2017 NFL Thread

Walter

^^ It looked to me like he thought he was gonna commit pass interference and swung out to avoid him - while taking out his teammate. Even if he took the penalty, it would’ve been a looong field goal. Anyway, over and done for the memory bank.

Looking forward to seeing this young and brash Jacksonville defense against the vaunted and so many tiered offense of the Pats and of course Tom Brady.  

Minny and Philly will be a defensive scrum. 9-5 feel....  Pulling for Minny because I hate Philly.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

WORST PLAY BY A SAFETY. EVER.

Well, it was really an understandable play that had unforeseeable tragic consequences for the Saints.

With 20/20 hindsight, yes, take the damn pass interference penalty. But, even then, with the play occurring as it did, everything had to go just right for it to end up as a touchdown. The catch was relatively straightforward, but the receiver anticipated contact, anticipation that almost made him fall of his own accord. After somehow staying on his feet, he then was able to pull off the next important detail and not fall out of bounds - he wasn't very far at all from doing just that. Once he stayed in, he was able to outrun the rest. The first and the last bit, easy - the middle two bits could have prevented the score from occurring.

Still, it's plays like that that make the games worth watching. :)

21 hours ago, Walter said:

^^ It looked to me like he thought he was gonna commit pass interference and swung out to avoid him - while taking out his teammate. Even if he took the penalty, it would’ve been a looong field goal. Anyway, over and done for the memory bank.

Looking forward to seeing this young and brash Jacksonville defense against the vaunted and so many tiered offense of the Pats and of course Tom Brady.  

Minny and Philly will be a defensive scrum. 9-5 feel....  Pulling for Minny because I hate Philly.

I am with you on this.  I am all in with the Vikings.  And I agree that trying to avoid pass interference is the likely scenario.  It does not take much to get the Zebra's to throw a damn flag.  They are trigger happy when it comes down to it. They have taken over the game far too often.  But New England is not complaining.  I cannot remember the last time a call cost them a game  It all started with that bullshit call in the snowy Raiders game years back.  The Minny Miracle is one that went my way.  But then there was the extra point that was never attempted  Unreal.  I was hoping they were going to walk in a two pointer making all of us that bet the Vikings happy. I got a push.  

The Eagles are going to be hell bent on trying to win this game on defense.  But Minnesota has their own defense and they must come in there ready to hammer everything in sight. Get to Foles early and often. 

I have mixed feelings on the other game.  I want New England to lose but at the same time I cannot stand Marone.  But I would prefer a Pats loss.  Its possible if the refs do not take Jacksonville out of the game like they did Tennessee.  Call an honest game for once.

On 1/17/2018 at 3:05 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am with you on this.  I am all in with the Vikings.  And I agree that trying to avoid pass interference is the likely scenario.  It does not take much to get the Zebra's to throw a damn flag.  They are trigger happy when it comes down to it. They have taken over the game far too often.  But New England is not complaining.  I cannot remember the last time a call cost them a game  It all started with that bullshit call in the snowy Raiders game years back.  The Minny Miracle is one that went my way.  But then there was the extra point that was never attempted  Unreal.  I was hoping they were going to walk in a two pointer making all of us that bet the Vikings happy. I got a push.  

The Eagles are going to be hell bent on trying to win this game on defense.  But Minnesota has their own defense and they must come in there ready to hammer everything in sight. Get to Foles early and often. 

I have mixed feelings on the other game.  I want New England to lose but at the same time I cannot stand Marone.  But I would prefer a Pats loss.  Its possible if the refs do not take Jacksonville out of the game like they did Tennessee.  Call an honest game for once.

Do you honestly think the refs cost Tennessee that game?  The Patriots were clearly superior in personnel and scheme. So if you take away the penalty, maybe New England wins only 35-17 or 35-20 instead of 35-14.

Pittsburgh fired their Offensive Coordinator. Which anyone who saw Pittsburgh's weird play-calling, especially on 4th down, expected to happen.

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Do you honestly think the refs cost Tennessee that game?  The Patriots were clearly superior in personnel and scheme. So if you take away the penalty, maybe New England wins only 35-17 or 35-20 instead of 35-14.

Pittsburgh fired their Offensive Coordinator. Which anyone who saw Pittsburgh's weird play-calling, especially on 4th down, expected to happen.

We will never know because there were two calls in close proximity that killed their spirit.   They  don't need the refs to help them but they keep doing it.  

Who even knows about Brady and to what extent would it bother him anyway. A little pain relief and a glove and he’s good as new. 

The two Vikings’ injuries are more of an issue, IMO.  Thielen missing on offense would be huge and their safety Asendejo is major factor as well...

17 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Another gift bullshit call by refs to NE.  No way was that pass interference.  Fucking unreal the breaks they get.  I am hoping the Vikings win.  So they can dispose of them

Stop blaming the refs. They had nothing to do with this win...they called it evenly for both sides. New England won fair and square.

If the fix was truly in then the refs would have overturned that call that gave the Lewis turnover to Jacksonville. But they didn't and ot looked as if the Patriots' goose was cooked. All the Jags had to do was score and they make it a two-score game. But they blew it.

Brady, Amendola and the Patriot defense did the rest. Great acrobatic TD catch by Amendola. Great acrobatic defensive play on the Jags 4th down play to save the win.

Brady going to his eighth Super Bowl. G.O.A.T.

20 minutes ago, Strider said:

Stop blaming the refs. They had nothing to do with this win...they called it evenly for both sides. New England won fair and square.

If the fix was truly in then the refs would have overturned that call that gave the Lewis turnover to Jacksonville. But they didn't and ot looked as if the Patriots' goose was cooked. All the Jags had to do was score and they make it a two-score game. But they blew it.

Brady, Amendola and the Patriot defense did the rest. Great acrobatic TD catch by Amendola. Great acrobatic defensive play on the Jags 4th down play to save the win.

Yeah!

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Are you serious? Did you see that play?  It was NOT pass interference and it was HUGE>  It was the game winning score it set up.  Your own team lost to them on a shit call or don't you remember that one?

17 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Another gift bullshit call by refs to NE.  No way was that pass interference.  Fucking unreal the breaks they get.  I am hoping the Vikings win.  So they can dispose of them

Again and again you prove what a fucking dope you are,.....:rant:

25 minutes ago, Anjin-san said:

Again and again you prove what a fucking dope you are,.....:rant:

So I will bite. You really think that was pass interference?  Romo and the announcing crew did not. I mean the deep ball on the sideline that set up the game winner.  Oh, I forgot, you are  NE fan so your opinion is biased 

Archived