Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

Well it's August and still no sign of new music or a tour from Jimmy.

He said in virtually every interview for the remasters that he was warming up last year and would do something in 2017.

I really hope he never again mentions doing something new, unless he actually means it.

He owes us nothing, but please stop with the "next year I.."

It really is beyond a joke now and fans have had a gut full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Billy Fuller, Bass player for the Sensational Space Shifters, want to come off the road and concentrate on producing, so Jimmy Page is going to join them to help them out on bass.  Good Lord.  

Edited by Box of Jimmy's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76229   
43 minutes ago, Box of Jimmy's said:

Billy Fuller, Bass player for the Sensational Space Shifters, want to come off the road and concentrate on producing, so Jimmy Page is going to join them to help them out on bass.  Good Lord.  

this is as believable as the stuff about "I'm on the touchlines warming up".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I assume it does take quite a while for a 73 year old to get "match fit".

I don't have much else to do but sit around and wait. 

And for someone of his stature I have all the time in the world.

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Well I assume it does take quite a while for a 73 year old to get "match fit".

I don't have much else to do but sit around and wait. 

And for someone of his stature I have all the time in the world.

Be prepared for a long wait:

ijandthelostcrusade.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jsj   

he's had 14 years of "warming up" so far. how many more years to get match fit I wonder? the words "boy" "cried" and "wolf" spring to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, jsj said:

he's had 14 years of "warming up" so far. how many more years to get match fit I wonder? the words "boy" "cried" and "wolf" spring to mind.

"Get" "over" "it" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jabe   
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:52 PM, Box of Jimmy's said:

Billy Fuller, Bass player for the Sensational Space Shifters, want to come off the road and concentrate on producing, so Jimmy Page is going to join them to help them out on bass.  Good Lord.  

Jimmy will be sporting mutton chops and playing a Hofner knockoff when the U.S. tour commences later this winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Page has been a producer and archivist for the last x years, not a musician.

His latest knob-twiddling exercise is the remixing of the 1968 Yardbirds album, Live at the Anderson theatre, essentially another reissue.

"Anyone remember laughter...?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John M   
10 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

Page has been a producer and archivist for the last x years, not a musician.

His latest knob-twiddling exercise is the remixing of the 1968 Yardbirds album, Live at the Anderson theatre, essentially another reissue.

"Anyone remember laughter...?"

 

If he actually cleans up and releases that show it will be a very worthwhile release.  Such a great show that CBS butchered so badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John M said:

If he actually cleans up and releases that show it will be a very worthwhile release.  Such a great show that CBS butchered so badly.

My point is can't he do both - create new music and twiddle some knobs.

Other artists of his generation - Neil Young, McCartney, etc - manage it with ease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xolo1974   
2 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

My point is can't he do both - create new music and twiddle some knobs.

Other artists of his generation - Neil Young, McCartney, etc - manage it with ease.

Twiddle some nobs!!!! Love it 🎶😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
76229   

I bet most of his mental energy in 2017 has been spent thinking up ideas for the anniversary next year. If there's isn't some "suddenly discovered long lost" Zep recording in time for the 50th anniversary, I'll eat my guitar strap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JTM   
25 minutes ago, 76229 said:

I bet most of his mental energy in 2017 has been spent thinking up ideas for the anniversary next year. If there's isn't some "suddenly discovered long lost" Zep recording in time for the 50th anniversary, I'll eat my guitar strap.

You may as well start chewing now mate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xolo1974   
16 minutes ago, JTM said:

You may as well start chewing now mate..

Don't be silly fellas. It'll be the deluxe version of HTWWW and Celebration Day. Also the Super Super Deluxe versions of the back catalogue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×