Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Roflcopterz

Out of the Tiles??

I have an old zeppelin iii album and noticed that it says "OUT OF THE TILES" as opposed the the actual name "OUT ON THE TILES". just curious if anyone has any information about when these were pressed as I cant find anything online about it. 

Unless you can provide better information, my money is on it being a fake, something that was fairly common in many foreign markets.

On 3/25/2017 at 8:20 PM, Pb! said:

We need details, specifically the country, catalog and matrix numbers.

Ok so on the sleeve of the album it says "Atlantic SD 19128". On the vinyl itself it has "SD 7201" and what i believe to be "7ZC-T" etched into it. It also says "manufactured and distributed by wea music of canada, ltd. a warner communications company". I hope that information proves useful.

Is the mistake on the album cover or label?

The 19128 catalog number is from the 1977 reissue. The 7201 number is on the original from 1970, but WEA did not exist until 1974. It's possible someone switched out the original cover, or maybe they had some leftover 7201 discs when they printed the new covers.

You can look here for more information.

53 minutes ago, Pb! said:

Is the mistake on the album cover or label?

The 19128 catalog number is from the 1977 reissue. The 7201 number is on the original from 1970, but WEA did not exist until 1974. It's possible someone switched out the original cover, or maybe they had some leftover 7201 discs when they printed the new covers.

You can look here for more information.

mistake is on the label. I think it is likely that the disc was a leftover and was used in the reissue album cover.