Your all-time favourite Led Zep trivia question

Overlorde

Hi - I'm new here. I'm a trivia buff and quizmaster and I've been trying to come up with a set of interesting (and hard) Led Zep questions.

Below are 4 of them.

Feel free to post your answers (or critique my questions). I'd appreciate it even more if you could also post your own all-time favourite question.
Preferably one I haven't heard :-) Hard and interesting, is what I'm after!

1. Even though it is their biggest selling album, IV never topped the US album charts. Which soul group kept Led Zep from the top, in November 1971?

2. Who wears a ridiculous blond wig in many scenes of The Song Remains The Same movie (and why?)

3. Led Zeppelin were prevented from entering Singapore during their 1972 tour, for what reason?

4. Lyrically, what do the songs 'Trampled Underfoot', 'Moby Dick' and 'The Rover' have in common?

thanks!

• Overlorde changed the title to Your all-time favourite Led Zep trivia question

1.  Carole King.

2.  John Paul Jones.  He had his hair cut. 

3.  Because of Their long hair (and in Singapore, at that time, long hair was associated with Drug Use). 

4.  "Trampled Underfoot" lyrics are about Sex and Motor Vehicles.  "Moby Dick" does not have any lyrics.  "The Rover" is about Peace and Unity. 

What was missing from Nobody's Fault But Mine on the 1980 tour?

In which house of Page's did Kenneth Anger reside to work on Lucifer Rising?

Peter Grant's name as a wrestler?

Why was How Many More times listed as the wrong running time on the back of the first album?

What is Robert's best selling single?

Name of the only song Page was a contender for a Grammy for?

2 hours ago, kingzoso said:

1.  Carole King.

2.  John Paul Jones.  He had his hair cut. 

3.  Because of Their long hair (and in Singapore, at that time, long hair was associated with Drug Use). 

4.  "Trampled Underfoot" lyrics are about Sex and Motor Vehicles.  "Moby Dick" does not have any lyrics.  "The Rover" is about Peace and Unity. 

1. No, she ain't no soul group

2. Correct!

3. Indeed.

4. That's all true, but I'm asking what those songs have in common.

58 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Plant's Harmonica?

In which house of Page's did Kenneth Anger reside to work on Lucifer Rising?

Mill House

Peter Grant's name as a wrestler?

Count Massimo?

Why was How Many More times listed as the wrong running time on the back of the first album?

Clerical error? Pray tell...

Big Log

I'm guessing Kashmir - the P. Diddy version.

Here's some more grist for the mill.

5. What is the last song Led Zep played live as a complete 4-piece?
6. Who released the 1995 Led Zeppelin parody album 'No Quarter Pounder'
7. The song 'What Is and What Should Never Be' is reportedly about Plant's dalliance with whom?

5 minutes ago, Overlorde said:

Here's some more grist for the mill.

5. What is the last song Led Zep played live as a complete 4-piece?
6. Who released the 1995 Led Zeppelin parody album 'No Quarter Pounder'
7. The song 'What Is and What Should Never Be' is reportedly about Plant's dalliance with whom?

WLL

Dread Zeppelin

Maureen's sister but that gets thrown about for a lot of songs

Hmm, you really know your stuff. Time to ramp up the difficulty level.

8. Page & Plant were one of the few musical guests on the Denton show (Australia) who did not play Stairway to Heaven. They played Black Dog instead, minus the famous riff but featuring which unusual instrument?
9. Name 3 musicians who have been name-checked in the titles of Led Zep songs.
10. The riff in 'Moby Dick' borrows heavily from which Bobby Parker disc, which purportedly also influenced the Beatles' 'I Feel Fine'? (Strange how this obscure 1961 track influenced two songs that sound nothing alike).

15 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Lyrically, what do the songs 'Trampled Underfoot', 'Moby Dick' and 'The Rover' have in common?

1. The guitar intro.

2.All have two words on their title? :D 

3. Some pressings had reversed sides, side A being side B and vice versa

4. Tall Cool One

5. Some track from  the Celebration Day soundtrack?

1. According to Robert Plant. In Los Angeles in 1977 what did John Paul Jones leave in his jean pocket before falling asleep?

2. For the 1980 tour, John Bonham added something to his drum kit that he never had used before on stage (in Zeppelin atleast) what did he add?

3. During a concert by Led Zeppelin in Seattle in 1972 which song was played twice?

4. Which Rollings Stones music video features the same building as the cover art of Physical Graffiti?

17 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Plant's best-selling single: I think it was "Sea of Love".

Page Grammy: Probably not the answer you're looking for, but Page and Plant won a Grammy for "Most High".

16 hours ago, Overlorde said:

Don't know why the quote didn't work here, but this was the question about why the wrong time duration was listed for How Many More Times, yes? I believe they did that to try to trick DJs into playing it on the radio - it was listed at like 3 minutes and something, typical length for a single, rather than its true full length.

16 hours ago, Overlorde said:

Hmm, you really know your stuff. Time to ramp up the difficulty level.

8. Page & Plant were one of the few musical guests on the Denton show (Australia) who did not play Stairway to Heaven. They played Black Dog instead, minus the famous riff but featuring which unusual instrument?
9. Name 3 musicians who have been name-checked in the titles of Led Zep songs.

Black Dog on Denton show: I think didgeridoo (is that how you spell it?)

3 name-checked musicians: Roy Harper, Ian Stewart ("Boogie with Stu"), and ... i don't know. I would guess Walter's Walk, but I can't remember the story and am not at all sure.

1 hour ago, rebeldhipi said:

3. During a concert by Led Zeppelin in Seattle in 1972 which song was played twice?

Dancing Days

19 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Black Dog on Denton show: I think didgeridoo (is that how you spell it?)

3 name-checked musicians: Roy Harper, Ian Stewart ("Boogie with Stu"), and ... i don't know. I would guess Walter's Walk, but I can't remember the story and am not at all sure.

Didgeridoo - correct! (and you spelt it right :-)

Roy Harper, Ian Stewart and.. one of their own band members

1 hour ago, badgeholder said:

I give up, what is it?

A fourth crash cymbal. a Paiste 2002 series 16 inch one to be precise.

He had used 16 inch crashes  before but his kit never had more than 3 different crash cymbals until 1980. In a live setting at least. (Im counting his 18 inch 2002 ride cymbal as a crash because he used it as one)

More easily explained on Bonzos left hand side theres one cymbal more than in 1979

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/image/hanover-1980

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/image/knebworth-8-4-79-13

Archived