2017 NFL Thread

Walter

18 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I didn't check my picks--but aside from the Jags--nothing shocking as far as final results. Maybe I am looking forward to Week 2 and whoever the Patriots play & see if they bounce back or has "Father Time" finally caught up with Brady like some have been saying for the last several years. 

At any rate, no reason to get too excited after one week...

I think I heard they go to New Orleans.  Not sure how tough that will be but if their secondary has true problems, Breese could light them up.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings

5 hours ago, redrum said:

SF off to a roaring start. <_<

What did you expect.  All you need is a time machine and Joe Montana.   We get Carolina next week.  Should be a real tests for this new secondary of ours.  And we will see if McCoy can have a good day down there.  That dumb ass Incognito needs to stop getting called on penalties.  Other than that, when healthy the offensive line is pretty good on this Buffalo team.

18 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

What an awful O line the Giants have. It was painful to watch. This season is going to suck.

Lots of Giants fans at the stadium yesterday.  The tailgate scene was awsome !

PicsArt_09-10-07.44.45.jpg

20170910_182811.jpg

Well its always gutsy cheering on the enemy in an enemy stadium.  I went to Philly once and did that.  Lucky to get out alive.  Bonger, your boys got some big play from this Gollaway.  I knew the Lions would come roaring back.   That is their style.  So our coach brings his new Bills down to Carolina to play his old team.  And Philly goes to KC to play their old coach Andy Reid. Some interesting story lines for week 2

Houston has to be the biggest embarrassment of Week One. You are at home. JJ Watt has the crowd pumped up. You are playing the godawful Jags, ferchrissakes. And you get demolished! 😮

It's clear Houston's coach has no clue what he's doing. Once again he's playing Quarterback Carousel...messing with their psyches and any chance of continuity. He's gotta be the first coach to be fired this season.

I'm surprised the NFL didn't have a game in New York scheduled for tonight. The NFL usually never miss a chance to link themselves with the military and the flag, so to let Sept. 11 pass without having one of the Monday Night games be in New York is odd. Either Jets-Bills or Giants-Cowboys could have been in New York instead of on the road.

But then, zepscoda wouldn't have been able to tailgait. Nice photos, z!

My boys have one thing going for them.  We have our new coach who coached for the team we are playing at this week.  McDermott knows what they will do.  Our big concern is whether week one was a fluke or if this new young secondary is for real.  If they are for real, we have  a  very good front 4 and Jerry Hughes is a beast.  Our O line is good and we can run with McCoy.  Led the NFL in rushing and that is big.  I really think both my teams will surprise.   Bills and Rams will both be better than predicted.  Will be interesting to see if Breese can light up the New England secondary?  I think the Lions will kick the Giants  ass.

Paul, if you happen to read this, I just don't get why you would pick against your team in a game where they have a shot?

I think the Lions will kick the Giants  ass

I went to last week's game against the Cardinals.  One game doesn't make a season, but I was reluctantly impressed.  We made 2nd half adjustments and came out and kicked their ass.  Very unlion-like.  I think some of the pundits have under-estimated our youth that stepped up at the end of last year.  We actually have some young depth at various positions.  However now that I praised them, you'd probably all be smart to take the Giants.   

4 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I went to last week's game against the Cardinals.  One game doesn't make a season, but I was reluctantly impressed.  We made 2nd half adjustments and came out and kicked their ass.  Very unlion-like.  I think some of the pundits have under-estimated our youth that stepped up at the end of last year.  We actually have some young depth at various positions.  However now that I praised them, you'd probably all be smart to take the Giants.   

This kid Galloway might be the real deal.  And to hell with the Staffords critics.  I love the guy.  Great QB. Giants are going down.

Yo Chase, if your boys win, Brady will need to find a new weapon.  Even though the Saints D is not exactly imposing.  This could b a shootout.  Like 38-35.  Tough to say but you may find out how big the problems in NE secondary are.  You have one major one.  His name is Gilmore.  I think he got hurt? A blessing for you guys.  The guy has killed us s many times I lost count.  But he also killed us on a kickoff fumble vs New England.  The man sucks.  Have no idea why Billy boy wanted him?

Vegas has the NE/NO game at 56 on the O?U

Cincinnati got shut out at home last week. Houston flopped embarrassingly at home to the pathetic Jaguars.

Therefore, tonight's Houston at Cincinnati matchup has got to be the worst Thursday Night game in a history filled with horrible Thursday Night games. It should be mandatory viewing for insomniacs.

9 hours ago, Strider said:

I've always said Marvin Lewis is a terrible coach.

I say first to get fired. They were supposed to take a big step forward last year.  Instead they tanked  They were very good two years ago.  He has messed it up.  I would fire him now and try and save the season because they do have some talent

Rookie Jones drops what would have been game winner at the 1 yard line on last play.  But Bills walk away with much to love.  Defense lights out.  The offensive pass interference call on last drive was a killer.  And I think he sold the ref.  See the replay. No way should that have been called.

Archived