The Next LZ?

weapon2010

Wholly unoriginal, derivative nothing special, at least they are keeping blues rock alive. Can't see any comparison to LZ though. I suppose they are alright even if we've heard it all before.

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Wholly unoriginal, derivative nothing special, at least they are keeping blues rock alive. Can't see any comparison to LZ though. I suppose they are alright even if we've heard it all before.

you don't see any comparison to LZ? then your not listening

Simliar drum mix.. i'm assuming distant miking.

To me, the singer sounds more like the late Shannon Hoon or even Sebastian Bach than Robert Plant. He's good but a little too squeally for me. 

Not bad at all, good. They're going for the Zeppelin vibe no doubt.. It gets more obvious the more tracks I hear.  But to tag them the next Led Zeppelin is an awful lot for them to have to live up to.

It might not be a good idea to try to imitate them either. Just ask Lenny Wolf.. 

Supposedly, back in 1977 a band named Eddie & the Hotrods released a song called Do Whatever You Want To Do with an image of Aleister Crowley in Mickey Mouse ears on the singles sleeve. The press were claiming Eddie & the Hotrods were the next Led Zeppelin and were on their way to superstardom. Supposedly, when Page saw the sleeve depicting Crowley in such a disrespectful light, Page placed a curse on them. Shortly after the band began to implode and they went nowhere, breaking up in the early 80's. Years later Page was asked in an interview about this supposed curse and Page's reply: "Eddie who?"

Sometimes I just cannot believe the bullshit people subscribe to. Even for 1977 this was beyond weak.

If I had a band which was up and coming and someone said we were going to be the next Zeppelin, or Stones, or Lady GaGa or whatever, I think I would start looking for another job. As soon as anyone starts labeling someone or a group as "the next..." their days are numbered.

7 hours ago, IpMan said:

Supposedly, back in 1977 a band named Eddie & the Hotrods released a song called Do Whatever You Want To Do with an image of Aleister Crowley in Mickey Mouse ears on the singles sleeve. The press were claiming Eddie & the Hotrods were the next Led Zeppelin and were on their way to superstardom. Supposedly, when Page saw the sleeve depicting Crowley in such a disrespectful light, Page placed a curse on them. Shortly after the band began to implode and they went nowhere, breaking up in the early 80's. Years later Page was asked in an interview about this supposed curse and Page's reply: "Eddie who?"

I saw that in a one hour documentary about Rock and Roll Mysteries a few months ago on the Reelz channel or one of those "newer" cable channels. 

25 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

These kids just sound forced and tacky, they are just copying theres soul or authenticity to this.

There will be another Zeppelin one day, we just have to wait.

On the other hand I don't think it's likely you can get 4 musicians together with the strength and will of our 4 alchemists.

You described that exactly the way that  i couldn't. Forced yes , tacky  myea... more like contrived.    As for another LedZep-like band , not in my life-time .  Im old and set in my ways. Originators... thats a tough one . Page still has it and ive never given up hope on him.

And reigning kings of rock guitardom lol  VH's is up there   , but there's more   ⇨ KK Downing/Glenn Tipton (assault) ⇨ Tony Iommi ⇨ Eric Johnson ⇨ and im not going any further with this ⇨ Billy Gibbons lol i lied!

Blame it on this fu(king wine!

Archived