Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

LZ in Chicago, Kinetic Playground. II-1969.  MY original negatives just scanned.  Never before made public.  I don't remember anything about the concert!  But images show an amazing intimacy not common today.  Kinetic was a major venue with a state of the art computer surround light show.  Now on ebay.  You can contact me direct:  experienced60626@yahoo.com.

Led Zepplin@Kenetic-Chicago-1969 (c).jpg

Led Zepplin@Kenetic-Chicago-1969 (4c).jpg

Led Zepplin@Kenetic-Chicago-1969 drummer (3)c).jpg

Led Zepplin@Kenetic-Chicago-1969 (4cc).jpg

porgie66   
1 hour ago, camerabait said:

LZ in Chicago, Kinetic Playground. II-1969.  MY original negatives just scanned.  Never before made public.  I don't remember anything about the concert!  But images show an amazing intimacy not common today.  Kinetic was a major venue with a state of the art computer surround light show.  Now on ebay.  You can contact me direct:  experienced60626@yahoo.com.

Led Zepplin@Kenetic-Chicago-1969 (c).jpg

Led Zepplin@Kenetic-Chicago-1969 (4c).jpg

Led Zepplin@Kenetic-Chicago-1969 drummer (3)c).jpg

Led Zepplin@Kenetic-Chicago-1969 (4cc).jpg

Thanks for sharing these, from a fellow Chicagoan. Wish I had been old enough to see them there, and hear Bonzo basically acoustically as well as amplified. Rare air. 

Fantastic photos. I won't even try not to envy you for being there! Oh for a time machine!

Incidentally, there's a bloke who looks like Hendrix in the front of the first pic. Now who says him & Page never met? ;) 

Great shots, I was unfortunately too young to go to the Kinetic Playground, & of course it is long gone. There are still some smaller venues around the Chicagoland area, IMHO the best place to see any show. I'm not going to even mention what the ticket price was for this show, as it was ridic cheap.

porgie66   
1 hour ago, sam_webmaster said:

I've added some new ones to the Timeline from another photographer.

July 1969:  (48 years ago today)

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/july-18-1969
http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/july-19-1969

1969-07-1x---chicago-kinetic----15.jpg1969-07-1x---chicago-kinetic----11.jpg1969-07-1x---chicago-kinetic----10.jpg1969-07-1x---chicago-kinetic----9.jpg1969-07-1x---chicago-kinetic----7.jpg1969-07-1x---chicago-kinetic----6.jpg

October 19, 1969:

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/october-19-1969

1969-10-1x---chicago-kinetic----12.jpg1969-10-1x---chicago-kinetic----11.jpg

I would love to hear what Bonzo was doing in that pic....WTF??!!

1 hour ago, porgie66 said:

I would love to hear what Bonzo was doing in that pic....WTF??!!

Apparently even in his Way of Life days he liked to stand on the drum seat and get his shirt off!

porgie66   
8 hours ago, 76229 said:

Apparently even in his Way of Life days he liked to stand on the drum seat and get his shirt off!

Far out. It looks like he's stepping down on the snare while hitting it.  Hopefully that old Atlas stand never gave way...that'd be a Spinal Tap moment.