Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
sam_webmaster

Led Zeppelin - Tape Boxes Rough/Working Mixes

I never knew that a working title for OTHAFA was "Many, Many Times" (I knew about "Overture" = TSRTS, but not this one).

It's also funny that the writing on the box almost re-names "The Rain Song" as " The Raw Song". :D

Edited by ForEvermore
one too many T's

Sems Fir   

These are the mixes that were available for auction through Backstage Auctions in July 2004 when Eddie Kramer put roughly 2,200 items up for auction in 277 auction lots.  I won't get into a long post but I saved the images from the auctions.  The paperwork went for decent coin for back then.  Here's two images as examples:

EddieKramer11_zpsqfmpddmo.jpg

EddieKramer16_zpsn0gnutqh.jpg

Edited to add.  Here's some of the paperwork from one of the auctions not included above.  I can post the final auction price if anyone is interested.

EddieKramer13_zpswunvhmmm.jpg

Here's a side image of the boxes.  There's quite a few more images as well.

ledzeppelinrecordingreels_zps5mr6lcq5.jp

Robert

Edited by Sems Fir

IpMan   
7 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

I never knew that a working title for OTTHAFA was "Many, Many Times" (I knew about "Overture" = TSRTS, but not this one).

It's also funny that the writing on the box almost re-names "The Rain Song" as " The Raw Song". :D

Funny you should say that as most of the younger generation that have heard OTHAFA simply refer to it as "Hey Lady." I met this woman and she told me her favorite Zep tune was Hey Lady and asked if I could get it for her. So, I gave her a copy of the Beastie Boy's Hey Ladies. She did not think I was funny.

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Funny you should say that as most of the younger generation that have heard OTHAFA simply refer to it as "Hey Lady." I met this woman and she told me her favorite Zep tune was Hey Lady and asked if I could get it for her. So, I gave her a copy of the Beastie Boy's Hey Ladies. She did not think I was funny.

:D

Yes - those two songs don't have a lot in common...

Brigante   
On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:26 AM, IpMan said:

She did not think I was funny.

You were, though! Good one.

Edited by Brigante

rm2551   

On 28/06/2017 at 9:26 AM, IpMan said:

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

IpMan - the "Chick Expert".