Led Zeppelin 2 - Has anyone seen them before?

ForEvermore

Hello all.

There is a LZ cover band called Led Zeppelin 2 that I'm thinking about going to see. Has anyone here seen them? Are they good?

All opinions welcome and encouraged (provided that they are on-topic). Thanks in advance!

From what i have been told. The best Zep tributes are, Whole lotta Led and Mothership. Both full-time. That is their profession. Have their own merch etc. One called Custard Pie were in Wigan the other week. Do not know how they did.

21 hours ago, craigled said:

From what i have been told. The best Zep tributes are, Whole lotta Led and Mothership. Both full-time. That is their profession. Have their own merch etc. One called Custard Pie were in Wigan the other week. Do not know how they did.

Thank you for replying - I remember seeing these tributes when I was living in the UK. However, I am back in the US now.

LZ 2 (I have since learned) is a Chicago-based tribute, and they look quite good. I'm going to go check them out tonight. I'll let everyone know how it goes. :)

Thanks again for responding!

Well, that show was pretty good! :)

I saw them at the TLA (Theater of Living Arts) in Philadelphia last Friday (I actually won the tickets in a contest - I was surprised that they had tickets to give away because the show was definitely sold out, even though the venue was 21+ only). Very good time! :D

Quick review - the John Bonham was stellar, the Page and JPJ roles were executed equally as well, and the Plant was very good - just not as (nearly) perfect as the other three (although his looks, posturing, and high notes were spot on). In short, I would see them again.

If you want to check them out for yourself without going to a show first, here is their website:

http://zep2.com/

Archived