2017 NFL Thread

Walter

4 hours ago, Walter said:

And another fumble! Too much! What's up with the all white for the Pack, Paul?

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I thought the home team always wore it--or do they get to pick their unis before the game?

Come on guys, the NFL has been making teams look like popsicles on Thursday Night for a couple of years now. Each team wears a single colour. The NFL even has a name for it with its own hash tag: Color Rush.

I called it 'clown car football'.  That was a deluge....the NFL actually made the correct call on that one.  Seems the refs are having a hard time spotting the ball this year.  Lions had to throw the flag on an obvious one against the Giants on MNF, same thing last night.  One game they had it on the wrong 45 yard line.  C'mon man !  What are you looking at ?  The Pack got pretty banged up in that game.

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Which is still putting a lot of faith in Chicago. 😏

Indeed. :D

Neither Walter nor I expected anything better than a Bears loss (because we are sapient human beings. :)

Can anyone explain to me how that team beat the Steelers last weekend? That's just nuts. I didn't see that game or the highlights - did the Steelers just implode?

2 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

Neither Walter nor I expected anything better than a Bears loss (because we are sapient human beings. :)

Can anyone explain to me how that team beat the Steelers last weekend? That's just nuts. I didn't see that game or the highlights - did the Steelers just implode?

The Steelers are a different team on the road.  I didn't really watch that game, just checked in and saw the end of reg plus the OT.  They couldn't handle the Bears backs.

On 9/29/2017 at 10:43 AM, ForEvermore said:

Big Ben was missing wide open targets left and right. He played like shit.

15 hours ago, redrum said:

SF is 0 and 4, but I still think they're playing way better than the past couple seasons.

I took them yesterday and one of the very few I missed.  My Bills and Rams parlay was a day maker.  Straight up money line.  Love it.  What a monster win for the Bills.  This rookie cornerback White is nuts.  He scored the TD on D.  And now we are 3 point underdogs at Cincy?  Are you kidding me?  I know we lost Our star receiver from the Eagles, Matthews, but hell, we have many contributing.  We are better than the Bungels.  That line will move.  I am all over this one   Pounding the Bills.  And I think the Rams can beat Seattle.  Its been a wait for my teams to play like this.  New coach's.  Wait until Glenn returns on the offensive line.    Shady McCoy will go nuts. And we were picked to win 5 games.  Rebuild for all of these draft picks next year.  They are going to solidify our position.  But we have something to play for now.  I am not scared of New England.  Brady should be smart and be careful not to injure himself and stick around too long like Montana did.  He was lucky.  Got out ok.  Namath was not.  He has new knees and  is in pain. Sometimes its better to walk away on top.  He cannot keep this up forever and now they are finally being caught by father time. Carolina beat them and KC killed them.  I think Tampa will give them all they can handle.  And when they come here in December, we will be waiting for them

Now that stinking OJ is free.  Unreal.  Stalk his ass pappparazzi until he drops.  Or violates his parole.  I think he will be a choir boy for a while.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Now that stinking OJ is free.  Unreal.  Stalk his ass pappparazzi until he drops.  Or violates his parole.  I think he will be a choir boy for a while.

I just have a feeling he's going to fuck up again.

42 minutes ago, redrum said:

I just have a feeling he's going to fuck up again.

Its in his nature.  He is putting on a fake smile at the camera boys but that wont last long.  I say he smash's a camera within a week.

We need to take him off the wall of shame.  If I ever see him at a game again, I am going to call him out. He comes for me he will be in the slammer.  Anything I can do to help my former fav player go back to the big house 

Strider, your boys need to give EJ a shot vs the  messed up Ravens.  He can beat them.  Good arm, and can run.  And great team guy.  With a week of practice he can win this game.  Not so sure about Paul's fish with Cutler vs Mariotta.  I do not get Vegas.  How the hell can the Bills be dogs vs Cincy after winning in Atlanta and vs Denver.  1 TD pass all year so far and it was pretty tight.  A short perfect toss.  This secondary and White are a big story so far.  Cincy, do they have a big running game I dont know about?  I do not get this line.  Fitzpatrick rung them up for 56 points our last visit  Rams getting more respect than the Bills are. Even though ESPN has them 8 in the power rankings.  Yes, Buffalo at like 7 or 8.  And ahead of New England.  The Tide could finally be turning?  I know after next years draft it will be.

Miami really blows. Buffalo is surprising, but the now have a good coach/GM combo. Suck it Rex!  NE is going down, or are they?  The Jets are getting by and coming on!  AFC East - very interesting!

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:37 PM, SteveAJones said:

NFL BOYCOTT in full effect NOW. A total withdrawal of all commercial and social relations with this league. No NFL tv packages, no ticket purchases, no merchandise and so forth. Additionally, I call upon sponsors to sever their ties. Ideally, this will culminate with a change to NFL policy to bar the owners, coaches and players from further politicizing the American national anthem on the field OR the lowest rated Super Bowl in history.

Same as I said in January - The NFL this year... it's no wonder the ratings are down. I crapped it out when Crappernick made a show out of crapping on our National Anthem.

Football is football! Why bring political or racial crap into football? I love football. You know I do, Sean! But I would watch football to escape from the political crap. I don't watch it to see someone bring a statement into it, that's irrelevant of the sport. Then O'Bumbles has to make a statement on it. Gimme a break.

I hear ya Jonesy. The NFl fan-base has gone down almost 40%. Sad. I guess I was too early and ahead of the curve 10 months ago. But my feelings are the same as a core of the NFl base. Why do politicking during our National Anthem? If you have a problem with the POTUS, why do it during our anthem. Our anthem is inclusive of one thing - "We The People". To take a knee for it is an admission to screwing it. Does anyone wish to disagree with me? Didn't think so. :P

This crap stopped me from playing the Potted Plant Memorial Thread last year. Strider, she would actually be ashamed. Not just for the fact that you allowed one player to play 3 decks of cards trying to win (Walter ... cough, cough) , but she would disagree on the players taking a knee when it comes to standing up for our country. I knew Brett very well. She would give a thumbs down to your contest. Change the name.

Archived