Personaly, I think Page missed a golden opportunity

dandak

2 hours ago, reids said:

Can't please everyone. Some want to gripe Jimmy never plays anymore and some want to gripe if they only play two songs with the Foo Fighters, if they only (Jimmy) jam with others in one song  in Seattle (and you can't hear him from someone's phone capturing video with not a clear mix / wah ?)or if the remaining three + Jason were to play the Super Bowl. Yep, a lot of negativity. Just enjoy the fact they played and released great music from 68 to 80 then did a Few one offs. That's why I left the forum for a number of years. Some trolls just want to argue about anything. Just enjoy what they did and focus on positive and not speculation. 

R?

^+1

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

^+1

^^^^ +2. . 10 years ago I think all of us wanted a tour of some sort or a show in the states but that time has past. . There's something to say about the integrity of this band to not squeeze every dime (live) or to water down the legacy. . I personally dont want them to go out ala 50 years and do anything (live). . 12/4/80 "We cant continue as we were". .truer words have never been spoken. . 

Having seen jimmy page in 1988 on the outrider tour, it was presented as an overview of his music. It was a solidifying experience as a young fan and i think that young fans these days would love to hear something like that tour. 

In regards to plant page jones, recording, it would probably have to be new material, i would think. I agree that a tour would not be necessarily the only way to go about it....a record would be enough, a plant page and jones, record, tribute to john bonham...or anything. 

Archived