Any shows you've changed your opinion on?

ZepHead315

Have you ever found yourselves growing to like a show you disliked before, or vice versa? For the most part, when I hear a bootleg, my first impression of it generally stays the same. But there's a few exceptions too:

Four Blocks in the Snow - When I first heard this show, two things struck me: the sound quality is incredible, and Robert's voice is very hoarse. The latter sorta made me write it off, as I found it rather distracting. I've been listening to it again and marveling at how well the rest of the band is playing. Plus I love how the sound is loud and in your face. And even though Robert isn't at 100% health, he's in great spirits throughout.

Burn Like a Candle - I always liked this show, but when I first heard it, I kinda dismissed it as being good but inconsequential (we have HTWWW, after all). Even with the bonus tracks, I just saw it as a copy of HTWWW but with inferior sound quality. Now I don't know what I was thinking! This show absolutely blows that out of the water. It's complete, no edits or trickery, no brickwalled audio. Just pure Zeppelin in all its glory.

Earls Court - I eagerly set out these shows when I saw the footage on the DVD, but I've sort of cooled on them. They're not bad, but I find them rather overrated. There are plenty of better shows from this year, in my opinion. Of course the flat soundboards don't help matters.

Seattle Kingdome 1977.

For years all I had was the crappy video with that horrible video soundtrack. From that, the show resided in my negative column of 1977 shows. But after Godfatherecords came out with their sonic upgrade cd "Conquering Kingdome", I have warmed to this show so that now it is in my plus column of 1977.

Archived