Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Strider

LED ZEPPELIN'S 50th ANNIVERSARY PLANS?

13 hours ago, Brigante said:

This is why, according to Kevin Shirley, Robert had various 'ad-libs - the baby, baby, babys' removed during the TSRTS remix.
Mind you, Shirley also said that when they got to ‘Does anyone remember laughter?’, Robert 'winced and asked if we could delete it.
I said, ‘No, you can’t erase that, it’s what people remember, part of history!’ So he very reluctantly allowed me to keep it in.'
THAT'S how picky Robert is with his vocals..

Does that mean that if they release a 1977 show Plant would have them take out when he said "Does anyone remember . . . Forests ??!!".  That was hilarious.  Plant making fun of himself.

A little depressing. 65 in a few months and hoping I live to get all the planned releases, plus Mark Lewison's volume 2 of his Beatles saga. God for the days when time had no meaning.

Posted (edited)

I remember the excitement during the lead up the Stones 50th anniversary, culminating in the announcement of the four London & New York dates. There were fears the band would never play together again due to Keith's book, and his seemingly very frail physical condition.

Here we are 6 years later and they're still going strong, starting another tour. Granted, they are an oldies act now and have been for a long time, with their last release in 2005.

Sadly, I feel none of the same with the impending Zeppelin anniversary. And not just because there's 0% chance of any concerts being announced. If anything is released it will just be another rehash of already available material. This brings me to another area where the Stones are considerably better, the release of live shows, warts and all. The 'From the Vault' series has been great, with consistent releases every few months. Now, if only Jimmy and co would sign off on a similar series - they would sell like hotcakes.

Edited by tom kid

Okay, so nearly half way through the anniversary year and so far we've had the announcement of a book and a hint of new music from Jimmy.

Checked Plant's tour itinerary and it's pretty constant but he has no gigs listed between Aug 2 and middle of September 14:

Tipsport Arena
PARDUBICE, CZECHIA
Aug 1, 2018
Junge Garde
DRESDEN, GERMANY
Sep 15, 2018
Telluride Blues & Brews Festival

So is this when we might see some activity? Is this why Plant's left it free or just coincidence?

At the Other Place it says that there will be a "led Zep 50th anniversary fireworks partay" at the Cleveland Indians' match on the 14th July. Unless Page has suddenly developed a hitherto unsuspected interest in baseball, I'll assume it's been done off the sports team's initiative.

Posted (edited)
On 14 June 2018 at 2:09 PM, Boleskinner said:

Okay, so nearly half way through the anniversary year and so far we've had the announcement of a book and a hint of new music from Jimmy.

Checked Plant's tour itinerary and it's pretty constant but he has no gigs listed between Aug 2 and middle of September 14:

Tipsport Arena
PARDUBICE, CZECHIA
Aug 1, 2018
Junge Garde
DRESDEN, GERMANY
Sep 15, 2018
Telluride Blues & Brews Festival

So is this when we might see some activity? Is this why Plant's left it free or just coincidence?

Robert''s final leg U.S tour goes through until Sept 23rd with a (current) final two end-October dates (with Van Morrion) last week of October. Therefore unlikely to see much 'in person' action,involving Robert at least,until Nov-Dec.

Edited by Mark Williams