Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DogsoverLava

Opinion's on this drum score (Alfred Platinuum Edition)

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys -- I'm getting ready to record a cover of Ten Years Gone and I'm currently researching the various drum scores out there. My local shop is out of stock on this http://www.alfred.com/Products/Led-Zeppelin-Physical-Graffiti-Platinum-Album-Edition--00-34865.aspx

Do any of you have experience with it? (I've been unable to audit it or get an opinion on it).  Do any of you have alternate recommendations as far as drum score for Ten Years Gone? Some of the old one's are horrible.  Many thanks.

1 hour ago, DogsoverLava said:

Hey guys -- I'm getting ready to record a cover of Ten Years Gone and I'm currently researching the various drum scores out there. My local shop is out of stock on this http://www.alfred.com/Products/Led-Zeppelin-Physical-Graffiti-Platinum-Album-Edition--00-34865.aspx

Do any of you have experience with it? (I've been unable to audit it or get an opinion on it).  Do any of you have alternate recommendations as far as drum score for Ten Years Gone? Some of the old one's are horrible.  Many thanks.

Why would you need a drum score? Are you a drummer? If not , then have your drummer learn it by ear. If he can't, then I'd say get another who can. 

Just now, porgie66 said:

Why would you need a drum score? Are you a drummer? If not , then have your drummer learn it by ear. If he can't, then I'd say get another who can. 

I hand program the drums in Superior Drummer -- here's my cover of Stairway done the same way (including all the ghost notes etc).  A drum score really helps me with accuracy as I audit the track.

7 minutes ago, DogsoverLava said:

I hand program the drums in Superior Drummer -- here's my cover of Stairway done the same way (including all the ghost notes etc).  A drum score really helps me with accuracy as I audit the track.

I see, sorry. It looks like you can't see a preview of the track you want, only a bit of Custard Pie. Hard to say how accurate this chart will be without being able to actually see it. 

Ya - that's why I was asking. Some transcriptions are great and some have known inaccuracies -- was wondering if anyone was familiar with this specific edition and drum transcription.