2017 NFL Thread

Walter

8 hours ago, the chase said:

They’re all great players.. It’s usually the teams that can keep from getting unglued that win. Stay focused for 60 minutes. Plus adjusting at halftime. The Patriots are great at that. 

Absolutely the truth. Brady never loses his cool at crunch time and the coaches have the players full confidence in the adjustments they make.

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am not pretending the Bills are as good as New England yet.  They will be soon.  After they cash in these picks in April plus given the excellent job the new GM did with the secondary, I am taking the optimistic view.  I think we have more talent than Miami and the Jets.  And we will be the team that gives them hell next year.  But I am not counting out our chances of this wild card.  Prisco, the analyst at CBS gives Cincy a very good shot at upsetting Baltimore.  And the only thing that bothers me is Jacksonville. I am not sure if they will sit all their regulars for this game vs Tennessee and basically tank the game.  Another way for Mahone to stick it to us. I want a shot at knocking Mahone and his Jaguars out. But now Cincy may be our better shot than Tennessee and Chargers both losing.   I do believe the Raiders have a huge shot of beating the Chargers.  Of course we have to beat Miami again.  And New England lost down there.  But I would not trade places with Dallas.

Marrone. Marrone. It's Doug MARRONE, Rick.

19 hours ago, Walter said:

No, they’ve got bigger fish to fry and nothing to gain.

It was announced a couple of hours ago, they are sitting all significant starters.

49’ers should get their 5th in a row. They’d better sign Jimmy GQ.

If they do lose, not a good way to enter the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, redrum said:

If they do lose, not a good way to enter the playoffs.

Come on redrum, you didn't just fall off the turnip truck. You've been around enough to know plenty of teams have sat starters for the last game and still gone on to the Super Bowl. Plus, the Rams have a first-round bye so it's not like a loss will have a carry-over effect. They will have two weeks to forget it and prepare for the playoffs.

20 hours ago, Walter said:

49’ers should get their 5th in a row. They’d better sign Jimmy GQ.

I hope all the talk about Cousins becoming a 9er are over.  Finding a good QB is hard enough but JGQ has the potential to be GREAT!!  Lynch and Shannahan have to know this guy is the ticket to 30+ pts. a game.  Now go get the run stopper we need and shore up the D. . The next decade could be super exciting as long as the idiot owner stays out of the way. I was close to giving up with the way the last 4 years went but there are signs of hope:):)  

1 hour ago, Bozoso73 said:

I hope all the talk about Cousins becoming a 9er are over.  Finding a good QB is hard enough but JGQ has the potential to be GREAT!!  Lynch and Shannahan have to know this guy is the ticket to 30+ pts. a game.  Now go get the run stopper we need and shore up the D. . The next decade could be super exciting as long as the idiot owner stays out of the way. I was close to giving up with the way the last 4 years went but there are signs of hope:):)  

That "Cousins to 49ers" talk died among rational people long ago. I listen to Tony Kornheiser's podcast every day (he's DC-based), and by the second win, Mr. Tony said all talk of Cousins going to San Francisco was silly. Yes, the 49ers still have to sign Jimmy Garoppolo and with every win his price goes up. But they will still get him cheaper than what Kirk Cousins will be asking.

1 hour ago, Bozoso73 said:

Agreed. From a Cowboys fan no less.

20 hours ago, Walter said:

Agreed. From a Cowboys fan no less.

So do you believe if the Cowboys do not lose their star back for all that time they get in?  What position do they draft first?  As for the Bills, I do not find it a huge stretch of them getting in.  Beating Miami is certainly doable.  Cincy beating Baltimore is possible.  Prisco picks Baltimore by 1 point but just does not have the balls to pick Cincy outright though he believes it may happen.  But I believe our other scenario is better, at least on paper.  We win, the Raiders beat the Chargers and the Jags beat Tennessee. My biggest worry is Jacksonville sitting the star players and I wonder if Doug Mahone will do it to stick it to the Bills one last time?  I just cant see him benching Bortles for the whole game.  One half might be enough with their D to take this game.  And that could put us in. All of the games concerning Buffalo are at 400 pm.  So they will not be eliminated when they take the field.  It will be tough not to watch the scoreboard.  And early TD by Cincy or Jacksonville might give them a lift.

23 hours ago, Strider said:

Come on redrum, you didn't just fall off the turnip truck. You've been around enough to know plenty of teams have sat starters for the last game and still gone on to the Super Bowl. Plus, the Rams have a first-round bye so it's not like a loss will have a carry-over effect. They will have two weeks to forget it and prepare for the playoffs.

