Wass6p

There's already a post about this but it was a couple years old and i wasn't sure if anyone would see my comment. I just happened to inherit a copy of Led Zeppelin 3 from my stepdad. Has the engravement "so mote be it". I know this has something to do with it being an earlier copy, but every post I see half the people say that the first copy just said "so mote be it" and the other half say "do what thou wilt" signals the first copies. Does anyone know for sure?

• 5 months later...

I mastered this album to vinyl. On the very first day, we did two sets of lacquer masters to go to the pressing plant. Both were done right after Jimmy and I mixed III at Ardent Studios original location on National Street, Memphis. We took the stereo mix tape masters to Mastercraft mastering facility on Madison Ave in Memphis, and made those two sets.

On one set I inscribed "Do What Thou Wilt" on side 1, and "Shall Be The Whole Of The Law" on side 2. On the second set, "So Mote Be It" was inscribed on side 1, and I have forgotten what I put on side 2.

This was all done of course on Jimmy's instruction, being quotations from Aleister Crowley's writings.

I then took both sets of lacquers in the boot of a car driven to Nashville where I met up with Richard Cole. Richard took them from me and on to the pressing plant (I think in Indiana). So both inscriptions are from the first mastering, and also the first pressings.

Thanks all.

Terry

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:04 AM, compasspnt said:

I mastered this album to vinyl. On the very first day, we did two sets of lacquer masters to go to the pressing plant. Both were done right after Jimmy and I mixed III at Ardent Studios original location on National Street, Memphis. We took the stereo mix tape masters to Mastercraft mastering facility on Madison Ave in Memphis, and made those two sets.

On one set I inscribed "Do What Thou Wilt" on side 1, and "Shall Be The Whole Of The Law" on side 2. On the second set, "So Mote Be It" was inscribed on side 1, and I have forgotten what I put on side 2.

This was all done of course on Jimmy's instruction, being quotations from Aleister Crowley's writings.

I then took both sets of lacquers in the boot of a car driven to Nashville where I met up with Richard Cole. Richard took them from me and on to the pressing plant (I think in Indiana). So both inscriptions are from the first mastering, and also the first pressings.

Thanks all.

Terry

Outstanding!

Archived