Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Spirit Nation

Pro rock writer who interviewed Jimmy Page selling guitar pick

Hi:
I am a pro rock journalist who has been writing for many years. Back in '86, I interviewed Jimmy Page in Florida for a story which later appeared on the cover of Guitar World in July 1986. I asked Jimmy for a guitar pick and he gave me one. It is one of his Herco picks, non-logo. I am selling that guitar pick and wanted to let you know. It is absolutely real and authentic. I have been - and still am - a professional rock journalist for over 40 years. I've developed a reputation of honesty and trust and have built relationships with many musicians and magazines based on my integrity.

I am attaching photos of Page and I - the color shot is at a photo shoot right after i conducted the interview and the guitar pick is still in Jimmy's pocket and it will be given to me a few minutes after this shot was taken. The black-and-white is a shot of Page and i on the Starship backk in '77 and the mag cover is the story that appeared.

To be honest, it is an expensive pick but exceedingly rare. If you're interested, please give me a shout on my private email: scrosen@sbcglobal.net.

Many thanks,

Steve

Jimmy Page.jpg

Jimmy Page.jpg

GW-0786_0_2.jpg

Not interested in the pick, Steve. But how about some tell all shit from your '77 experience with Zeppelin aboard the Starship? I won't tell anybody....B)

48 minutes ago, blindwillie127 said:

Not interested in the pick, Steve. But how about some tell all shit from your '77 experience with Zeppelin aboard the Starship? I won't tell anybody....B)

Me too!

Steve Rosen in the house! Great interviewer and music journalist.

That pick would be gone already if the tell all was part of the deal!!!

I still have that Guitar Player issue from 1977 with the Jimmy Page interview. That, along with the Nick Kent and Chris Saliewicz ones, are the few full-length in-depth interviews with Jimmy published in the '70s during the band's heyday. 

Good job, Steven. I was talking to someone else who was covering that tour, and they mentioned bumping into you and you were frantic because you were up against a deadline and having a hard time nailing Jimmy down for some time to interview him. Obviously, it all worked out in the end.

On 27/05/2017 at 0:47 AM, Boleskinner said:

Dude, I know it was the 80s and it was Florida, but those shorts...

LOL.

Beat me to it!