His first name was going to be Jude, but my b/f wanted it to be Logan (after wolverine, hes a comic book dork). My favorite album would have to be sgt peppers.

My daughter's second name is Revolution, also thanks to the Beatles.

(was quite cool giving her that name, cause after I gave her her name some official geezer who was stuck behind a phone walked up to me and told me it was inappropiate to give a child that name....I waved the paper at him that his colleague just had signed and asked him "what the fuck are ya gonna do about it then?")

Fav album: The White Album, I was born on the day they recorded Ob La Di Ob La da, and thats on that one, also love it's diversity.

Edited by reswati

How's it going "Jahfin?" I got an e-mail from Beatles.com telling me about that. You can rest assure that I am going to buy up every single album that is released on 9 September 2009. I really truly wish that Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL) would release the entire BEATLES catalog in the ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING ULTRADISC II series on 24 KT. Gold Discs. I already own all of THE BEATLES MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING albums on Vinyl/LP's from 1982. ROCK ON!

I held out for years on buying any Beatles on CD in hopes of their catalog eventually being remastered. Years ago I saw a limited edition box set on sale at a Turtles outside of Athens, GA but it was far more than I could afford at the time. A few years after that the Turtles chain went out of business and started marking everything down. Fortunately one of their local stores had a copy of the same box so I didn't wait too long before snatching it up. Still, I'd like to buy the new remasters at some point but I'm sure they'll be pricey as well.

The limited edition box:

1snpeb.jpg

From the official website http://thebeatles.com/core/home/

Not sure of the price though.

I checked the price, it's a hundred million dollars!

Great news, brought to me first (before i saw the posts today here) by local great Andre Gardner (WMGK)... one of the biggest Beatles freaks alive (and does a great Breakfast with the Beatles) every Sunday morning, and a Beatles break every afternoon at approximately 4:15pm! I am going to save up for this collection!

So they're pushing it as part of a Beatles stimulus package? :D

lol, i think you get an inflatable Beatle of your choice with each purchase :) that may be why the pirce tag is so high!

Good to see you back, Dzldoc! How about we share the cost and split the collection in half :)

(was quite cool giving her that name, cause after I gave her her name some official geezer who was stuck behind a phone walked up to me and told me it was inappropiate to give a child that name....I waved the paper at him that his colleague just had signed and asked him "what the fuck are ya gonna do about it then?")

Fav album: The White Album, I was born on the day they recorded Ob La Di Ob La da, and thats on that one, also love it's diversity.

Well I think that's a beautiful name.

I have the Capitol Albums Vol. 1 set.

On 09-09-09, I will pick up Abbey Road.

I will see how I like the re-mastering on that album.

I personally would like The Hollywood Bowl on official CD release, along with Beatles: Rock'n'Roll.

Edited by The Rover

I checked the price, it's a hundred million dollars!

Great news, brought to me first (before i saw the posts today here) by local great Andre Gardner (WMGK)... one of the biggest Beatles freaks alive (and does a great Breakfast with the Beatles) every Sunday morning, and a Beatles break every afternoon at approximately 4:15pm! I am going to save up for this collection!

How's it going "~tangerine~" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics. I thought that it was a quarter of a million dollars. I sure wish that it was Sunday morning today. ROCK ON!

How's it going "reswati?" There are two answers that I would give in response to naming your daughter Revolution which I personally think is GREAT! We can also thank THE BEATLES and THE ROLLING STONES for these answers. One, "Please to meet you, won't you guess my name!" And Two, "You say you want a Revolution well you know, WE ALL WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD!" ROCK ON!

How's it going "Jahfin?" Here's something that will blow your mind or maybe you already have them. I own two different BEATLES BOOTLEG MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING collections on COMPACT DISC! Someone decided to get the very best BEATLES complete MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING LP/Vinyl collections with no pops and scratches and digitally remaster and remix them in the studio onto a new master tape. In Russia, in 2004, RMG Records released the complete BEATLES MILLENIUM REMASTERS MFSL CD COLLECTION which are also 24 bit mastering audiophile archival recordings. Let me be the first (Or maybe not) to tell you that this CD collection sounds INCREDIBLE! These albums sound better than any other legitimate BEATLES ever released and would blow your mind. Another INCREDIBLE BEATLES COMPLETE MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING COLLECTION was released in Italy in 1990 on 24 KT. Gold CD's. This collection also sounds incredibly breathtaking. Both of these collections are the BEST BEATLES recordings ever to date, at least so far. I can't wait for the new BEATLES Digitally Remastered re-releases on 9 September 2009, you can rest asure that I will be in the long lines to buy all of them. ROCK ON!