Guitar used on I'm Gonna Crawl?

20 hours ago, Mike Hooper said:

I know Page used his Strat on In The Evening and the brown Tele on Hot Dog, but I cannot find any info on what guitar he used for I'm Gonna Crawl...anyone have an answer? Sounds like a Strat with reverb and a bit of tremolo, but I'm not sure...

Les Paul (Both Pickups on) for solo, for verses Les Paul treble pickup with small amp and vibrato (from amp), for louder sections Les Paul both pickups.

For the true blues songs, he always seems to pick up a Les Paul.  His interview from the Outrider album points that out when did "Prison Blues" in one take. He said it sounds so rich and full on the slow blues songs. Love "I'm Gonna Crawl", btw. Great finish song for ITTOD.

Yeah, no Fender's for sure, although these days there are so many amazing pedals and amps all bets would be off. IGC, I

knew that it was a Paul in the solo before I even owned my first electric(Paul of course).Prison Blues really does sound like

one take, but Jimmy has fibbed about these things before, probably not on that one though. Excellent live versions of that

as well.

Archived