2017 NFL "potted plant" Memorial Pool

Strider

Thursday, Nov. 23 TIME(ET)
Minnesota at Detroit 
Chargers at Dallas 
NY Giants at Washington

Sunday, Nov. 26
Tampa Bay at Atlanta 
Cleveland at Cincinnati  (they have to win once...right??)
Tennessee at Indianapolis 
Buffalo at Kansas City 
Miami at New England 
Carolina at NY Jets 
Chicago at Philadelphia 
New Orleans at LA Rams
Seattle at San Francisco 
Jacksonville at Arizona 
Denver at Oakland 

Green Bay at Pittsburgh 

Monday, Nov. 27
Houston at Baltimore 

Detroit...Battle for the Norris Division! Can Detroit handle the pressure?

Dallas...curious line movement in Las Vegas. I am not going to ruin my Thanksgiving by having to cheer for the Chargers.

Washington...if this were the Tom Coughlin era this is when the Giants would win six games in a row to save their season. But Tom Coughlin has left the building.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:24 PM, jabe said:

Detroit
Dallas
The Swamp
Atlanta
Cincy
Tennessee
KC
New England
NY Jets
Philadelphia
LA Rams
Seattle
Jacksonville
Oakland
Pittsburgh
Baltimore

Huh? I can't figure out which team you mean?

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Huh? I can't figure out which team you mean?

I'd guess Washington DC... built on a swamp, drain the swamp...  but since it's not my pick, I can't say for certain.

On 11/21/2017 at 2:58 PM, Strider said:

Thursday, Nov. 23 TIME(ET)
at Detroit 12:30 pm

at Dallas 4:30 pm
 at Washington 8:30 pm

Sunday, Nov. 26
at Atlanta 1:00 pm 
at Cincinnati 1:00 pm
Tennessee at 1:00 pm
 at Kansas City 1:00 pm

at New England 1:00 pm
Carolina at 1:00 pm
 at Philadelphia 1:00 pm
at LA Rams 4:05 pm
Seattle at 4:05 pm
 at Arizona 4:25 pm
at Oakland 4:25 pm
at Pittsburgh 8:30 pm

Monday, Nov. 27
Houston at 8:30 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!

7 hours ago, ebk said:

I'd guess Washington DC... built on a swamp, drain the swamp...  but since it's not my pick, I can't say for certain.

8 minutes ago, jabe said:

It's Washington.

That was my instinctual hunch, too. But then I remembered the Giants play in Giants Stadium....which was built in the swamps of New Jersey where Jimmy Hoffa and hundreds of other bodies were dumped.

That's why I wanted jabe to clarify..."Swamp" could very easily mean either New York or Washington.

41 minutes ago, Mrs. Walter said:

Detroit

Dallas

Washington

A heartfelt Thanksgiving welcome to the lovely Mrs Walter!!!  

Looks like a good day to be hanging out at your place :) 

A Note to Gambling Rick:

Dear GR,

I felt the need to join the forum and speak out after learning of the personal attack you launched against Walter earlier this week.  It is unfortunate you can not come to terms with the fact that you could be consistently beaten by a woman and a fourteen year old in the football pick pool.  In spite of this, may I assure you, this is, in fact, the truth.  Walter, Walter, Jr. and I enjoy competing against one another and other forum members for bragging rights.  I can assure you, Jr. and I make our own picks, independently, without any assistance or input from Walter.  

If you find that you are unable to accept these truths, may I respectfully suggest you consider dropping out of the pool, as the beatings inflicted by both Jr. and me will continue throughout the remainder of the season.  Continued losses by you do not warrant personal attacks waged against Walter. (Isn't it insult enough that Jr. and I beat him on a weekly basis too?)

I wish you and your family a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

Sincerely yours,

Mrs. Walter (aka Mrs. Perfect Pick week #8)

35 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Mrs Walter ?? Your are most Welcome to the forum. Marvellous:D. That Turkey in yet? 

31 minutes ago, jabe said:

Welcome Mrs. Walter!

7 minutes ago, ebk said:

A heartfelt Thanksgiving welcome to the lovely Mrs Walter!!!  

Looks like a good day to be hanging out at your place :) 

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! 😘

3 hours ago, Mrs. Walter said:

Detroit

Dallas

Washington

As keeper of the NFL pool, I can assure you there was no concern on my part regarding Walter submitting yours and Junior's picks. No need for you to break "radio silence" so-to-speak. But now that you have, may I extend a hearty NFL pool welcome to Mrs. W in the flesh! We have enjoyed the added competition you and your son provide on a weekly basis. Thanksgiving Blessings to you and your family.

