2017 NFL Thread

Walter

New England sucks my balls.   TD taken from Buffalo.  Benjamin was in the end zone.  Announcers say TD.  Disagree with refs.  Every fucking time they halp NE.  Criminal fucking sport this has become. I saw a clear block in the back on our lineman and they call nothing.  Anything at all the Bills do is called.  Fucking bastard refs.

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

New England sucks my balls.   TD taken from Buffalo.  Benjamin was in the end zone.  Announcers say TD.  Disagree with refs.  Every fucking time they halp NE.  Criminal fucking sport this has become. I saw a clear block in the back on our lineman and they call nothing.  Anything at all the Bills do is called.  Fucking bastard refs.

.........................................Sad

At home with Zeke coming back against a team seemingly missing half its starters. Squadoosh. What a choke job by Dallas. Seattle won the game despite having more penalty yards than offensive yards. A first in NFL history.

Hats off to teams who showed up and played hard when they had nothing to play for - against teams who do/did. Hard fought home wins for the Niners and the Bengals are Christmas gifts to loyal fans.

And congratulations to Eric Dickerson, although he may be overestimating the value of a jersey from Ezekiel Elliott, who is getting paid a lot of money to be absent when his team needs him. Maybe he can find a way to be available for the entire schedule next year.

I feel bad for Bong-Man. Once again Detroit fails. They have the playoffs in their hands and all they have to do is beat a lousy Cincinnati Bungles team.

No need....I kind of enjoyed the 5 penalty melt-down at the end in a twisted way.  My only Lion goal was to have next week's New Years Eve game against the Packers mean something, as I'll be attending.  Now I can spend the week practicing my deepest baritone.  One thing about booing....you rarely lose your voice.

They really didn't have a choice, but the long-term drawback to signing Stafford to that contract is it guarantees roster holes under the salary cap for as long as he's here.  Most teams pay that kind of money AFTER you win something.  

The other teams in the race do not have to go into the Lions den in New England and play them and also have to beat the refs too.    Beating Indy and Cincy is not that big a deal but Baltimore almost blew it.  I am hoping they blow it vs Cincy because I do not know which is worse?  Depending on Cincy to upset Baltimore or Oakland to upset the Chargers.  The Raiders certainly could win that game if they come to play.  I guess we see how they play at Philly.  No doubt they are up against it but 'Foles could make mistakes.  Thank you Rams for beating Tennessee and keeping things realistic for the Bills.  I do think Cincy is more dangerous than Indy right now because Dalton is better than the QB at Indy.

The the guy that says my opinion is sad, go see the damn films and listen to what the CBS crew said.  They said the call would stand and it would be TD Buffalo.  The stinking refs took the wind out of our sails twice  On Benjamin's TD and on the 4th and 1 when we stopped them, and poor Belechick throws the flag and gets his way.  No way did that guy make that first down.  He was stopped  

Will Oakland show up today or will they lie down against the Eagles? These next two games will tell if Jack Del Rio still has the team's attention or if he's lost them. I don't think he's all that great anyway, so I'm hoping for a blowout.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Will Oakland show up today or will they lie down against the Eagles? These next two games will tell if Jack Del Rio still has the team's attention or if he's lost them. I don't think he's all that great anyway, so I'm hoping for a blowout.

They’re hanging tough, so far...

I really hope the Seahawks are looking over their shoulders and seeing L.A., Arizona & SF coming up in their rear view mirror. I'm beginning to feel that Seattle's days of bluster are slowly coming to an end. Seeing all those 'faithful 12's' walking out of the Rams game was nice to see.

10 hours ago, redrum said:

I really hope the Seahawks are looking over their shoulders and seeing L.A., Arizona & SF coming up in their rear view mirror. I'm beginning to feel that Seattle's days of bluster are slowly coming to an end. Seeing all those 'faithful 12's' walking out of the Rams game was nice to see.

Well the Rams have won the division.  Atlanta and Carolina now looms to be huge.  I now have some hope that the Raiders can beat the Chargers to help the Bills get in.  But it sure would be nice to have Cincy knock off Baltimore.  Possible.  What worries me is Jacksonville is all set.  They can not move up or down so I wonder if Marone will tank the last game to stick it to us one more time?  Bastard.  If Baltimore were to lose we control our own destiny.  If not we need Chargers and Titans to lose. 

30 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well the Rams have won the division.  Atlanta and Carolina now looms to be huge. 

