New EV DVD collection

ohjimmy

Fisheads has this new DVD title from EV......"History Lessons".  I've picked up "Assamblage I + ll" and "The Film Archive" in the past and they are both great. Most of the footage can be found on YouTube but it'd be nice to have everything in one place.

Over 17 hrs of footage? Would be nice to get a list of what's on this but can't find any info.

- History Lesson (Various) 6 Dual Layer DVDs + 1 Single Layer DVD  - Ltd Ed Deluxe Box Set with Obi and large insert listing all sources. This set features 17+ Hours of Content!! Each DVD set is housed in special paper cases and is enclosed in an exquisite Ltd Ed box. Empress Valley Label   $115 + Ship -

45 minutes ago, ohjimmy said:

Fisheads has this new DVD title from EV......"History Lessons".  I've picked up "Assamblage I + ll" and "The Film Archive" in the past and they are both great. Most of the footage can be found on YouTube but it'd be nice to have everything in one place.

Over 17 hrs of footage? Would be nice to get a list of what's on this but can't find any info.

- History Lesson (Various) 6 Dual Layer DVDs + 1 Single Layer DVD  - Ltd Ed Deluxe Box Set with Obi and large insert listing all sources. This set features 17+ Hours of Content!! Each DVD set is housed in special paper cases and is enclosed in an exquisite Ltd Ed box. Empress Valley Label   $115 + Ship -

$115 ? Madness, what a rip off...Especially when everything is available for free via Torrent sites... or the low quality option via YouTube.....Why pay when there is no need...Madness I say, Madness...Most of it is shite anyway.......Assemblage is utter crap...

19 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Everything that's available is already out. 

And will be until something insane comes out of it's hiding place, which it will eventually. 

It always does...

Page has already stated that there ain't nothing left. If there was it would have been included on the DVD years ago.Though it wouldn't surprise me that he re masters that DVD just to extract an extra nickle out of the legacy

19 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Everything that's available is already out. 

And will be until something insane comes out of it's hiding place, which it will eventually. 

It always does...

Like the rumoured but never verified bootleg of the Denver 1968 show.

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Page has already stated that there ain't nothing left. If there was it would have been included on the DVD years ago.Though it wouldn't surprise me that he re masters that DVD just to extract an extra nickle out of the legacy

To think of it now, there's no way he doesn't have his own treasure trove of Zeppelin we don't know of. He used to record loads of shows on his own to show the band and improve on their performance.

Had his own video camera too, the chance of him not having his own stuff is slim

Im interested to see of the Seattle 77 bit is the Stairway thru Rock and Roll clip. If it is I pray it has lossless audio as Im pretty sure only lossy audio exists of that clip. Also just because it's on YouTube doesnt mean jackshit. YouTube compresses everything to the point where even HD looks bad. I'd be happy to see the Landover and Greensboro 77 clips in better quality, assuming they arent YouTube rips.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 7:12 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Well, the remastered Earls Court footage on the DVD set in 2003 looked and sounded great so a complete remastered DVD/Blu_Ray release of Earls Court is not impossible.  It would certainly make a great package along with an audio release  - like they did with Celebration. One can only live in hope. :-)

On 4/13/2017 at 8:05 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Or the film of the Central Park  gig in 1969 that some dude reckoned he had which never surfaced. I wonder what happened to that? Last i heard he was syncing the audio and that was years ago

Lawyers shut that one down.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a question...The listing for the Peter Grant interview on OGWT (1971-04-08) would appear to be incorrect. This would likely be the "24 Hours - Bootleg Records" BBC special from 1971-08-04. The question is this: is this available anywhere else? I can't find it anywhere. A minor thing maybe, but I have to have it all! Here is a pic from that interview:

petergrant_71_uktv1.jpg

9 hours ago, SM7609 said:

Here's a question...The listing for the Peter Grant interview on OGWT (1971-04-08) would appear to be incorrect. This would likely be the "24 Hours - Bootleg Records" BBC special from 1971-08-04. The question is this: is this available anywhere else? I can't find it anywhere. A minor thing maybe, but I have to have it all! Here is a pic from that interview:

petergrant_71_uktv1.jpg

The footage is 7 min 50 sec on this DVD. It's the entire segment with Grant included.

This collection has EVERYTHING....many upgrades. 

11 hours ago, ohjimmy said:

The footage is 7 min 50 sec on this DVD. It's the entire segment with Grant included.

This collection has EVERYTHING....many upgrades. 

You got one?!? That's awesome!! I'm hoping that it is, uh, made available somewhere for those of us without access to it. I now think I need this rather desperately!!!

22 hours ago, SM7609 said:

petergrant_71_uktv1.jpg

Is that Parky interviewing him?

1 hour ago, SM7609 said:

Could be! Here is a clip from the same documentary. Is that Parkinson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olk5yQdmlR4

That clip on Floyd is not part of this footage (aside from the first 30 seconds). Only  the first 8 min of the doc (which includes all of the Grant footage) are part of this collection.

If you are a hard core Zep vid collector then this is the one. It's a bit pricey but well worth it IMHO.It has everything in one place and many upgrades and properly  synced footage (for the most part). I'd of organized the packaging a bit better if I were EV but it's not too bad. 

Sorry can't answer the Parkinson question. He doesn't say his name during the segment and you hardly see his face.

cheers

On 5/21/2017 at 5:19 PM, Balthazor said:

I won this on eBay yesterday for $96. I'm very much hoping it's more than just a bunch of YouTube rips like "The Film Archive" was. That would annoy me.

From everything I'm hearing, it isn't stuff ripped from Youtube...but I would have to imagine that SOME of it has to be, no?

1 hour ago, SM7609 said:

From everything I'm hearing, it isn't stuff ripped from Youtube...but I would have to imagine that SOME of it has to be, no?

That would be great, if it isn't YouTube stuff. If the eBay seller ever gets around to shipping the damn thing I would find out.

16 hours ago, SM7609 said:

Not at all... The bits I checked out appeared to have come from the source or close to it. For example, New York 1973 does not have that ticker info appearing at the bottom as in its first release on unofficial video releases. Overall, it is well put together even if it is pricey.

I can't imagine any fan being disappointed in this collection. For $100 you get 17 hrs of upgraded footage all in one place......and you get everything currently available.  These are NOT burns from YouTube and there are no watermarks like on the "The Film Archives" or "Assamblage". I've been collecting Zep vid footage for over 30 yrs and this is the only place to get it all in one place. I've watched this a few times and it's an impressive collection if you're into all the odds and ends of Zep collecting.

Cheers 

Archived