New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

Sorry if this has been answered already, but have to ask, Eric has told me Deus is in stock, except for the Promo box version, and others have claimed it is on the way and has been shipped out. . . I was also told I should be able to see the different set options via the net, but can't see anything out there -- I assume Empress V is still not ready with this release yet, even though I have been told otherwise? Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

Pretty pathetic it's available to download and nobody even knows what it looks like

Really, So it's pathetic that someone who paid a good some of money and has generously shared his purchase for free almost as soon as it dropped on his doormat and you are complaining he did not post cover art. Unbelievable...

Thanks to all who shared. This really is a great group of folks who seem to genuinely love the music and offier thoughtful discussion.

I've listened to the first half and it does sound very good. Not quite official release quality but very warm and well mixed. The stars of the show are Robert and JPJ, who is playing his ass off tonight. I can't say enough about how great the bass sounds on this. Bonzo is up to his usual high standards. I don't think I've ever heard any sub par playing from him. 

Jimmy takes a few songs to hit his stride. By OTHAFA, he's playing some nice runs. I think there may be other shows from '75 where his playing is better but he's still very good here.

Best show of '75? Vocally, absolutely. And maybe the best I've ever heard from John Paul Jones. This was definitely worth the wait!

3 hours ago, JTM said:

Really, So it's pathetic that someone who paid a good some of money and has generously shared his purchase for free almost as soon as it dropped on his doormat and you are complaining he did not post cover art. Unbelievable...

Par for the course, no? 

5 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

Pretty pathetic it's available to download and nobody even knows what it looks like

In physical form, silver circles with a hole the middle. Otherwise a file on a screen... ?

Yes, it's damn good. My only kinda complaint is WHERE THE HELL IS THE COVER ART!!! Just kidding, had to take the piss on that one. What a dick that guy.

Sick Again is the only weak link I have thus far heard and it is not really a weak link per se but just them working out a new song. Everyone is fine on this but Jimmy plays it safe on the solo and when he tries to mix it up it's almost as if he is not quite sure where to go with it, but, he keeps it short so no meandering.

I am up to the beginning of SIBLY and so far this is my favorite version from 75' and one of my favorites period. Can't wait to assess the rest.

The egg has finally been laid...

Thanks for those great pics!

I'm not a huge US '75 fan (Earls Court, now that's another story...) - but I am loving this new release. As others have noted, overall it sounds very good. Sonically I would rank it 2nd only to Flying Circus (NYC 2-12) - i.e. this Seattle board is the 2nd-best sounding of all available sources from the US 75 tour IMHO. Jones' bass is a bit too prominent in the mix, but aside from the few minutes of Page's solo in Black Dog, I don't find Jones' bass to be intrusive. The only other sonic issue is that Bonham's cymbals sound pretty sizzly and one-dimensional in many places throughout the tape. But overall this show is not plagued by the high-end harshness or awful midrange crunch that many otherwise decent-sounding '75 Zep boards have. There's also a decent amount of crowd noise (for a soundboard), and a decent amount of ambience/reverb (again for a soundboard), especially on Plant's vocals.

Speaking of which, this is the only '75 show that I can recall where Plant is not hoarse out of the gate with Rock and Roll. Except for a few moments in the final two encores (understandable after 3-1/2 hours), he's in perhaps the best voice of '75.

Then there's the addition of SIBLY, which is of course great, and the best performance of the tour (though I think they played it only 3 times, so not much competition there) - and the overall looseness and vibe of the show. In addition to being long and containing many great individual song performances, this show is just fun in a way that most of the US '75 shows aren't.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Would it be incredibly cheeky to enquire about the possibility of a PM?

Just to add that I've received a link & one poster has very kindly offered to send me the CDs (I don't want to name him in case he gets bombarded with requests) so I'm all good for this now.

I'm like a kid at Christmas now.

Archived