I don't want the Seahawks in the playoffs. They just annoy the hell out of me.

17 teams this year with winning records. A damn site better than last year.

As far as available healthy QBs, http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr ranks Case Keenum above Brady, who has practically already been handed the league MVP award.

Keenum (un-drafted free agent) x Thielen (un-drafted free agent) + competent coaching = 12-3. Nice...

Meanwhile, the Eagles without Wentz are starting to resemble the Packers without Rodgers. The Eagles were lucky to beat the Giants and Raiders.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/12/26/hayes-detroit-lions-coach-jim-caldwells-hot-seat-tied-racism/982635001/

Just Wow !  I'm sure being caught 4 times during the year without 11 men on the field has nothing to do with it....or going for a 4th and 6 instead of kicking a field goal for the lead on the road when you already failed to score on 3 plays from the 1 yard line....or running on 1st and 2nd down for 4 series in a row against Cinci when you haven't been able to run the ball all year !  Or that you've proven yourself to be a conservative hard-head time and time again with little to no football imagination whatsoever.....or that he couldn't inspire a frog to jump !!.... or that once he's fired not a single NFL team will show any interest in hiring him based on what they've already seen.

On 12/24/2017 at 2:34 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

But New England won by THREE touchdowns.  You can have the 1 back if it makes a difference. New England soundly outplayed Buffalo in the 2nd half.  First half was mostly all Buffalo.. New England adjusted for the 2nd half.. and  that’s the difference. There are shitty calls all over the league.  When they go New England’s way it makes National headlines.. When they go against The Patriots... crickets... or “good they cheat anyway”.  It’s a joke.. 

4 hours ago, the chase said:

But New England won by THREE touchdowns.  You can have the 1 back if it makes a difference. New England soundly outplayed Buffalo in the 2nd half.  First half was mostly all Buffalo.. New England adjusted for the 2nd half.. and  that’s the difference. There are shitty calls all over the league.  When they go New England’s way it makes National headlines.. When they go against The Patriots... crickets... or “good they cheat anyway”.  It’s a joke.. 

This. +1

6 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/12/26/hayes-detroit-lions-coach-jim-caldwells-hot-seat-tied-racism/982635001/

Just Wow !  I'm sure being caught 4 times during the year without 11 men on the field has nothing to do with it....or going for a 4th and 6 instead of kicking a field goal for the lead on the road when you already failed to score on 3 plays from the 1 yard line....or running on 1st and 2nd down for 4 series in a row against Cinci when you haven't been able to run the ball all year !  Or that you've proven yourself to be a conservative hard-head time and time again with little to no football imagination whatsoever.....or that he couldn't inspire a frog to jump !!.... or that once he's fired not a single NFL team will show any interest in hiring him based on what they've already seen.

The writer of that article is on crack. 

No, they’ve got bigger fish to fry and nothing to gain.

It was announced a couple of hours ago, they are sitting all significant starters.

49’ers should get their 5th in a row. They’d better sign Jimmy GQ.

10 hours ago, the chase said:

It takes the wind out of your sails when you get screwed on calls like that.  They were in the game.  It was like getting kicked in the teeth

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It takes the wind out of your sails when you get screwed on calls like that.  They were in the game.  It was like getting kicked in the teeth

They’re all great players.. It’s usually the teams that can keep from getting unglued that win. Stay focused for 60 minutes. Plus adjusting at halftime. The Patriots are great at that. 

4 hours ago, the chase said:

They’re all great players.. It’s usually the teams that can keep from getting unglued that win. Stay focused for 60 minutes. Plus adjusting at halftime. The Patriots are great at that. 

I am not pretending the Bills are as good as New England yet.  They will be soon.  After they cash in these picks in April plus given the excellent job the new GM did with the secondary, I am taking the optimistic view.  I think we have more talent than Miami and the Jets.  And we will be the team that gives them hell next year.  But I am not counting out our chances of this wild card.  Prisco, the analyst at CBS gives Cincy a very good shot at upsetting Baltimore.  And the only thing that bothers me is Jacksonville. I am not sure if they will sit all their regulars for this game vs Tennessee and basically tank the game.  Another way for Mahone to stick it to us. I want a shot at knocking Mahone and his Jaguars out. But now Cincy may be our better shot than Tennessee and Chargers both losing.   I do believe the Raiders have a huge shot of beating the Chargers.  Of course we have to beat Miami again.  And New England lost down there.  But I would not trade places with Dallas.

Archived