2017 NFL Thread

Walter

On 10/13/2017 at 11:13 AM, Bong-Man said:

First time I saw Philly last night, and I was pretty impressed with their defense.  Nice pass rush, and their cornerbacks matched up very well against Carolina's big receivers.  Except for Green Bay, both teams are better than anything in the Central at this point (I always think wild card for the Bumbles, because we won't beat Green Bay).

Nice picking Paul & Zepscoda !    

Oh, you wont beat Green Bay?  Care to revise that statement

11 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

You know...in this whole fiasco, I never thought the courts would be so persistent in doing the right thing (but I'm grateful that they keep doing it). I simply don't know how you can be suspended for something that was investigated fully by law enforcement with the result of no charges being filed due to lack of evidence. Domestic violence is a very serious issue, and I'm very happy that the league is taking such an assertive stand against it (vis a vis, Ray Rice); however, to punish someone for a case that the law investigated and dropped is just surreal.

If he was officially charged with a crime, suspend him all year. If he were found guilty of such a charge, suspend him for much longer - perhaps permanently. But, for crying out loud, doesn't "innocent until proven guilty" mean anything?

I agree.  But the league will get their way, eventually, imo.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Oh, you wont beat Green Bay?  Care to revise that statement

No.  

Apparently you don't remember Matt Flynn.  He subbed for Rodgers once against the Lions and threw for 480 yards and 6 touchdowns.  When you haven't won a 4 team division for 23 years, hope does not spring eternal.

cowardly lion.jpg

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

No.  

Apparently you don't remember Matt Flynn.  He subbed for Rodgers once against the Lions and threw for 480 yards and 6 touchdowns.  When you haven't won a 4 team division for 23 years, hope does not spring eternal.

cowardly lion.jpg

Hahaha. Yes, and off that one performance he got signed to a big contract (I forget the team) and didn't even make it out of training camp.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Hahaha. Yes, and off that one performance he got signed to a big contract (I forget the team) and didn't even make it out of training camp.

Seattle?  I believe that was when they drafted Wilson and took the job from Flynn in training camp.  

He also beat the Cowboys that same season.

12 hours ago, Walter said:

I agree.  But the league will get their way, eventually, imo.

I fear you may be correct, but the fact that this metaphorical tennis match already gone a couple of strokes beyond where anyone could have thought it would, who knows...

On 10/18/2017 at 1:27 PM, Bong-Man said:

No.  

cowardly lion.jpg

I am picking either Minny or Detroit to win that division regardless

Great game last night......'er this morning !

I'm sorry, but I still think that 10 second run-off rule absolutely blows.  Think about it....as a fan, would you ever want to watch a close playoff game and have it end that way after watching for 3 + hours ?  A coach already has to feel paranoid about saving one for a possible review, injury, or just old-fashioned clock management.  I don't know what the solution is, but what they're currently doing ain't it !

Couldn't understand why the Raiders weren't blitzing earlier.  Smith was tearing them up anyway.      

1 hour ago, ForEvermore said:

But, but...the league is failing because of the players' expression of basic First Amendment rights - the Ministry of Alternative Facts told me so...

Don't tell me they're lying again... :blink:

True!

also look who's the common team in the entire top 3... ;) 

Strange that since the Rams and Cardinals are in London it starts at 1 pm EST.  That means about 6 pm in England.   They finally have a real game on their hands.  A good game with good teams.  If Fitzpatrick comes in vs the Bills it will not be the first time. We picked him off when he was a Jet to beat him.  With this new rebuilt and better secondary, I am hoping we take them down.  We should be able to run on them.  So McCoy should have  a decent day.  But Tyrod needs to find receivers and I hear Jordan Matthews may be back sooner than expected.  

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Strange that since the Rams and Cardinals are in London it starts at 1 pm EST.  That means about 6 pm in England.   They finally have a real game on their hands.  A good game with good teams.  If Fitzpatrick comes in vs the Bills it will not be the first time. We picked him off when he was a Jet to beat him.  With this new rebuilt and better secondary, I am hoping we take them down.  We should be able to run on them.  So McCoy should have  a decent day.  But Tyrod needs to find receivers and I hear Jordan Matthews may be back sooner than expected.  

Someone forgot to tell Arizona the start time, I think.

2 hours ago, redrum said:

Sad fucking Niners.

And on Dwight Clark Day, no less. 😢

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Both my teams are looking good!!!!!  Who wants a piece of me!!!!!!  LOL.  Bills!!!!!!  Rams!!!!!!!   Come on bitch's.  Bring it on!!!!!!   Go Falcons.  Julio Jones is back baby and ready to rumble.  

The Raiders are coming for ya!

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Someone forgot to tell Arizona the start time, I think.

And on Dwight Clark Day, no less. 😢

The Raiders are coming for ya!

I must admit I am not taking the Raiders lightly and I am in fact scared of this game.  They will feel like its 10 am probably so a benefit for us depending on when they fly in.  Buffalo is always tough to beat at home.  The defense was not  as dominating as I expected yesterday but sometimes the bye week can work against teams in some ways.  I am really disappointed in the effort of Atlanta last night.  I expect the Chargers to be a potential upset for New England.  I doubt they will be up for them.  They are a hot team are the Chargers.  And I expect Rivers to eat up that lousy secondary like Ryan did not.  Atlanta tried to run too often.  The Chargers will throw.  The Raiders were a playoff team last year and when Carr went down it was doom.  They now have him back and only an exceptional Buffalo defense makes me think we can win this.   I am really surprised Miami is 4-2 and they go to Baltimore who are having big problems.  So they can get to 5-2.  New England has two teams breathing down their necks for a change.  And when they come to Buffalo Brady will not find it so easy to score on us like in the past.  We simply must stop Gronkowski, the Buffalo native.  Shut him down and that is the key.  He IS, their offense.  Steelers at Lions and that is prime time.  I will never understand Pittsburgh.  I hope the Lions beat them and I am picking them. They can beat them.  Minnesota has a cake walk as they are at Cleveland.  The Browns better make their next draft count. It is really bad for the NFL that Cleveland has been bad this long.  Once a very good and proud franchise.  Growing up back when they had Leroy Kelly  they were one of the best teams in football.  But their fans have had the Cavs and Indians to ease their pain. Well maybe not so much the Indians.  Tonight I have a feeling the Redskins will be right in this game. .They usually give the Eagles hell.  

How about that tying drive for the Bills yesterday.  3 play drive for the TD.  Bam.  Then the number one D in the NFL forces a turnover and a W.  Go Bills!!!!  And Go Rams too!  If there were any doubts about the Rams I think they were erased yesterday

Looking ahead.  Thanksgiving games look good.  The Bills are in New England on Xmas Eve, a full schedule on that day.  The Raiders must play in Philly on Xmas Day.    I guess they will get a white Xmas?  Man that has to suck.  3000 mile from home on Xmas day and Eve because you you have to fly in days ahead.  

7 minutes ago, redrum said:

You'd think the Seahawks had won the Super Bowl by beating the lousy Giants.

GO RAMS!!

But the Giants beat Denver in Denver...how lousy can they be? Of course Denver then loses to a lousy San Diego team. So who is really lousy and who isn't? Who can tell week to week?

23 hours ago, Strider said:

But the Giants beat Denver in Denver...how lousy can they be? Of course Denver then loses to a lousy San Diego team. So who is really lousy and who isn't? Who can tell week to week?

Makes you wonder if the Mob/Vegas is influencing the games.

MUG SHOT.jpg

4 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

GO BILLS AND RAMS.  Why are people not making their picks in the contest thread?

Because I've lost interest?  And there's baseball? 

I'll get there...

Archived