LED ZEPPELIN'S 50th ANNIVERSARY PLANS?

Strider

On 1/17/2018 at 8:34 AM, Urozep said:

I have no idea who the other new chap is. But my source is very solid- even encountered the gentleman after the rehearsal/recording. I truly believe this is real but no idea what product is.  Also plausible that RP nixes the entire idea if it doesn't " feel right"  (as he has many times before). I can tell you though that they did play and apparently JP and RP were at the BCC show

Your source unnamed and no pics or concrete proof - how do you expect us to believe you?

17 hours ago, mstork said:

A studio would also be a logical place to listen to recordings.  Say, live Zeppelin recordings from the 70’s that will be released in 2018 maybe?  Just sayin’...

If the guys were in the studio, mstork is probably on the money. They were listening to what Jimmy has planned for release (Live stuff). Maybe even giving their thoughts on the mix?

Reunion? No chance.

Finish incomplete song(s)? Next to no chance.

11 hours ago, Urozep said:

Plant is famous for  this type  of doublespeak.

Plant was asked by host Kyle Meredith whether he would record with Jimmy Page again to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of Led Zeppelin.

“No, I don’t know, I have no idea. I don’t, I don’t,”

Translation:  "That is a band matter and you are not in the band."

Plant continued. “...it’s not even within my countenance to imagine it really.”

Translation:  "I cannot imagine me being able to meet the expectations required of being the front man of LZ-   I can't hang."

Meredith noted that many people hold Led Zeppelin close to their heart. “Yeah, me too,” Plant said. “Nobody more than me. But I don’t want to do it a disservice, either.

Better suited for AK anyway, she is such a sweet soul for taking RPs calls.  He can pseudo croon all he wants and know he won't be doing her a disservice.

People give JP crap for reworking LZ albums, well RP lives off their music still and has for decades and recrafted them due to his limitations.  His set list has been pretty much LZ juke box covers for longer than I care to remember.  Can't sing with LZ because of the expectations.  Crooner.

I listened to the interview as well. Double speak again!! He is so conflicted--- I think he can do it physically albeit they would change the keys of the songs as they did on Celebration Day. Heck-- still sounds good to me!, His tone on acoustic songs on Carry Fire is quite lovely and would suit JP very well. I actually a, more concerned about JP-- has maybe played in public once in many years and is now in his mid seventies

On 1/17/2018 at 1:55 AM, Realperson said:

New poster here. I have heard nothing specific with respect to the use of a studio and when, but I did hear (can’t say how) that one of things being explored by the group to be released for the 50th was new songs or a song. Just passing it on. No idea if that comes to fruition

Ridiculous!

On 1/17/2018 at 10:34 PM, Urozep said:

I have no idea who the other new chap is. But my source is very solid- even encountered the gentleman after the rehearsal/recording. I truly believe this is real but no idea what product is.  Also plausible that RP nixes the entire idea if it doesn't " feel right"  (as he has many times before). I can tell you though that they did play and apparently JP and RP were at the BCC show

FAKE news!

5 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

In the world of Led Zeppelin, I've learned to never say never.

I mean the Ahmet concert came out of literally nowhere.

We shall see what unfolds.

This is a very good point. Few knew of the LA / Long Beach tapes before HTWWW either. Page likes springing surprises, so I'm still hopeful. Steve, this is your cue to post the "what are you retarded" clip you always post when this topic comes up... :flyakite:

15 hours ago, 76229 said:

This is a very good point. Few knew of the LA / Long Beach tapes before HTWWW either. Page likes springing surprises, so I'm still hopeful. Steve, this is your cue to post the "what are you retarded" clip you always post when this topic comes up... :flyakite:

On January 21, 2018 at 8:36 AM, Dallas Knebs said:

Plant was asked by host Kyle Meredith whether he would record with Jimmy Page again to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of Led Zeppelin.

“No, I don’t know, I have no idea. I don’t, I don’t,”

Translation:  "That is a band matter and you are not in the band."

