Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I was listening to Celebration Day the other day, and I noticed that when they played Black Dog, my favourite track, there was no intro. It's always been Out On The Tiles (apart from when it was changed to Bring It On Home for The Song Remains The Same). Anyone know why it wasn't played?

I think they wanted make the songs sound closer to the album versions and mostly stay away from long solos and jams.

7 hours ago, timothy5151 said:

I think they wanted make the songs sound closer to the album versions and mostly stay away from long solos and jams.

Those jams weren't in the membrane after 27 years gone. Would of been impossible. Especially without Bonzo

I was also told that there was a noise curfew at the O2 and that the set had to be abbreviated to accommodate that.

22 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I was also told that there was a noise curfew at the O2 and that the set had to be abbreviated to accommodate that.

There was probably a noise curfew on the band's ears so that wouldn't of been a problem

The real answer since no one here has a clue is that they constructed a NEW intro.

listen to the end of Ramble On.  They pasted the end of What is and What Should Never Be to it then ended it on the first chord of Black Dog.

Pretty darn clever and well thought out I'd say. 

A lot of people rave about BD from the O2 gig, but for me it was too slow, the lower key sucked the life out of it, and let's face it, only John Bonham can play that song properly and make it swing.

I like the approach in Jimmy's solo, some of the licks quite simplified but still exciting and energetic.