Subiaco Oval, Perth, to hold past events exhibition

Nick S

Hi everyone,

Me again..I've been in communications with a lady in Perth, WA who wanted LZ pics from the '72 concert there. The stadium is possibly having a change of use/re-development and she is running a short exhibition before the changes..

Over the next few weeks the City of Subiaco are running a project to collect the stories about Subiaco Oval as it is the last year that it will be used for AFL fixtures.

it has been used for in the past.To encourage people and get them in the mood about 30 images are being put up around the place showing what

I really wanted to get a range of images – not just football or sport in general.

Particularly as the Led Zeppelin concert was such a significant event for the suburb as it lead to restrictions on noise levels and finishing times I really wanted to include some images of that event.  So thrilled that we were able to connect and you are happy to share the images you had.

I’ll let you know when it is all up and running and I believe the West Australian newspaper may be doing some articles on the final days of the Subiaco Oval.

Included will be the 'stage invasion' B&W.    (Can't seem to increase 'quote' size! )

NS

Freo & the West Coast Eagles Aussie Rules sides are moving to the new Perth stadium next year, so sadly it looks as if the days of Subiaco oval as a working stadium are numbered. The exhibition could be a kind of "farewell to the old place". Nice one for getting involved, pics from the Slade gig a year later might be fun too.

Archived