New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

Hello,

As I'm sure some of you might have heard, EV has a new Soundboard Revolution release entitled "Deus Ex Machina." However, that is so far the only information offered regarding this SB. Anyone have an inkling of an idea of what it could be? Only thing I have heard talk of recently is the possibility of a Japan '71 soundboard, of which we have gotten only "Black Dog" so far. Any other thoughts?

Deus ex machina (meaning "god from the machine").The term has evolved to mean a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the inspired and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object. Depending on how it is done, it can be intended to allow a story to continue when the writer has "painted themself into a corner" and sees no other way out, to surprise the audience, to bring the tale to a happy ending, or as a comedic device.

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

According to Led Zeppelin news, rumours suggest that it's a recording from 1975. Due to be released in May.

In light of a rumored new audience recording, I'd guess then that this will be the Houston show (they'll be released as a package, aud and SB).

1 hour ago, Sticks of Fire said:

FWIW, someone told me it was a 1977 show and I do trust my source.  It just depends if he was given good solid info.  

If so, it's probably the Greensboro show, although the Birmingham and Baton Rouge shows are also definite possibilities. 

If it's a 1977 show, I'd hope for the Badgeholders gig. Fits with the Deus Ex Machina bit with Keith Moon showing up later in the show.

If it's a 1975 show, maybe the Chicago show when they first started playing How Many More Times as a substitute for Dazed and Confused? 

9 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

FWIW, someone told me it was a 1977 show and I do trust my source.  It just depends if he was given good solid info.  

8 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

If so, it's probably the Greensboro show, although the Birmingham and Baton Rouge shows are also definite possibilities. 

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Even worse than expected then. Another 3 hours of inconsistent noise. Pass me more papers please !

How do we know Baton Rouge or Greensboro are "inconsistent noise" - you hoarding the audience tapes? :lol: For a variety of reasons Baton Rouge '77 is one of my personal Zeppelin Holy Grails...we already know Birmingham is one of the better shows from the tour and Greensboro is basically Bonzo's Birthday Party '77 (the gig was on May 31)- how bad can that be?

No, we haven't heard Houston '75, either, but all those mid period '75 soundboards we've gotten of late are starting to all run together and sound the same to me. I listened to Fort Worth once and that was enough...

2 hours ago, pluribus said:

If it's a 1975 show, maybe the Chicago show when they first started playing How Many More Times as a substitute for Dazed and Confused? 

Now that I'd be down with- I love them early '75 gigs with "How Many More Times", we don't have any of those shows in soundboard format, and it's high fucking time we got one!

2 minutes ago, Nutrocker said:

How do we know Baton Rouge or Greensboro are "inconsistent noise" - you hoarding the audience tapes? :lol: For a variety of reasons Baton Rouge '77 is one of my personal Zeppelin Holy Grails...we already know Birmingham is one of the better shows from the tour and Greensboro is basically Bonzo's Birthday Party '77 (the gig was on May 31)- how bad can that be?

No, we haven't heard Houston '75, either, but all those mid period '75 soundboards we've gotten of late are starting to all run together and sound the same to me. I listened to Fort Worth once and that was enough...

Now that I'd be down with- I love them early '75 gigs with "How Many More Times", we don't have any of those shows in soundboard format, and it's high fucking time we got one!

Hi Nutty

I knew you'd say that and you know I am not a lover of the 77 tour. I sure hope you get what you want? And no I am not hoarding the tapes. It depends on how the band perform or not as the case may be?

One thing I do agree with is an early 75 show with How Many More Times or even When The Levee Breaks

3 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Hi Nutty

I knew you'd say that and you know I am not a lover of the 77 tour. I sure hope you get what you want? And no I am not hoarding the tapes. It depends on how the band perform or not as the case may be?

One thing I do agree with is an early 75 show with How Many More Times or even When The Levee Breaks

Dude, if we got a soundboard of the January 20 '75 Chicago show (with HMMT, "Wanton Song" and "Levee") I'd probably have to change my shorts! Maybe more than once, even...

22 minutes ago, Nutrocker said:

Amigo, si conseguimos una caja de resonancia de la Chicago Mostrar 20 '75 de enero de (con HMMT, "Wanton Song" y "Dique") probablemente tendría que cambiar mis pantalones cortos! Tal vez más de una vez, incluso ...

THANK´S GOD, IF IT´S TRUE .....

3 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Dude, if we got a soundboard of the January 20 '75 Chicago show (with HMMT, "Wanton Song" and "Levee") I'd probably have to change my shorts! Maybe more than once, even...

How Many More Times was not played at the January 20, 1975 show.  The first time it was played on the 1975 US Tour was the next night in Chicago (January 21, 1975).  They did not play any concerts where all three of those songs were performed.  When the Levee Breaks was dropped after the January 20th show and How Many More Times was added for the January 21st show.

1 hour ago, No Quota said:

The matrix of a soundboard and a MM audience source from LA 75 would be epic.

Or a soundboard of one of the Millard LA shows from 77 for that matter. God, just imagine what a matrix would sound like. Imagine hearing the opening of TSRTS on 6/21 in sound quality equivalent to Four Blocks in the Snow! :o

Sigh...we can only hope and dream!

5 hours ago, mrledhed said:

It could be anything at this stage.

Yep. The recent soundboard for Fort Worth 75 was titled "Rock Super Stars", which I thought was an otherwise random title, until I noticed that it was a reference to the headline of the newspaper article previewing the show.  Maybe "Deus Ex Machina" is listed somewhere in an article for one of the shows from 1975-1977?  

7 hours ago, pluribus said:

Yep. The recent soundboard for Fort Worth 75 was titled "Rock Super Stars", which I thought was an otherwise random title, until I noticed that it was a reference to the headline of the newspaper article previewing the show.  Maybe "Deus Ex Machina" is listed somewhere in an article for one of the shows from 1975-1977?  

Didn't Jones debut the triple-neck acoustic guitar at the Birmingham show?  Not sure if that's the "machina" ...

Archived