Anyone watching TWIN PEAKS???

slave to zep

I had to watch the last three episodes of the second series after the first episode for a reminder of the happenings in the Black Lodge, and the origin of evil Cooper. I've watched each episode three times, a few weeks ago I watched "Fire Walk With Me"  just before the episode that flash backed to Phillip Jefferies (David Bowie), that was a happy accident. Actually I would recommend everyone to watch FWWM as a companion piece as there is a lot of cross referencing. In fact the FWWM film now makes a lot more sense than when it came out. I'm so looking forwards to the season finale double header. Next week I'm going to watch it all over again. 

This series is staying on my Sky+ box until I have the yet unannounced Blu-ray box set is in my hands. Twin Peaks 1, 2 and 3 is the greatest TV show of it's genre of all time inmho.

9 hours ago, JTM said:

I had to watch the last three episodes of the second series after the first episode for a reminder of the happenings in the Black Lodge, and the origin of evil Cooper. I've watched each episode three times, a few weeks ago I watched "Fire Walk With Me"  just before the episode that flash backed to Phillip Jefferies (David Bowie), that was a happy accident. Actually I would recommend everyone to watch FWWM as a companion piece as there is a lot of cross referencing. In fact the FWWM film now makes a lot more sense than when it came out. I'm so looking forwards to the season finale double header. Next week I'm going to watch it all over again. 

This series is staying on my Sky+ box until I have the yet unannounced Blu-ray box set is in my hands. Twin Peaks 1, 2 and 3 is the greatest TV show of it's genre of all time inmho.

Absolute brilliance, isn't it!

All those side stories, so many characters. ...... Lynch is brilliant.

It's airing here in a couple of hours, so excited but sad that it's all over soon.

Or will it be...... hmm

I will have to get the book that Frost wrote, too

17 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

Absolute brilliance, isn't it!

All those side stories, so many characters. ...... Lynch is brilliant.

It's airing here in a couple of hours, so excited but sad that it's all over soon.

Or will it be...... hmm

I will have to get the book that Frost wrote, too

Absolute brilliance it indeed is, the bizzare par excellence. David Lynch and Mark Frost are geniuses. So much to take in. The last episodes aired here starting at one o'clock this morning (first view for all the geeks, main showing is 9PM Tuesday) I watched the first half hour before bedtime, up until Lucy ???? ha ha.. Looking forward to sitting down with the missus later tonight to watch it together. I'm really hoping for a conclusion as I don't think I could stand the wait for another season, though another would be welcome as long as it's not in twenty five years as I doubt I'll be here.. 

1 hour ago, slave to zep said:

Looks like we'll need another season!

I'm ok with that but I  hope it's sooooon!

When Cooper said to Gordon Cole "See you at Curtain Call" I had the suspicion another season could be on the cards. What an ending,  a third Cooper, time travel so that certain events (no spoilers here ) never happened Wow!!!, just hope we don't have to wait too long..

4 hours ago, slave to zep said:

JTM, do you think there will be another season? Or a movie?  Or nothing?

Can't bare the thought of nothing!

What do you think the Audrey storyline is about?

I'm hoping for more, a short run series or a one off, anything, there are too many loose ends.  Audrey ? I don't know, I had read she originally did not sign on for the "reboot",  her scenes seem like an afterthought, an excuse just to revisit the Audrey dance scene from the original series, I'm not sure.. Try this link for some real in depth analysis, in ways I only wish I could articulate..

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/twin-peaks-the-return-2017-contains-spoilers.385197/

The first twenty or so pages are speculation before the series had started.

5 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

I'll download. In the middle of season 2 of bloodline....which is disappearing up its own arsehole. Such a shame. Season 1 was great 

Have you watched the original series?

You must start there and then the movie Fire walk with me  then this new 3rd series

20 hours ago, JTM said:

I'm hoping for more, a short run series or a one off, anything, there are too many loose ends.  Audrey ? I don't know, I had read she originally did not sign on for the "reboot",  her scenes seem like an afterthought, an excuse just to revisit the Audrey dance scene from the original series, I'm not sure.. Try this link for some real in depth analysis, in ways I only wish I could articulate..

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/twin-peaks-the-return-2017-contains-spoilers.385197/

The first twenty or so pages are speculation before the series had started.

What do you think about the crossovers between the wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland? 

Tin (woods) man - woodsman 

Dorothy dreaming about another reality with doppelgangers

Andy - scareceow

Man behind the curtain - red curtain

Bob destroyed by a simple punch - witch destroyed by simple bucket of water

Plus many more

Rabbit - jack rabbits palace 

Going down the rabbit hole

Alice talkst to Dinah (cat) - Dale talks to Diane

Playing cards in both....

I'm waiting for the DVD. My kinship with Lynch goes all the way back to when "Eraserhead" was freaking people out on the midnight-movie circuit. I watched the original series with fellow Twin Peakers with coffee and cherry pie.

I was curious but also wary when the new series was announced. But everyone who has seen it has nothing but good words to say. I just have a hard time watching tv these days. I can never fit it into my schedule, so I prefer to watch when it comes out on dvd.

49 minutes ago, Strider said:

I'm waiting for the DVD. My kinship with Lynch goes all the way back to when "Eraserhead" was freaking people out on the midnight-movie circuit. I watched the original series with fellow Twin Peakers with coffee and cherry pie.

I was curious but also wary when the new series was announced. But everyone who has seen it has nothing but good words to say. I just have a hard time watching tv these days. I can never fit it into my schedule, so I prefer to watch when it comes out on dvd.

I thought you would be a Lynch fan!

Watch the movie Fire walk with me first. 

8 hours ago, slave to zep said:

What do you think about the crossovers between the wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland? 

Tin (woods) man - woodsman 

Dorothy dreaming about another reality with doppelgangers

Andy - scareceow

Man behind the curtain - red curtain

Bob destroyed by a simple punch - witch destroyed by simple bucket of water

Plus many more

Rabbit - jack rabbits palace 

Going down the rabbit hole

Alice talkst to Dinah (cat) - Dale talks to Diane

Playing cards in both....

Surprising as it may seem, I'm not really that familiar with "TWOO" I know a little about it. Maybe Lucy could be the Cowardly Lion through her fear of mobile/cell phones maybe. I see more of a Stan Laurell thing going on with Andy. So many connections can be made, I'm still trying to work it  out. Oh btw have you seen FWWM The Missing Peices, ninety mins of deleted and extended scenes ?, that answers a few more questions..

On 9/3/2017 at 3:03 PM, slave to zep said:

OMG it's  sooooo good!

Final double episode tonight......

Thinking about getting into it next, so I'm not going to read the rest of the thread.  Glad you've recommended it! 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Thinking about getting into it next, so I'm not going to read the rest of the thread.  Glad you've recommended it! 

I love it.

Very weird though!

Make sure to watch the original series 1 and 2 first, then Fire walk with me then this new series. 

Archived