Tropical Storm/Hurricane Harvey

jabe

It seems like everyone in Dallas/Fort Worth area is scrambling around to get gasoline.  Almost every gas station is low or completely out of fuel.  If there is gas, there are long lines.

As for me, I filled up two days ago and have only driven less than 20 since then.

55 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

It seems like everyone in Dallas/Fort Worth area is scrambling around to get gasoline.  Almost every gas station is low or completely out of fuel.  If there is gas, there are long lines.

As for me, I filled up two days ago and have only driven less than 20 since then.

Yep, I heard about the shortage coming the other day and made sure I stayed full. The lines I saw were crazy, one was at least a quarter mile long on 121 up in McKinney.  Here's a pic from out side my office on Greenville ave @ Forest

And ofcourse gas prices rose .50 per gallon over night.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

20170831_102752.jpg

They said it's a run on gas, and an artificial shortage. Either way, they said suplly lines should be back to normal in about a week to 10 days.

I feel for those going out on the road, for the Labor Day Holiday, and hoping they can find gas for their return trip home...

Very happy and relieved that my friends in Houston were spared flooding damage to their homes...although it came very close. It looks as if the worst is over and Harvey has left Texas. Hopefully the rains have stopped for good and the recovery can begin.

Hail to the Cajun Navy! California and New York also sent hurricane aid and resources to Texas.

I don't have much experience with hurricanes, just microbursts. From the reports I am seeing about Hurricane Irma, I hope people are heeding the warnings. It looks like it could be as bad as Hurricane Harvey.

2 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

I don't have much experience with hurricanes, just microbursts. From the reports I am seeing about Hurricane Irma, I hope people are heeding the warnings. It looks like it could be as bad as Hurricane Harvey.

Could be even worse - it's the most powerful hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hurricane-irma-record-atlantic-ocean-category-5-track-forecast-path/

Irma, if it does not weaken, will make Harvey look like a wee sprinkle. Irma is no longer a Cat 5, it is off the scale with sustained winds over 185 mph and gusts exceeding 230 mph. If this hits Miami at this strength, the city is gone. This is really bad.

18 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Serious business. I hope all our board members, like Walter and others, are okay!

Thanks brotha. This one definitely has my attention more than others. Who knows if it'll stay out in the Atlantic on the east coast, or come inland. We are about 70 miles from the AO and about 60 from the gulf. So I like our chances...unless it comes up the middle of the state - then the eye will come right at us.  My biggest fear is all of the construction materials in our new neighborhood. We're one of the first 15 houses completed....  We shall see. 

Like ipman said, Miami and the keys are in deep shit. I would've gotten out of there on Tuesday for sure. Traffic is crazy heading northbound here.

15 hours ago, IpMan said:

Irma, if it does not weaken, will make Harvey look like a wee sprinkle. Irma is no longer a Cat 5, it is off the scale with sustained winds over 185 mph and gusts exceeding 230 mph. If this hits Miami at this strength, the city is gone. This is really bad.

Sounds like the one that hit Guam in 2002. My sister lives there.

25 minutes ago, Strider said:

And when Irma is done, José gets to take a turn.

And still, the politicians, oil-industry stooges and certain media foam-at-the-mouthers will keep their head in the sand and deny anything is wrong.

Two cat 4's here folks, nothing to see - move along...

IMG_1415.JPG

2 hours ago, Walter said:

What's happened in response to Harvey is nothing short of amazing. So many giving so much - and not just money either.

Which is why Ted Cruz and the more than 20 other GOP Texan reps who voted against Superstorm Sandy aid are evil pond scum who ought to be ashamed of themselves.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-harvey-aid-sandy-vote-20170828-story.html

On 9/9/2017 at 2:58 PM, Strider said:

Which is why Ted Cruz and the more than 20 other GOP Texan reps who voted against Superstorm Sandy aid are evil pond scum who ought to be ashamed of themselves.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-harvey-aid-sandy-vote-20170828-story.html

No doubt.    Have the gas prices gone up there like here?

Archived