If it'll give the 49ers a win, then by all means.

4 hours ago, redrum said:

If it'll give the 49ers a win, then by all means.

It appears they now draft 5th instead of 2nd though.  So it would be wise of them to trade their pick to Buffalo for two number ones.   And if necessary for us to get the deal, we toss in a number two.  We have 3 picks at least in round two to my knowledge.  Two in the first.  I expect the Bills to offer SF those picks to get QB.  SF does not need one and can better their team by making the deal.  We both win

Cotton Bowl. I remember the Cotton Bowl being an outdoor stadium. When did it change to a boring dome?

Ohio St. - 24

USC - 7

I can't believe I wasted my Friday night for this dud of a game. USC looked as lifeless and dull as they did against Notre Dame. Leave it to coach Clay Helton to underwhelm in a big game...USC looked like just another dumb slow Big 10 team.

And spare me the Sam Darnold #1 pick talk. There is nothing I have seen from Sam Darnold that leads me to believe he can be a franchise quarterback in the NFL. He is slow and his arm doesn't look that strong. He isn't even in Matt Leinart's class, and Leinart was never more than a journeyman in the NFL.  Any team wasting their #1 pick on Darnold is in for a rude awakening.

Oh baby!!!!!   Cincy up 14-3 on Baltimore.  Bills up 10-0 at the half.  If these two scores hold up we make the playoffs for first time since the music city miracle in 1999.  Pre 911 world.   A post Jim Kelly world.   A Buffalo Bills world!!!!!   Lets go Bills and Bengals.  :hurrah:Raiders doing ok and alive and Jacksonville only down one score.  I thought that was our better chance.  Now Cincy seems to be our best shot.  Must give them credit for not quitting.

If we can get in its a trip to either KC or Jacksonville.  As much as I want Mahone's head on a platter, I feel great about our chances if we wind up in KC.  We own their bitch ass's there

Brenda Walsh chokes again. You get what you deserve Seattle for letting a good kicker get away and then signing the kicker who choked against you in a playoff game. 

Baltimore chokes and will wonders never cease...Buffalo is finally in the playoffs again after 19 years. Rick will be hammered tonight.

2 hours ago, Walter said:

What a fuckin joke that miami is playing their practice squad qb.  McCoy gone....

Ankle sprain.  That is gone?  Not sure.  I would not count us out vs Jacksonville.  But regardless, season is a huge success.  A team predicted to win 5 gets in and has a boatload of picks in April.  Strider, your fucking Raiders suck my balls.  I thought 9 was a gift.  They are headed to Vegas.  I want to kick Mahone's ass to make the season complete.  I know we are not going to the Super Bowl.  But this puts the music city miracle in the history books.  McDermott will not be remembered for his blunder of benching Tyrod but for his fixing this secondary.  And getting us in in his first year.  The future is bright.  A ton of draft picks in April and the 49ers would be crazy to not trade down to grab two first round picks and maybe a 2nd on top to build up their team fast and the Bills draft their future QB regardless if Tyrod stays.  Taylor can really be a nightmare to defenses.  Sure he over threw that guy in the end zone.  But he has been more good than bad. New Englands days are numbered.  Very numbered.  I like the Rams over Atlanta. And love Titans over KC.  I was hoping we got KC in some ways but would much rather out the Jags, Mahone.  But without Shady?  Tough.  What a play by Dalton and the Bengals.  The Bills need to send them a gift.   I may

On 12/28/2017 at 4:20 PM, Strider said:

The Rams wish they had a first round bye. They have 6 days to prepare for a team who didn't take the week off and just bested another dangerous team. While I suspect the Rams are still the better team, the value of momentum shouldn't be underestimated. Choosing to give that up out of fear, not stay the course and risk losing focus is not in general a winning formula.

1 hour ago, Badgeholder Still said:

The Rams wish they had a first round bye. They have 6 days to prepare for a team who didn't take the week off and just bested another dangerous team. While I suspect the Rams are still the better team, the value of momentum shouldn't be underestimated. Choosing to give that up out of fear, not stay the course and risk losing focus is not in general a winning formula.

There was some team waaay back and their name began with Ra. No not the Rams. I forget who they were. Wildcard team. On the road each week. Some quarterback named Jim. You're right. Momentum should never be underestimated. That team won the Super Bowl that year.

I remember some dude named Howie Long.

Archived