Robert Plant Announces New ‘Carry Fire’ LP, Debuts ‘The May Queen’ Single

You get the feeling from that interview and many other recent ones Percy simply will not entertain any "big deal" events commemorating Led Zeppelin's 50th. He might let Jimmy proceed with releases or his own projects related to the past, sign off on whatever Jimmy wants or needs him to, but won't be actively participating in anything beyond very basic stuff.

23 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

You get the feeling from that interview and many other recent ones Percy simply will not entertain any "big deal" events commemorating Led Zeppelin's 50th. He might let Jimmy proceed with releases or his own projects related to the past, sign off on whatever Jimmy wants or needs him to, but won't be actively participating in anything beyond very basic stuff.

I def get that feeling as well.

When Charlie Rose spoke about the anniversary, Plant couldn't wait to change the subject and reminded Rose it was 37 years since they broke up.

The only time Robert has really entertained any sort of Zep reunion is when his solos career has been in the doldrums.

On 10/23/2017 at 6:56 PM, zepscoda said:

Anyone else get a "Far Post" vibe from the bridge of Bones of Saints?  I dig this tune.

So far the title track is my favorite.  Would work great live going into Calling to You. 

I love Blue Birds Over the Mountain , the video is petty cool also.

I said the same thing on the boards after watching the BBC6 Live a few weeks ago (title track would work live going into or out of “Calling To You” (with violin). 

R😎👍

17 hours ago, anniemouse said:

Regarding the lithograph. Are you talking about the etching on the vinyl. If so does the etching on the LATCR vinyl do the same trick with the black light.

It does look amazing.

Unfortunately it doesn't, neither does the front or back of the album cover, but the inside photo does!

59f7f8fb0bffc_CarryFireinsidealbumartwork.thumb.jpg.7cac0676c6e45ac417384204679f6043.jpg

Here is a better shot of the lithograph:

59f802075f9ae_CarryFirelithograph.jpg.b0f03c50dc86060589149a1c4d5eeccb.jpg

11 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Has anyone heard if there will be another leg to the American tour? No Texas dates on the first set of announced dates.

Doubtful, unless, they come back after Australia and the Far East. 😞 no Atlanta either. 

R🎃

Seems to me that you could maybe set up a negative Plant solo thread, and a all hands aboard positive thread. I think

both sides have valid points, but I must say that this real polarization started after Fate of Nations. Before that, most

Zep fans liked at least some of what he's doing, and at very worst may have been indifferent. It really seems useless

to apply any objective view to the last almost 20 years of his solo releases. It's great that Robert is able to continue

recording and touring at his age. But just as he seems to have a medium size following, he also has many former

solo fans who aren't the slightest bit interested in his more recent stuff. Pretty strong love/hate thing, sort of.

3 hours ago, Mithril46 said:

Seems to me that you could maybe set up a negative Plant solo thread, and a all hands aboard positive thread.

Yeah, its a bit weird. Most of his solo stuff does not do much for me. Some is pretty cool, but I take it or leave it. But good luck to the guy. Why hate? I don't quite get that. He was the front man for the greatest band of all time FFS - and integral to why they were the greatest!

Blame him for Zep not reforming and touring? Well I will admit, at the time of O2 I wanted a tour and was hoping like hell he'd come around, but now with hindsight, he did what was best for him personally, and it's working out for him, so great! And who knows if another tour would have been worth it? The O2 gig was great, I keep going back to it, My DVD is well worn in, but that is for the brilliant video and audio quality. I can pump For Your Life through my Sennheiser headphones until it almost hurts and its fucking awesome. Same for most of that gig. But even so, Page is incredibly reserved in offering any magic in the guitar breaks/parts. If a massive tour had Page in that conserved frame of mind, where there was little or no room for the songs to expand or breath as he had done up until that gig, I don't think it would have gone over so well. It was noticable how little he expanded during key songs (at least to me). And don't get me wrong, it was still an epic gig in my view, just unusual by Page's standard.

Thanks for these interview links!

I have to say, the album grew on me very quickly and I'm really liking it. New World... and the title track probably are my favorites, but honestly I find myself just putting the album on and listening all the way through every day or two.

8 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Thanks for these interview links!

I have to say, the album grew on me very quickly and I'm really liking it. New World... and the title track probably are my favorites, but honestly I find myself just putting the album on and listening all the way through every day or two.

You’re welcome. Same here. 😀👍

R😎

good on him for another solo album but i cant quite get into it..mainly because its like a repeat vibe of the 2000s solo albums, whispery with drum loops, not much in the way of energy. the title track is cool but the rest of it isnt as good as say, mighty rearranger which had a lot of variance

Archived