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Mrs Walter ?? Your are most Welcome to the forum. Marvellous:D. That Turkey in yet? 

Have you been lurking around here all this time you bloody Limey?!? 😮😜😁 Welcome chillumpuffer and maybe one of these days you'll submit your picks, too!

19 hours ago, Strider said:

Have you been lurking around here all this time you bloody Limey?!? 😮😜😁 Welcome chillumpuffer and maybe one of these days you'll submit your picks, too!

Nah. I just caught the debut of one of our most welcome visitor. I know as much about the NFL than I do about Coldplay. I watched once and it did nowt for me. However one of my clients is a big fan. Bugger if I can remember his team ! Is there one in Michigan?

Have a good day man.

1 hour ago, Bong-Man said:

That's debatable.  Meowww !

So much for the Lions winning the Central.  Unreal.  I wish they would end the Thanksgiving day monopoly they have.  Dallas too.  What a disgraceful performance by Dallas.  I mean, one guy does not a team make.  The Book of Ezekiel and Chariots of the Gods will have to wait another year.  I still think the Lions make the playoffs though.  Maybe

Minnesota  W

Dallas   L

Washington  W

Atlanta

Cinci

Tennessee

Kansas City

New England

Carolina

Philly

New Orleans

Seattle

Jacksonville

Denver

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

I wish they would end the Thanksgiving day monopoly they have.

Why ?  It's hardly a monopoly.  I could see if it was still the only game, but that was taken care of years ago.  Going to the parade, game, and now the Turkey Trot is an 80 year Detroit tradition.  Being a Lion fan ain't easy Bud....leave what little we have to call ours alone.  You would probably be surprised at how many people go downtown just to party and tail-gate no matter the weather.  There's more to America than New York.  I bet you weren't offended when OJ ran for 273 yards when we were kids.  I'll always remember 1980 though.....Bears scored on the last play of regulation and then ran back the overtime kickoff after doing virtually nothing the entire game.  I almost threw up my Thanksgiving dinner.  Don't mean to ramble, but maybe you're just upset because you not only picked them to win the game,  but the division also.  Silly Man !!  :wall:     

3 hours ago, the chase said:

Detroit playing on Thanksgiving is a tradition. Why would anybody mess with it? 

It's just Rick losing his mind. :lol:

Don't worry...the Detroit and Dallas Thanksgiving Day games are safe.

I do think that extra third game at night is unnecessary. It starts so late for the people east of the Mississippi...who can stay up that late after eating so much turkey? The tryptophan usually has me asleep by halftime and I live on the West Coast, where it is still relatively early.

4 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Minnesota  W

Dallas   L

Washington  W

Atlanta

Cinci

Tennessee

Kansas City

New England

Carolina

Philly

New Orleans

Seattle

Jacksonville

Denver

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Why ?  It's hardly a monopoly.  I could see if it was still the only game, but that was taken care of years ago.  Going to the parade, game, and now the Turkey Trot is an 80 year Detroit tradition.  Being a Lion fan ain't easy Bud....leave what little we have to call ours alone.  You would probably be surprised at how many people go downtown just to party and tail-gate no matter the weather.  There's more to America than New York.  I bet you weren't offended when OJ ran for 273 yards when we were kids.  I'll always remember 1980 though.....Bears scored on the last play of regulation and then ran back the overtime kickoff after doing virtually nothing the entire game.  I almost threw up my Thanksgiving dinner.  Don't mean to ramble, but maybe you're just upset because you not only picked them to win the game,  but the division also.  Silly Man !!  :wall:     

I remember that one too.  I can one forget when Detroit is on every Turkey day.  I do not care that much.  But its pretty sickening to see them lose this game when they won in Minny.  They are better than they are playing.  Their biggest problem is they always dig themselves that early hole.  Every single game they are down like 10-0 early.  Even against Cleveland they had to rally.  And its tough to rally on a good defense like Minn has.  I still think the Lions can make the playoffs but they are going to have to win at a high rate.  Dallas is finished.  Seattle is on the ropes.  Tampa is a bubble team record wise but I think the Lions are better.

zepscoda was the only one to go undefeated on Thanksgiving Day. Good pickin' zc.:cheer:

Atlanta

Cincinnati

Tennessee

Kansas City

New England 

NY Jesters

Philadelphia

New Orleans (thinking about going to the game)

Seattle

Jacksonville

Oakland

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Archived