Page in 2017

Well it's August and still no sign of new music or a tour from Jimmy.

He said in virtually every interview for the remasters that he was warming up last year and would do something in 2017.

I really hope he never again mentions doing something new, unless he actually means it.

He owes us nothing, but please stop with the "next year I.."

It really is beyond a joke now and fans have had a gut full.

43 minutes ago, Box of Jimmy's said:

Billy Fuller, Bass player for the Sensational Space Shifters, want to come off the road and concentrate on producing, so Jimmy Page is going to join them to help them out on bass.  Good Lord.  

this is as believable as the stuff about "I'm on the touchlines warming up".

2 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Well I assume it does take quite a while for a 73 year old to get "match fit".

I don't have much else to do but sit around and wait. 

And for someone of his stature I have all the time in the world.

Be prepared for a long wait:

ijandthelostcrusade.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:52 PM, Box of Jimmy's said:

Billy Fuller, Bass player for the Sensational Space Shifters, want to come off the road and concentrate on producing, so Jimmy Page is going to join them to help them out on bass.  Good Lord.  

Jimmy will be sporting mutton chops and playing a Hofner knockoff when the U.S. tour commences later this winter.

Page has been a producer and archivist for the last x years, not a musician.

His latest knob-twiddling exercise is the remixing of the 1968 Yardbirds album, Live at the Anderson theatre, essentially another reissue.

"Anyone remember laughter...?"

10 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

Page has been a producer and archivist for the last x years, not a musician.

His latest knob-twiddling exercise is the remixing of the 1968 Yardbirds album, Live at the Anderson theatre, essentially another reissue.

"Anyone remember laughter...?"

If he actually cleans up and releases that show it will be a very worthwhile release.  Such a great show that CBS butchered so badly.

3 minutes ago, John M said:

If he actually cleans up and releases that show it will be a very worthwhile release.  Such a great show that CBS butchered so badly.

My point is can't he do both - create new music and twiddle some knobs.

Other artists of his generation - Neil Young, McCartney, etc - manage it with ease.

2 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

My point is can't he do both - create new music and twiddle some knobs.

Other artists of his generation - Neil Young, McCartney, etc - manage it with ease.

Twiddle some nobs!!!! Love it 🎶😂

I bet most of his mental energy in 2017 has been spent thinking up ideas for the anniversary next year. If there's isn't some "suddenly discovered long lost" Zep recording in time for the 50th anniversary, I'll eat my guitar strap.

25 minutes ago, 76229 said:

I bet most of his mental energy in 2017 has been spent thinking up ideas for the anniversary next year. If there's isn't some "suddenly discovered long lost" Zep recording in time for the 50th anniversary, I'll eat my guitar strap.

You may as well start chewing now mate..

16 minutes ago, JTM said:

You may as well start chewing now mate..

Don't be silly fellas. It'll be the deluxe version of HTWWW and Celebration Day. Also the Super Super Deluxe versions of the back catalogue 

Yardbirds '68 just went on pre-sale today!!!  Thank you, Jimmy!  He's got the Live at Anderson Theater tapes remastered without the fake audience sounds and also those 1968 tracks that have been scattered over Cumular Limit, Ultimate Yardbirds and other Yardbirds anthologies but never presented all in one place with Page's involvement. Needless to say, this is big, particularly the Anderson Theater material.  The only thing really missing here is the VU cover "I'm Waiting for the Man", which I guess wasn't recorded in NY?? 

At long last, the Yardbirds album that was but would never be!!  Needless to say, I placed my order!!

http://shop.jimmypage.com/products/599232

On 8/18/2017 at 0:03 AM, John M said:

He's done it!! It went on pre-sale today!!   Very worthwhile indeed!!

• 1 month later...

Archived