Plant continued. “...it’s not even within my countenance to imagine it really.”

Translation:  "I cannot imagine me being able to meet the expectations required of being the front man of LZ-   I can't hang."

Meredith noted that many people hold Led Zeppelin close to their heart. “Yeah, me too,” Plant said. “Nobody more than me. But I don’t want to do it a disservice, either.

Better suited for AK anyway, she is such a sweet soul for taking RPs calls.  He can pseudo croon all he wants and know he won't be doing her a disservice.

People give JP crap for reworking LZ albums, well RP lives off their music still and has for decades and recrafted them due to his limitations.  His set list has been pretty much LZ juke box covers for longer than I care to remember.  Can't sing with LZ because of the expectations.  Crooner.

Nailed it! Did anyone notice at around 2 mins into the interview Plant makes a snickering comment about Hermans Hermits? Is he still taking shots at JPJ after all these years? I also like how the interviewer tells Plant that his "solo career has proven over and over again that he's not a one trick pony" and then gently asks if he'd "ever record with Page again", and Plant responds with his convoluted sarcasm (that only he gets) and more snickering. Not cool...

1 hour ago, blindwillie127 said:

Nailed it! Did anyone notice at around 2 mins into the interview Plant makes a snickering comment about Hermans Hermits? Is he still taking shots at JPJ after all these years? I also like how the interviewer tells Plant that his "solo career has proven over and over again that he's not a one trick pony" and then gently asks if he'd "ever record with Page again", and Plant responds with his convoluted sarcasm (that only he gets) and more snickering. Not cool...

It's just another boring Plant interview in support of another boring Plant solo album. These days, try as he does, he's about as edgy as a back issue of People magazine. 

Edited by SteveAJones

26 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

It's just another boring Plant interview in support of another boring Plant solo album. These days, try as he does, he's about as edgy as a back issue of People magazine. 

and the usual predictable and boring response to any Plant interview.

As others have speculated this may be the chronological live set Jimmy has pretty consistently mentioned in interviews in the past.  Could this (text highlighted below in bold) be a subtle hint from today's jimmypage.com post?  I know nothing about this show although I am about to check youtube for it now...

"On this day in 1973, I played the Old Refectory at Southampton University. It gave us an opportunity to play some of the newly recorded material live that was to be eventually released on Houses of the Holy. The audience celebrated our show with much enthusiasm and beer from the Refectory bar. This evening was recorded."

28 minutes ago, SymphonyX said:

I'm sure there is a Jimmy Page on this planet who got married today but not James Patrick Page.

What do you see ? I dont see anything Trending that mentions married

Nevermind. I think it was fake news or a hoax.  There were two tweets posted from yesterday saying "Jimmy Page" was engaged and then got married, and they ended up quoted on a website that appears to be fake gossip site....If you google his name and "married" you might be able to find the fake article if it's still up....

20 hours ago, blindwillie127 said:

I get his sarcasm & generally find his sense of humour to be right up my street.

After 40 years of being asked the same questions, laughing at the interviewers would probably be my response too. 

Edited by Mook

14 hours ago, Darth Hoek said:

As others have speculated this may be the chronological live set Jimmy has pretty consistently mentioned in interviews in the past.  Could this (text highlighted below in bold) be a subtle hint from today's jimmypage.com post?  I know nothing about this show although I am about to check youtube for it now...

"On this day in 1973, I played the Old Refectory at Southampton University. It gave us an opportunity to play some of the newly recorded material live that was to be eventually released on Houses of the Holy. The audience celebrated our show with much enthusiasm and beer from the Refectory bar. This evening was recorded."

Southampton Refectory has been widely available for about ten years now, a professional recording it maybe but the performance is not that good, a slightly off night some may say..

2 hours ago, Mook said:

I get his sarcasm & generally find his sense of humour to be right up my street.

After years of 40 years of being asked the same questions, laughing at the interviewers would probably be my response too. 

:goodpost: