2017 NFL Thread

Walter

On 11/24/2017 at 5:54 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Not sure what that means.  So they sucked when they went to 4 Super Bowls in a row?    

pretty much....let's see what that steaming pile of excrement you call of a football team can do this week

and congrats for almost making the playoffs for the first time this millennium 

4 hours ago, Metta said:

pretty much....let's see what that steaming pile of excrement you call of a football team can do this week

and congrats for almost making the playoffs for the first time this millennium 

Well even if they lose in NE 9-7 likely gets them in because Tennessee is not beating the Rams and Jacksonville both.  Forget it.  Kelly did his job and they missed a FG that should have been made.  They were the best team and anyone with half a brain knows it.  Nobody, not even the almighty Patsies have gone to 4 in a row. 

Now to more important matter, and I have seen no announcer on TV say that the Pittsburgh Steelers guy did not make the catch on the TD that was called back and conveniently gave NE another stolen victory.  It was a TD, even with the stupid ridiculous rule change of 7 years ago.  He broke the plane of the end zone with the ball and anything that comes after means nothing.

PS, lastly, how about the Rams and what they did in Seattle?  Take notice.  Rams and Vikes for the NFC no doubt.  Rams will be a powerhouse for some time.  Bills are loaded with picks, and they are going to cash in in April

For anyone to write them off when they hold one of the seeds to the playoffs now is crazy.  Oh, I know that Baltimore gets to play Cleveland while we have to go into the Lions den in New England.  Beware if we escape there alive

If the Bills lose in NE they can still get in and its not a long shot.  If Chargers lose to Jets or Oakland, Bills simply have to win in Miami.  We own KC and the Raiders but the Chargers own us.  I am going to just accept that Baltimore is getting in because of the DICK SCHEDULE they have.  Indy and at Cincy.  Miracles can happen but I do not expect one here.  I want nothing more than a shot at Jacksonville in the playoffs to pay back Marone.

Sunday Night Football at Oakland Coliseum became amateur hour. The referee used a folded piece of paper and a tilted yardage marker to determine if Dallas got the first down late in the fourth quarter. Time to patent a yardage marker that has a level bubble and emits a sound if anything makes contact with it six inches above the ground or lower. 

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Sunday Night Football at Oakland Coliseum became amateur hour. The referee used a folded piece of paper and a tilted yardage marker to determine if Dallas got the first down late in the fourth quarter. Time to patent a yardage marker that has a level bubble and emits a sound if anything makes contact with it six inches above the ground or lower. 

Just do what the museums, jewelry stores, and banks do...have the yard markers emit a light beam from sideline to sideline and implant a tracking device inside the football so when the ball crosses it, a first-down alarm sounds off.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Just do what the museums, jewelry stores, and banks do...have the yard markers emit a light beam from sideline to sideline and implant a tracking device inside the football so when the ball crosses it, a first-down alarm sounds off.

The ref was confirming what his eyes showed already showed him - 1st down...

6 hours ago, Walter said:

The ref was confirming what his eyes showed already showed him - 1st down...

3 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

Agreed.

Two more to go - Zeke ready to go...

I don't even know what you all are talking about anyway...I left the game at halftime to go to a "White Christmas" and "Holiday Inn" double-feature. Much more entertaining. Dallas let me down...I wanted them to crush Oakland so there would be no doubt that Jack Del Rio would be fired. 

The NFL has admitted to referee mistakes in the past.  Back in the 70s even a game the Redskins and Cardinals I believe were in was ruled to have been errant in the call and the thing is, nothing can be done.  They never reverse anything.  I believe if New England were to Play Pittsburgh in the AFC title game, no certainty but very possible, it should be played in Pittsburgh.  They got screwed.  It was explained at nauseam on ESPN and nobody denied he caught the ball.  That said, not being touched he reached over the plane of the goal like they do all of the time near the pile on without touching the end zone.  The result every time, TD.  The call on the field TD.  The dumb ass ref misinterpreted the rule.  He fucked up and gave New England another win they did not deserve.  I am hoping the Bills find a way.  If Tyrod plays like he did vs Miami, we have a shot.

Rodgers done for the year.  I can't imagine the Packers having a realistic shot of beating the Lions at home without him.  That means the 'bumble-heads' have a decent shot of going 10-6 if they can get by Cinci this weekend.  Playoffs or not, that means Caldwell stays another year.  BOOOOO !  That 10 second run-off at the goal line against the Falcons looms large.    

Considering how long it's been since the Lions had a 100 yard rushing performance, I'm continually amazed at the depth some other teams have at running back.  There's a lot to be said for 2nd and 7 as opposed to 2nd and 14....duh.  If you can't run North & South between the tackles for 3 yards, why are you even on the roster ?  Blew my mind when they showed that Cowboys stat of being 26 of 28 on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1.  The Lions are 0-7 on 4th and 1 for the season. :wacko:

Considering our lack of a pass rush, this might be the best Lions' secondary I've watched in 50 years, and "Big Play Slay" is our best cornerback since Lem Barney.

Philip Rivers looked like a nervous scatter-armed rookie against the Chiefs.  Worst performance by a veteran quarterback this year.  He gave his team zero chance.

When was the last time the Raiders or Athletics actually used that top tier of seats in their stadium ?

8 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Philip Rivers looked like a nervous scatter-armed rookie against the Chiefs.  Worst performance by a veteran quarterback this year.  He gave his team zero chance.

Did you see Russell Wilson against the Rams last week? Or Derek Carr against the Chiefs...or anybody actually....this year? :bagoverhead:

8 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

When was the last time the Raiders or Athletics actually used that top tier of seats in their stadium ?

The 2002 AFC Championship Game vs. Tennessee.

Bong-Man, I sincerely hope your Lions come through for you, man. I really do...your city has suffered long enough.

12 hours ago, Walter said:

Rams all-pro kicker on the IR.  Not good for the close games in the playoffs.

They score more TD's anyway.  I am sick over Britton's injury in baseball.  On Starz they are playing Castaway over and over and over. Maybe an omen.  Why?  Because as you all know Helen Hunt tells Tom Hanks about Tennessee's run to the Super Bowl.  That included the music city miracle.  Well, what would Rob Johnson's career have been if that play never happened.  I do not think we could have beat the Rams.  No way.  But maybe this is the year, we get back.  Not the SB but the playoffs. I only want a shot at Marone the prick.  We could make it real easy if we can beat New England up there.  We won there last year 16-0 but as you know no Brady.  But we hung with them with Brady.  We appear to be healthier than ever for this game.  I believe we may have all of our receivers on the field?  Our secondary can make their lives miserable.   Better than Pittsburghs secondary.  If Tyrod plays like he did vs Miami, it can happen. Hell, the KC Chiefs won big up there on opening day.  They are coming off an emotional win. Hughes, Brown, Alexander and company must pressure Brady and the secondary with White (my pro bowl pic and a rookie of the year candidate on D), Poyer, Wright, and Mica Hyde the pro bowler must double Gronk and cover Amendola.  Shady McCoy is ready. Kick Ass!!!!

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Still a better position to be in than Green Bay losing their QB to IR.

Green Bay is done, mathematically, that’s why they put him back on it to shut his season down.  Atlanta winning sealed it.   

On 12/21/2017 at 1:24 PM, Walter said:

Green Bay is done, mathematically, that’s why they put him back on it to shut his season down.  Atlanta winning sealed it.   

The only good thing for Dallas is Atlanta's schedule.  But the Lions are in the mix too.  I do not see Atlanta losing them both but they sure could.  I like the Jets to give the Chargers hell and help us out.  Of course a Xmas miracle win in New England would be worth me dancing on the tables.

Archived