Anyone know anything about this shirt?

Garrett Bennett

An example of this shirt that is worn by Jimmy Page in the above image was sold by my friend Rick Barrett for $225.00 when former Swan Song employee Shelley Kaye sold some of her items.  Here's images of the front and back:

LSshirt1_zps0pnpqvke.jpg

LSshirt4_zps4aziturp.jpg

Robert

P.S. There was also a '75 Toby Roberts tour shirt that was sold which was a tye dye style.  I have images of that shirt as well.  The above shirt was given to Shelley by someone in California, so it's most likely a California artist.  The Toby Roberts shirt was for $350.00.

2 hours ago, Sems Fir said:

An example of this shirt that is worn by Jimmy Page in the above image was sold by my friend Rick Barrett for $225.00 when former Swan Song employee Shelley Kaye sold some of her items.  Here's images of the front and back:

LSshirt1_zps0pnpqvke.jpg

LSshirt4_zps4aziturp.jpg

Robert

P.S. There was also a '75 Toby Roberts tour shirt that was sold which was a tye dye style.  I have images of that shirt as well.  The above shirt was given to Shelley by someone in California, so it's most likely a California artist.  The Toby Roberts shirt was for $350.00.

Thanks so much for the info! Yea its for sale at an estate sale and they are asking $500, not sure if it's quite worth that much. Here is a photo, it's framed with Physical Graffiti, a pick, and an article on Jimmy. I'll buy it to hang not to re-sell.

zep shirt.jpg

Hi Garrett, I believe they are boosting the price due to the montage display the shirt sits in.  If you purchase it you may want to pull the shirt out of the display and assemble a different one.  That one appears to be bulky and not eye catching for the shirt (but that's me)  Mook, the shirt looks odd because of where they folded the sleeves down and flattened the shirt for the display.  Jimmy did have a large right forearm.  You can see how large it was in the poolside image as well as the Knebworth rehearsal image.  If you need the dates of the images or to see the actual images I'm referring to I can post them.

Robert

13 hours ago, Sems Fir said:

Hi Garrett, I believe they are boosting the price due to the montage display the shirt sits in.  If you purchase it you may want to pull the shirt out of the display and assemble a different one.  That one appears to be bulky and not eye catching for the shirt (but that's me)  Mook, the shirt looks odd because of where they folded the sleeves down and flattened the shirt for the display.  Jimmy did have a large right forearm.  You can see how large it was in the poolside image as well as the Knebworth rehearsal image.  If you need the dates of the images or to see the actual images I'm referring to I can post them.

Robert

That montage display is horrible. It needs to be professionally done.

Archived