Would Only One Knebworth Show Have Been Better?

The Old Hermit

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ All a matter of taste, I suppose. I think both Knebworth "Kashmirs" are superior to any other live versions they did, but yeah--if you were to ask me--I still think the 2nd show was a little better...

Without doubt, the two Knebworth Kasmirs' are my favorites as well. However, the O2 version, musically (guitar, keys, bass pedals) is the best sounding and mixed version they ever did period. Even Robert goes over the top on the vocals. Jason does a good job but not quite as good as his father. It is amazing what technology can now do insofar as the presentation of live music. Just imagine what Zeppelin (or any other band from the 70's for that matter) would have sounded like with today's tech back in their prime. 

• 8 months later...

I went to Knebworth both weeks in 1979. But I was a teenager at the time and don't remember as much about it as I would like to. I really enjoyed both, but do remember sound problems, I think, at the second one and a very late finish. They were long, long days from the early morning. And I did get an A4 copy of both weeks tickets signed by Robert Plant. I didn't meet him, a friend of a friend (so to speak) arranged it for me. Either just before or just after the event. It looks genuine and I have never had any reason to think otherwise.

IMG_20150202_0001.thumb.jpg.ec7912f20ae163a5a16b6700b4054533.jpg

Archived