New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:28 AM, Dirty Work said:

DOOD. That Mr. Jimmy cover band is fucking sick.

if thats not historically accurate, i don't know what is

Whoa, Jimmy Sakurai left Led Zepagain and formed his own tribute band. Seen them with him and he has the moves as well as the live notes down pat... Have to check out his tribute group when the opportunity presents itself.

4 minutes ago, blooze said:

Any more word on this? I thought it was going to be out by now

According to LZ news, the release of the boot has been delayed:

21 minutes ago, Ocean73 said:

We already have it in a really nice sounding audience recording.

Nice, but at the same time, completely sterile.  Since all the 75 boards sound terrific this one is a Holy Grail to many.

Can't believe people actually pay those prices to a bootleg company, ahead of time, with no guarantees, but this is the one release I can understand. I almost bought Double Shot though and regret that I didn't. I mean, we can get them for free just as fast as getting them in the mail pretty much, but what do I know. I guess if they didn't make money they wouldn't release them, on the other hand.

6 hours ago, Dirty Work said:

I guess if they didn't make money they wouldn't release them, on the other hand.

This x 1,000,000,000 - I'd rather pay for the releases and keep them coming than not buy and have them "dry up". I'll make more money - those tapes are far more precious to me at least.

The first LZ bootleg CD's I ever bought were Dallas 1975 - both discs, and the BBC sessions stuff with the 06/21/1977 Stairway to Heaven tagged on the end. They were $55 for each disc !!  For a 19 year old in 1989 that was alot of money. The amount of pleasure those discs gave me throughout the years before all the easy internet downloads was priceless. I bought literally close to 100 bootleg titles over the next 10 years or so at $35 to $50 per disc, whenever or wherever i could track them down. Taking road trips to bigger cities and visiting the record shops to see if they might have some boots hidden behind the counter. The untold hours and piles of cash spent foraging for new bootlegs was my hobby, and I loved it. Nothing beat a great sounding new show, it was what I dreamed about !!  Of course I had already been listening to the BBC sessions and Badgeholders Only on vinyl for a few years at the point I started buying boot CDs. The point is, paying $630 for a 14 disc bootleg set is nothing new to me and i will gladly do it to ensure the remaing Zep board tapes have the very best chance of being released for us all. Another $630 in my bank account would mean nothing to me if there were no more Zep boots released because of it. This Seattle show will provide untold hours of enjoyment and give actual goosebumps while listening to us true Led Heads. Nothing beats live Zep, NOTHING !!
Eric & EV, go ahead - take my money - just keep the Soundboard Revolution Rolling !!!!
All Love to John Bonham and his backing group. :)

5 hours ago, Dirty Work said:

Lets buy up the LA run, 24th-27th. I'll go in on it. :P

Count me in, also for the '77 LA run. ;)
That Fort Worth show from 1975 that EV released was truly awesome, it's still in my regular rotation along with the first 2/3rds of the Fort Worth 1977 show. Both are great performances from Jones and from Bonzo with Robert and Jimmy as about good as can be expected.....

14 hours ago, Dirty Work said:

I'm still partial to the 5/30/77 soundboard, since the audience recording was so nice before we got it. B) Soundboard of that one didn't let anybody down, I don't think.

No question, 5/30 is the best of the four Landover shows, and the only recording of the four that's really worth repeated listening IMO.

On 6/23/2017 at 11:26 AM, Boleskinner said:

Does anyone have an idea of how much EV pays the owner of these Zep soundboards to get them?

Would be interesting to find out.

Maybe the owner gets a cut of the sales. I have no idea.

They don't pay for them. They kind of fell into their lap a good while ago and they've been SITTING ON ALL OF THEM.

2 hours ago, mrledhed said:

They don't pay for them. They kind of fell into their lap a good while ago and they've been SITTING ON ALL OF THEM.

You claim to know the specifics of how these board tapes were acquired by EV ?  Please, inform us all then. I for one would be interested in knowing what happened.

Yeah, I'm excited as hell about 3/21/75 soundboard, aren't we all. But I get equally excited wondering what the next board will be. Surely '77 considering the past 3 are 1975. Maybe we'll get something from the first leg, or something unheard from the 2nd like Greensboro 5/31. I want to see if they sang happy birthday like my coworker said, too, would add a cool vibe to the recording. She really enjoyed the 5/31 video that circulates btw.

9 hours ago, mrledhed said:

Yes, I'd like to hear more as well.  How did this happen?  What do you mean by "all of them"?  All of '75 (and '77, I guess)?  Or other years/shows?

7 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Yes, I'd like to hear more as well.  How did this happen?  What do you mean by "all of them"?  All of '75 (and '77, I guess)?  Or other years/shows?

Me too!! I read somewhere on this forum a while ago (god knows where and who it was said by) that $10,000 was the going rate for a sbd tape off whoever the source was

13 hours ago, mknopfler said:

You claim to know the specifics of how these board tapes were acquired by EV ?  Please, inform us all then. I for one would be interested in knowing what happened.

I can claim to know who really killed JFK...doesn't necessarily mean it's true, though ;) 

18 hours ago, mrledhed said:

If that's the case it makes sense for EV to space out the releases and maximise the demand and $$$ for them.

The stories of how these tapes got from a sound desk in some auditorium in North America in 1975 to Japan in 2017 are almost as interesting as the concerts themselves.

The bootleggers should include this story in the liner notes, obviously omitting any names to avoid legal repercussions.

Archived