New Mystery Soundboard?

RockDude4492

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Yes. Godfatherecords "The American Return" is perfect.

Thanks! As it turns out the one i have is a matrix of Mike Millard Audience
and the  speed corrected ''Californication" Soundboard. 

Which sounds very similar to ''The American Return' but with a little more crowd noise and has the same speed as this one! 

I've got it but not listened yet. I'm flying to Melbourne from Perth tomorrow and gonna give it a blast (4 hr flight). Mind you, I'm travelling with my missus and our 4 and 6 year old boys. So god knows how much of it I'll get to listen to...unless I crush up some sleeping pills and put it in the kids food lol. Could be worth it

1 hour ago, Xolo1974 said:

I've got it but not listened yet. I'm flying to Melbourne from Perth tomorrow and gonna give it a blast (4 hr flight). Mind you, I'm travelling with my missus and our 4 and 6 year old boys. So god knows how much of it I'll get to listen to...unless I crush up some sleeping pills and put it in the kids food lol. Could be worth it

Haha, indeed it would be, it's an amazing show, hope you get a chance to listen to it.

The DADGAD remaster sounds great, he cleaned up that overly bright harshness on the highs and it sounds much smoother overall.
I'm now playing it as my "go to" version and recommend checking it out if you haven't.

Listening to Dazed and Confused from Seattle 8-21-75, around the 9:00 mark I thought I heard a snipped of Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Since the album was released less than a month later, I'm wondering if this was influence or osmosis? (or probably just me ears!)  

41 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

It's already available. 

Yes, I have received notice of it. It's been about a month now, so I was honoring rockdude's request of letting him know when eel was going to have one out. 

Now that I've reread my email, it is almost ready, so not quite porg.

9 hours ago, Walter said:

Yes, I have received notice of it. It's been about a month now, so I was honoring rockdude's request of letting him know when eel was going to have one out. 

Now that I've reread my email, it is almost ready, so not quite porg.

Yes, sorry about that. Looks like end of the month. 

3 hours ago, porgie66 said:

C'mon guys just download it and burn off your own discs, that's all eelgrass has done..

6 hours ago, JTM said:

C'mon guys just download it and burn off your own discs, that's all eelgrass has done..

That's all I've done. I'm not paying for that shit. If I had the $$$ I might support EV since they put the thing out but I can't spare $400 right now. No way. 

On 8/5/2017 at 0:55 AM, IpMan said:

Listend to this whole concert and all I can say is, incredible. What a great show. Now there were a few "low" points but nothing major:

Kashmir - It just sounded weak and the mix was all over the place. Nothing but mellotron, then some guitars, then just mellotron, and then in the end all of a sudden...you can hear the bass pedals way up in your face. The whole song, no bass pedals and then...BAM! Nothing but bass pedals.

Sick Again - As I mentioned prior, the song is good, the solo is good, however the solo sounds like a work in progress. Jimmy has ideas but never quite follows through on any of them.

That's it really and again, nothing major.

Now for just a snippet of the highs:

D&C - Holy shit! Possibly the holy grail of the long D&C's. Page executes perfectly, bringing varying ideas into fruition and then merging with a new direction and something wonderful. For such a long D&C it feels much shorter. This IMO is the zenith of the long jam D&C's. Bonzo is all over the place yet locked tight as can be with Page and Jones. Changes galore in the second half of song, all executed perfectly despite no rhyme or reason. How the hell do they do that?

Communication Breakdown - Just great, everyone is great here. JP does a very different solo for this but it works.

Black Dog - Nice, juicy version.

No Quarter - One of the best versions I have heard with Jimmy playing around on the nut quite a bit, and doing wild, truncated bends simulating the sound of a whammy bar a bit. He would construct the perfect, greatest NQ solo two months later on May 23rd and you can hear the beginnings of that here.

Moby Dick - Another long tune that goes by quickly, and I usually don't like drum solos longer than 10 min. Bonzo on this is like Jimmy on D&C, ideas and phrases galore all weaving together. The song simply flows.

Heartbreaker - Except for the flub on the one-handed solo, the song smokes. Once Jimmy gets hand number two back on the guitar, the solo is brilliant and moves in different directions as well.  Very well articulated. 

IMTOD - Holy Shit!

It appears the word of the day was changes. This is in effect, the heaviest prog-rock (please bear with me here) you will ever hear. The prog-rock part I mean in extended jams like D&C & NQ where there are so many parts, so many time changes, rhythms and polyrhythms interweaving. Classical, jazz, blues, you name it, its there. To think only three musicians made such music live, Now that is rather impressive.

That being said, hows about NY 13-6-77 or LA 22-6-77 up next.

It is impressive. Nice review. Thanks.

Not quite sure who to thank for this one, but I have not heard a soundboard + audience (matrix) recording like this since 1975-02-12 ~ New York.. Which has always been right below the professionally recorded shows of my list of best sound quality shows.. Heck, you have to actually listen with a good, solid stereo to tell it's not quite as good as TSRTS.

http://starship.jpn.ph/zeppelin/beauty/disp/boot.jsp?R_idx=2457

On 8/20/2017 at 1:52 AM, porgie66 said:

No problem. Just wanted to be accurate for everyone. 

On 8/19/2017 at 10:31 PM, RockDude4492 said:

Oh sweet! Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

You're most welcome! 

On 8/20/2017 at 4:59 AM, JTM said:

I refrained from getting the silvers. It was $100. So I kept a Benjamin in my bank account. I will get one as I like having silvers instead of just download files.  Just not now and not that price.  ✌🏻

1 hour ago, nick2632 said:

Not quite sure who to thank for this one, but I have not heard a soundboard + audience (matrix) recording like this since 1975-02-12 ~ New York.. Which has always been right below the professionally recorded shows of my list of best sound quality shows.. Heck, you have to actually listen with a good, solid stereo to tell it's not quite as good as TSRTS.

Sounds very promising. That's the one I might have to get. Always love a good matrix. Thanks!

5 hours ago, nick2632 said:

Hi mate - do you have the full show, as I'd love to hear it. Only the first disc is on BB

18 hours ago, nick2632 said:

Thanks for the link. I find this matrix to be even more enjoyable than the sbd. I don't mind losing a little clarity in order to gain some ambience, makes it sound more like you were there than not. Compare Pages solo from Sick Again between the sbd and matrix and notice how much more natural it seems to flow, as well as having a 'heavier' feel to it. Good times. :)

Archived